• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anchor locker drain?

Took my new 2020 AR210 out for her maiden voyage yesterday. When I was winching her back onto the trailer I heard some popping sounds and discovered that my bow eye was loose!

Today I went out to the boat with some tools to tighten down the bolts on the bow eye and noticed this rough looking hole at the bottom of my anchor locker.

Is this the drain? Is it normal to look like they just used a power drill and called it a day? I guess I was expecting something similar to the drains in the other compartments.

View attachment 120310
View attachment 120311
I have a 2022 AR 250 and took it out in Tampa Bay with 7 people. While running the bilge filled with water, and yes the plug was in. The bilge pump never came on so it had about 9 inches of water in the bilge. I finally got the pump to come on. I was told the water is coming from the locker drain. Not sure what Yamaha will do but it is in the shop now.

I have a 2022 AR 250 and took it out in Tampa Bay with 7 people. While running the bilge filled with water, and yes the plug was in. The bilge pump never came on so it had about 9 inches of water in the bilge. I finally got the pump to come on. I was told the water is coming from the locker drain. Not sure what Yamaha will do but it is in the shop now.

What was up with the bilge pump??!!

Not sure, the float switch was not working, and even with the manual switch it didn't come on at first. Dealer has it now so we shall see. I ask them to do something about the anchor drain under warranty and now I am reaching out to the yes folks trying to see what they will do. If nothing I am going to plug it and add a second bilge pump.

Not sure, the float switch was not working, and even with the manual switch it didn't come on at first. Dealer has it now so we shall see. I ask them to do something about the anchor drain under warranty and now I am reaching out to the yes folks trying to see what they will do. If nothing I am going to plug it and add a second bilge pump.

Did you inspect the bilge screen for debris ? That’s weird that the pump didn’t come on when you used the manual switch. Had you tested the bilge pump at any point?

Do you know that the anchor locker drain is leaking?

Yes, it was working before and ince I got it own it worked so the screen was not plugged. The only time water gets in the boat is when people are sitting in the bow.

Back