• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Stoltz Roller Post

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
C'Mon...... Get the Guides, 1" max from side of boat. Game changer for loading, especially for the inexperienced, in a wind, chop or current.
Power loading is prohibited in our area so guides are of no use to us. Plus I'd rather hand-load because it guarantees no scratches, centers nicely, and we're usually 2-3x faster than all the bass boats with guides trying to get on the trailer. We're usually in the staging area getting ready to drive off when they're just pulling out of the water, and they arrived at the ramp before us.
:D

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
and put on safety chain and pull out to load staging area.
You should put on the safety chain before you pull out of the water and up the ramp. If you have a winch or strap failure, the safety chain will keep your boat from landing on the ramp...that would not be a good day.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last time out was much better. I had moved my winch tower back 3". So the tongue weight is better, and it does align up better on the bunks. But like you said, the wind can push it off center very easily, unless you have someone back there to hold it.
I cannot remember who did this, I think it was @Ronnie, but they replaced their bunks with longer boards, and it helped them with "catching" the trailer sooner. Sounds like it might be a help to your situation.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Power loading is prohibited in our area so guides are of no use to us. Plus I'd rather hand-load because it guarantees no scratches, centers nicely, and we're usually 2-3x faster than all the bass boats with guides trying to get on the trailer. We're usually in the staging area getting ready to drive off when they're just pulling out of the water, and they arrived at the ramp before us.
I use the guides to help me load/unload when I'm by myself, especially when it's windy. They also help me when backing into my storage unit. I don't plan to ever power load my boat, on or off. Like you said, improves your chances of not damaging your boat. I'm on board.👍

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I use the guides to help me load/unload when I'm by myself, especially when it's windy. They also help me when backing into my storage unit. I don't plan to ever power load my boat, on or off. Like you said, improves your chances of not damaging your boat. I'm on board.👍
Power loading will eventually damage your car transmission. I slowly pull up until boat stops on its own, then crank it up.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No one indicated they were power loading...... There is a difference between power loading and gliding your boat on the trailer through the guides and while your engines are off. Haven't seen anyone indicate that they are actually Power Loading like the Bass Boats, which is ignorant and lazy and destroys the area around the ramps. Using Guides and Power Loading are different things and should be. I don't have issue with scratches or centering and also am extremely quick and efficient loading and unloading boat. Additionally I will guarantee in a good cross current or wind the guides make it much easier, especially when you don't have help.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should put on the safety chain before you pull out of the water and up the ramp. If you have a winch or strap failure, the safety chain will keep your boat from landing on the ramp...that would not be a good day.
My boat is still over the water and I only put on the safety chain after the abrupt stop to snug the boat. I don't want the chain smacking against the boat. Once snugged the safety chain goes on.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Power loading will eventually damage your car transmission. I slowly pull up until boat stops on its own, then crack it up.
How does power loading damage your vehicles transmission?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How does power loading damage your vehicles transmission?
Your boat will push the car forward while its transmission gears are engaged in park. Puts repeated undue stress on the gear teeth. Ever feel how hard it is to shift into drive while the car is parked on an incline? it’s because there is a load on the gears. Same principle.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I am about to install my new roller and was wondering if you all left the metal cap on the end of the new roller?
Are you installing a Stoltz roller or the same one shown in picture? If installing a Stoltz, there is a washer for under the head of the new bolt, and another one for under the nut. I cannot recommend the one you have pictured. My trailer came with that roller and destroyed my gelcoat.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you installing a Stoltz roller or the same one shown in picture? If installing a Stoltz, there is a washer for under the head of the new bolt, and another one for under the nut. I cannot recommend the one you have pictured. My trailer came with that roller and destroyed my gelcoat.
I installed a stoltz I was asking in the post if the metal ends of the old one need to go with the stoltz. The didn’t fit so I used on the washers 👍🏻

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I installed a stoltz I was asking in the post if the metal ends of the old one need to go with the stoltz. The didn’t fit so I used on the washers 👍🏻
Okay cool ! Sorry, I misunderstood!

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How do you trim 1/4”-3/8” off each side of the center roller?
I tried a table saw with general purpose blade. Didn’t cut straight and gummed up the blade. Stopped pretty quick so it’s still salvageable.
Suggestions appreciated

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I tried a table saw with general purpose blade. Didn’t cut straight and gummed up the blade. Stopped pretty quick so it’s still salvageable.
Suggestions appreciated
Here’s where I got mine:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
Suggestions appreciated
Belt sander. Sand off what's necessary

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here’s where I got mine:
I think I need the deeper-v for the 210 FSH and I have the 4” just need to cut it down. Thanks

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
[/QUOTE]
Will give that a try!!! Probably makes a mess…Thanks

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will give that a try!!! Probably makes a mess…Thanks
Yeah, it will, but it's the easiest way to get consistent results with a flat end to the roller. It also goes a LOT quicker than you might think, so be careful. I did my old blue roller, make sure you're outside, the static cling will crap up the siding on the house for several weeks if you aren't paying attention - ask me how I know 😂