• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 Build Mods

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Love this, I just took delivery of my 2019 195 a few weeks ago. Going to bookmark this page for future upgrades.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love this post! I did the Seadek kit from JBP and the same trailer wheels as you. I ordered the wheels with 225/75/15 radials from etrailer and did a 3/4" aluminum axle lift block (with longer ubolts) to raise the ground clearance of the trailer. I had plenty of garage height but the rudder wanted to scrape on the driveway if I did not get the angle right and the lift and bigger tires fixed the issue. I ordered the remote after reading your comment on another thread and am waiting to install. It looks like I need to drill about a 1" diameter hole. What type of hole saw did you use to drill the hole?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I love this post! I did the Seadek kit from JBP and the same trailer wheels as you. I ordered the wheels with 225/75/15 radials from etrailer and did a 3/4" aluminum axle lift block (with longer ubolts) to raise the ground clearance of the trailer. I had plenty of garage height but the rudder wanted to scrape on the driveway if I did not get the angle right and the lift and bigger tires fixed the issue. I ordered the remote after reading your comment on another thread and am waiting to install. It looks like I need to drill about a 1" diameter hole. What type of hole saw did you use to drill the hole?
To install the MARC100 wired remote I used a 1-1/2" and a half rounded file for a tight fit. A guy on FB used a 1-3/4" hole, but I wanted to keep the hole as small as possible and a tight fit.
dozer.JPG

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To install the MARC100 wired remote I used a 1-1/2" and a half rounded file for a tight fit. A guy on FB used a 1-3/4" hole, but I wanted to keep the hole as small as possible and a tight fit.
View attachment 88451
Perfect! I will pick one of those up. Did you do the “reverse first” trick with the drill? I didn’t see any mounting screws in the box....do you recall the size you used?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Perfect! I will pick one of those up. Did you do the “reverse first” trick with the drill? I didn’t see any mounting screws in the box....do you recall the size you used?
Do you mean reverse the drill bit? I used a hole punch once I had everything taped up to ensure the bit started where I wanted it to.

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fantastic write-up with a lot of common mods and information. Well done!

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What kinda MPH increase did you see after doing the ribbon delete and related mods?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jEt_jAk I have not had a chance to test yet as I patiently await Spring. Once I get a somewhat decent day I plan doing some testing and posting the results.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
CJS Viper Steering System
  1. Cost $159.00
  2. Website: CJS VIPER Steering System
  3. Reasoning: I wanted improved steering at low and high speeds. Mainly at high speeds when turning and the ability to retrieve a down skier/boarder/tuber.
    1. Note: In the picture I managed to hit a piece of wood at WOT two weeks before a week long camping trip. I contacted Jeff with CJS and he dropped everything to fix my system and shipped it out immediately. Great customer service and very happy with the product.
    2. Viper 2.jpg

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Mine looked about the same if not worse last summer.. ended up removing it. It worked great just the Columbia is very unforgiving if your at anchor in shallow water and one those car hauling ships goes down the river.. boat darn near ended up completely out of water..all that weight....

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine looked about the same if not worse last summer.. ended up removing it. It worked great just the Columbia is very unforgiving if your at anchor in shallow water and one those car hauling ships goes down the river.. boat darn near ended up completely out of water..all that weight....
The Columbia has been a bit unforgiving to you between your haul and CJS! Good luck on your journey for warmer weather.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@SamCF @Julian @swatski
I need your input. Over the winter I added a K&N CAI filter and came across this 2” water resistant vent. I’m thinking about installing this vent just below the engine hatch near the floor that would allow airflow directly into the filter in the engine bay. Thoughts? Any concerns?F17AB729-5198-4BC7-AAF9-5C49E94DFD04.png

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SamCF @Julian @swatski
I need your input. Over the winter I added a K&N CAI filter and came across this 2” water resistant vent. I’m thinking about installing this vent just below the engine hatch near the floor that would allow airflow directly into the filter in the engine bay. Thoughts? Any concerns?View attachment 88749
If I understand it correctly, I would not do that; if you ever take water over the bow which can happen in rough conditions you would run the risk of swamping the engine as you need to keep the bow up to get the water out of the scupper back there.

--

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@SamCF @Julian @swatski
I need your input. Over the winter I added a K&N CAI filter and came across this 2” water resistant vent. I’m thinking about installing this vent just below the engine hatch near the floor that would allow airflow directly into the filter in the engine bay. Thoughts? Any concerns?View attachment 88749
I wouldn't use that. Just open up the existing vent that is behind the swim deck back rest. Mine is cut out about double the original size.

I think that extra vent would let an incredible amount of noise into the boat.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I understand it correctly, I would not do that; if you ever take water over the bow which can happen in rough conditions you would run the risk of swamping the engine as you need to keep the bow up to get the water out of the scupper back there.

--
Thank you, I didn’t think about that and it definitely can happen here on the Columbia and Willamette rivers. It’s not uncommon to see 4’ plus waves from yachts and cargo ships.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wouldn't use that. Just open up the existing vent that is behind the swim deck back rest. Mine is cut out about double the original size.

I think that extra vent would let an incredible amount of noise into the boat.
I will look into enlarging the rear vent hole and your dead on about the increased noise.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Out of the garage and ready for the season, come on sunshine. FD217E69-355E-45CF-8110-400062ADE3D0.jpeg4081C304-BA69-46CF-AA9C-82449D59CD68.jpeg