• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Annoyed

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Back in the day we used to go back in the bay by Gull Island and it was like glass. But these days that’s where they’re doing the Raft Offs so probably not the place to be. With so many boats out there these days, I’m not sure it’s going to be a great location to learn water sports. It may have to be a weekday but these days with everybody taking a “nooner” with working for home that may not be much of an option either. Sorry, I am not coming up with much help. 😁

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahhhh..so nice to have a private river. Even on July 4, you will see maybe 5 boats. No parking? What's that?
Then again, out once last season. A couple times the season before. But wife says don't sell. Why not? Let someone else use it!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oddly enough I’m facing kind of the opposite issue, my family doesn’t seem interested in boating much anymore to the point where I’m considering selling the boat. I guess you have to choose your battles here lol.
I would never sell my boat or skis. I have zero problem going out on the water by my lonesome. Well not so alone(beer and music)

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Tried to get on a couple of lakes this evening waited for an hour at each one, but couldn't get a parking spot. We are planning on going out Saturday Morning and being at the lake at 10:00 a.m. I am sure that it will not go well finding a spot at most of them....... I know but family doesn't want to get up any earlier, don't get me started on that one.

None the less, the problem is, is that individual cars are parking in trailer only spots. Since there are no DNR working any of the launch sites it is a free for all. I saw someone this evening while they were launching their boat since they were next in line and a spot opened up a car just drove it and took his free trailer spot as he finished launching the boat. Got out of the car with a fishing pole and trotted down to the waters edge to fish.

It's like it is an uncontrolled free for all everywhere, with no courtesy. Is this the way it is everywhere and in other states?
I remember the same experience when I trailered. The last time, it was a weekend and I drove to 3 different boat ramps and ultimately gave up. You soon realize weekends are crazy especially after 10:00 am. If you can plan a weekday you most likely not encounter parking issues. Is there a private marina that will charge for ramp use only? May be worth spending the money. Some boat storage places will help launch boat as well.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I told my buddy how to avoid this. Park the boat there the night before then Uber back to the ramp, and have some stand in the spot while you launch.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It sure seems like the supply/demand equation on boats is going to swing hard the other way at some point and make for a lot of great deals for buyers and real headaches for sellers who financed. The ramps are like Memorial Day and July 4th every weekend now. I am glad to see more appreciate boating; but can’t help but feel it’s a fad considering everyone loves to use “bust out another thousand”, best boat is a friend’s boat and happiest day is when you buy and when you sell.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Seadeals you may be right. There could be a a lot of 1 and 2 year old boats in the next couple of years flooding the market, which would make for a great deal. Buyer's remorse as well as not enjoying and using it as much as people think they would. In turn this could push the value/price down on new ones a bit or keep them from going up by added discounts from Yamaha, etc. I was thinking the same thing. I would like to get a 240, 212 or 242 perhaps, just didn't want to bite off that much this year with everything going on. I got a great deal on my boat since it was just before the rush on the hit back in April with all the incentives , so unloading wouldn't be bad if the prices on the new ones hold the same or have some nice incentives next year or the year after.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I told my buddy how to avoid this. Park the boat there the night before then Uber back to the ramp, and have some stand in the spot while you launch.
Pay the uber a tip to wait in the spot till u return with the trailer

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Threads like these remind me why I love having a slip at the local marina. SOOOOOO much less stressful to get out on the water. No ramp drama to spoil the day. The price is that the boat gets dirty, wear is accelerated, and ..... well..... the $ price. After 7 years of using a slip each summer, though, I still believe it is worth it for the pure enjoyment factor.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So today we got to the lake at 10:20 a.m., the lake we wanted to go to the most. There were about 15 spots available out of 72. We got in out on the water no problem. About 30 minutes later I realized we had forgotten 2 pair of sunglasses so I dropped off the better half at the launch so she could go to the car and get them. There where no spots left, there was a line and she observed a woman sitting in a trailer parking spot waiting for her friends to arrive with the boat, so she was saving it. A guy who had just launched and and was looking for a parking spot was arguing with her and they were screaming at each other. Wow what a not cool scene.

Needless to say we had a great day....... Till...... we came back to the launch and the Sherriff boat was there with his lights on. Come to find out that in the little bay area around the boat ramps a sailboat sank, so they were not letting any one use the ramps try back in an hour. We came back in an hour and the sherrif's dive team was putting inflatable bags on the sailboat while a flat bed was backing into the ramp.

The let us take a far ramp but didn't see them pull the boat out of the water.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, not at all. Launches all over the place. Good place for watersports is another story. The chop gets pretty serious. Want the kids to learn to wakeboard. Would be a tough place to teach.
I was just on Lake St Clair. Get place to boat. Just need to learn how to ride the waves.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, it's a shit show here too. Except if you don't get there by 9 on the weekends you can forget it. We went out during the week and it was better but still busy. Getting out though still sucks. Haven't found a good time for that. Granted I unload and load by myself, which has never been a problem for years even on holidays, until this year. Now the ramps are so busy if you need to tie up you're going to get cussed out. I just tell em to fuck off, and wife has learned to do the same. We decided not to go out this weekend and honestly I was totally ok foregoing the ramp nightmare we have. They just reopened one of our big ramps, but it has been underwater until recently due to the rains. So, I haven't tried that one yet. Heard it's still busy, but maybe not so crazy. It's a pay ramp I have a pass for, so hopefully it has decreased the traffic. Last year it was always empty even on holidays. Miss that!

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is what I had to deal with after an all day on the lake. Someone hit my trailer ! 😡 Beyond pissed ! No note no nothing. Left me with a busted tail light and bent up bracket. Told the ranger but honestly what am I to do but shell out some more money and fix it myself.

Attachments

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I’ve been there, for what you have to put up with at the public ramps and then find that. Hopefully it is repairable without any noticeable difference.

sapperfitz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So this happened to me on the Saturday after Washington finally allowed boat launches to open (not opening weekend, but the next). I was launching at Point Defiance (nice launch, multiple lanes, huge trailer parking area). Same thing, over half the trailer spots were taken by cars. The line for the launch was probably 15 deep. I launched my boat and drove around the parking lot twice. The first time around I noticed a teenager standing in a spot, turns out this was the only spot left. I politely explained this was the last spot and I had already launched my boat, so I needed her to move. She got upset and said her dad would be there any minute. I told her to show me which one was her dad; she pointed to the 8th truck in line. I told her my family was waiting for me on the dock and were impeding others from launching their boats. She became irate so I told her to call her dad for me. She did and after a conversation that made me more than a little uncomfortable, she eventually moved. I swung by her dad's truck on the way back to my boat and was going to discuss the situation with them but the wife started off with angry words, so I just ignored her and walked down to the boat. I felt pretty bad when I initially asked the girl to move, but I couldn't figure out any other solution. I was pretty sure my truck was going to get keyed, but it wasn't. I'm pretty sure the husband was probably a rational person.

So, long story short, having somebody stand in the spot is not a valid solution.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with all points that ramps this year have been busier than ever, parking damn near impossible, but you have to make lemonade out of lemons. My solution thus far has been to show up early on those busy saturdays, by 8:30a or 9 at the latest, bring a griddle for my portable grill, a pack of bacon, eggs, and OJ, and cook breakfast on the boat. Make the best of getting up early. The best part is our sandbar is within binocular range of the ramp, and I get to watch all the antics! Last Saturday there were 4 boats/jet skis that got dropped into the water, wouldn’t start, and had to be pulled back out. All while tying up one of two ramps!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The public launch splits my property right in half. 35 years ago, this was one of the hot spots to launch a boat. Nowadays, it's a living hell, there's at least 3-5 boats launched per day and if I can't immediately launch my boat, I have to wait for tens of tens of minutes. It's a nightmare, but I manage to get by.

Did any of this help? I have a wealth of parking too, in case any of you want to stop by to visit and launch. All the no parking signs deter all but the locals, and they're usually people we know, so I tend to park the trailer so that our view is only blocked by a vehicle we own and can move at our leisure. It's not as easy as wet slipping the boat, but like I said, I manage to get by ;)

The best part is, the people who come steaming in as if that stop sign isn't there. My favorite thing to do when someone does that is to yell out to them "I haven't seen anyone launch headfirst yet, but you guys seem like you coulda pulled it off! Back up and give it another shot, I'll spot you!"

IMG_20190630_105101295(1).jpg

ysidive

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tried to get on a couple of lakes this evening waited for an hour at each one, but couldn't get a parking spot. We are planning on going out Saturday Morning and being at the lake at 10:00 a.m. I am sure that it will not go well finding a spot at most of them....... I know but family doesn't want to get up any earlier, don't get me started on that one.

None the less, the problem is, is that individual cars are parking in trailer only spots. Since there are no DNR working any of the launch sites it is a free for all. I saw someone this evening while they were launching their boat since they were next in line and a spot opened up a car just drove it and took his free trailer spot as he finished launching the boat. Got out of the car with a fishing pole and trotted down to the waters edge to fish.

It's like it is an uncontrolled free for all everywhere, with no courtesy. Is this the way it is everywhere and in other states?
Thats easy... If it is clearly marked vehicles with trailers... Just park behind an idiot that is parked illegaly and go out and enjoy your day.. Let him wait till you are ready to return....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have no idea what you mean. Thanks for the dislike.