• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone install new rod Holders in the flimsy side gunnels on the 255 FSH?

Loveair

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
PWC
I’m wanting to install a couple of zero degree rod holders for electric reels. I am thinking of putting a 3/8” Aluminum backing plate under them. Still not sure if they will be strong enough?9F497AE4-2E68-4E27-95A9-152F305DAF29.jpeg

Loveair

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
PWC
Well I didn’t get any responses. So I installed one on each side anyway. I wouldn’t deep drop with them. But for trolling or just having another place to stick a rod or gaff. It’s handy.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I didn’t get any responses. So I installed one on each side anyway. I wouldn’t deep drop with them. But for trolling or just having another place to stick a rod or gaff. It’s handy.
The backing plate is a great idea! I know @Liveto99 was using a pretty big manual set up to reel in what he thought was a shark and the rod holder broke out of the fiberglass. I think by using the backing plate you won’t have any issues. Ive been using down riggers in my forward 30° rod holders for a couple of years now with no problems and I use 8# weights with 52” booms.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m wanting to install a couple of zero degree rod holders for electric reels. I am thinking of putting a 3/8” Aluminum backing plate under them. Still not sure if they will be strong enough?View attachment 200446
I would definitely use the aluminum that will probably work.