• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 Build Mods

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski We purchased a new house last June and now I'm able to store the boat in the garage. So having such easy access and looking at each day has lead to some serious summer fever! I have following mods planned before summer as long as my wife doesn't catch on.

- Thrust Vector Wake - On order
- Helm Storage Door - March
- Helm Cup holder - March
- Samson reverse arch mirror - April
- Ballast Bags for under the rear seats - April
- Ballast Bag for the ski locker - April

Djkinn13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see u missed the latarel thrusters form JBP I hoping to see the best results from it lol

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have two of those remotes also what drill size did u use or hole saw, boy it looks perfect there that was where I was thinks but still tight spot it looks, but long as it flush I’m fine with, thanks for all the help
I used a 1 1/2” hole dozer bit and a rounded file for a nice tight fit.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I forgot what direction did u run the wire bow or stern?
The wire is ran down into a factory hole from the compartment under the helm into the ski locker. I drill small holes in the lip of the ski locked and used zip ties and ran it through another factory hole up into the storage compartment where the radio is located.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see u missed the latarel thrusters form JBP I hoping to see the best results from it lol
Since I have the Viper set up which is not compatible with the lateral thrusters. If the thrust vector wake works like I hope then I plan on ordering a set.

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gantlin 19’ Custom Transom Ballast Bag 490lbs (Fat Sac)
  1. Cost: $325.00
  2. Website: http://www.gantlinproducts.com/pricing-models.html
  3. Reasoning: Based user feedback this bag places the weight in the right spot. I got the bag towards the tail end of summer and was only able to use it twice. The bag made a huge difference in the wake.
  4. Note: Order an additional quick connect fitting thru wakemakers for quick drainage.
  5. View attachment 88422
  6. Fly High FATSAC Supa Tsunami Pump
    1. Cost: $ 143.99 (Discount code: Yamaha1314)
    2. Website: https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fatsac-supa-tsunami-pump-juiced-edition.html
    3. Reasoning: Fly High/Fat Sac pump
    4. View attachment 88423
Can you surf ropeless with this??

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Total ballast between all 4 bags and my lead bags = 1,500 lbs.
Don't want to hijack or anything, but isn't the max weight capacity of an AR195 around 1200lbs? I have never used ballast and am curious about how much we can safely load down the 195.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Don't want to hijack or anything, but isn't the max weight capacity of an AR195 around 1200lbs? I have never used ballast and am curious about how much we can safely load down the 195.
It’s a fine line and the 2017’s is rated for 1,800 lbs. (I believe) I will be curious to see how it handles with the load along with the other modifications I have done over the winter. I will be testing out everything thing on my own first to make sure everything is safe and the boat can handle the load before putting a wake surfer behind the boat.

Edit: 2017 AR 195 is rated for 1,160 lbs.

Last edited:

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It’s a fine line and the 2017’s is rated for 1,800 lbs. (I believe) I will be curious to see how it handles with the load along with the other modifications I have done over the winter. I will be testing out everything thing on my own first to make sure everything is safe and the boat can handle the load before putting a wake surfer behind the boat.
Great information on this entire post. I just picked up a 17 AR195 as my first jet boat (tired of wakeboarding behind a transom mount and seems like an amazing boat for the money) and will definitely be outfitting a few essentials in the coming weeks, and a wish list for the winter modifications to make in between snowmobiling days. Also, I'm excited to hear how the ballasts work. I'd love to get into wakesurfing, though I know its not ideal behind a 19' boat. Thanks!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DBMainiac You will have to keep me posted on your mods! The AR195 has been a great boat and few simple mods for a little over $200 really increase the usability of the boat from my perspective. The following 3 mods will make a world of difference; Helm storage door, wired remote and helm cup holder.
I'm just waiting on a nice day here in the Pacific North West so I can get out and try out the new ballast bags. I will post the results soon!

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update - I took the boat out and filled all 4 ballast bags and 100 lbs of lead bags with myself and 5 year old daughter. I was very impressed by the wake but it was kind of a pain in the ass filling all 4 bag.

2 - 225 lbs ballast bag on each side of the engine under the rear seats.
1 - 370 lbs ballast bag in the ski locker
1 - 490 lbs ballast bag on the transom in the middle
2 - 50 lbs lead wake ballast bags under the rear seats pushed back as far as they can go.
I personally think it was to much weight as I was running 6,800 RPMs to maintain wake surf speeds. I was amazed that with the lucky 13 cone and all 3 spacers I was able to easily get up to plane and reach speeds in the 40’s.

The main reason why I bought the lucky 13 cone was to deal with the cavitation while wake surfing with the rear transom bag. The lucky 13 cone accomplished exactly what I wanted and more.

Once the weather gets better I plan on just using the 490 lbs transom bag in the center and the 370 lbs bag in the ski locker and 100 lbs lead bags.

On a side note with a 1/4 tank of gas along with myself 210 lbs, 5 year old 38 lbs and 100 lbs lead bags. I ran 54.2 mph GPS at 7,600 with the lucky 13 cone and all 3 spacers installed. I did remove CJS Viper which I think reduced the drag.

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Update - I took the boat out and filled all 4 ballast bags and 100 lbs of lead bags with myself and 5 year old daughter. I was very impressed by the wake but it was kind of a pain in the ass filling all 4 bag.

2 - 225 lbs ballast bag on each side of the engine under the rear seats.
1 - 370 lbs ballast bag in the ski locker
1 - 490 lbs ballast bag on the transom in the middle
2 - 50 lbs lead wake ballast bags under the rear seats pushed back as far as they can go.
I personally think it was to much weight as I was running 6,800 RPMs to maintain wake surf speeds. I was amazed that with the lucky 13 cone and all 3 spacers I was able to easily get up to plane and reach speeds in the 40’s.

The main reason why I bought the lucky 13 cone was to deal with the cavitation while wake surfing with the rear transom bag. The lucky 13 cone accomplished exactly what I wanted and more.

Once the weather gets better I plan on just using the 490 lbs transom bag in the center and the 370 lbs bag in the ski locker and 100 lbs lead bags.

On a side note with a 1/4 tank of gas along with myself 210 lbs, 5 year old 38 lbs and 100 lbs lead bags. I ran 54.2 mph GPS at 7,600 with the lucky 13 cone and all 3 spacers installed. I did remove CJS Viper which I think reduced the drag.
I'm picking up my boat tomorrow! Lucky 13 cone is already on order. I'm going to wait on Thrust Vectors vs CJS for now. I'll work on docking and maneuvering with just the AK for now and see how it is. Impressive speed with that much weight!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm picking up my boat tomorrow! Lucky 13 cone is already on order. I'm going to wait on Thrust Vectors vs CJS for now. I'll work on docking and maneuvering with just the AK for now and see how it is. Impressive speed with that much weight!!
I never had CJS Vipers, hard to tell if those would help or hurt when building a surfable wake. I have had the Ultimates(?) in my single and now a twin (with Fangs) and those do not seem to effect the wake in any way. However, especially in a single (engine), I would consider Cobras (down on plane) almost a necessity for wakeboarding and skiing, particularly when pulling heavier/stronger skiers. They can swing the stern sideways otherwise which is kind of an awful feeling.
The L13 is amazing, in my 190 I had trouble pulling big skiers out of the water with some of the aftermarket impellers I tested like Solas, the OEM impelelr plus L13 - totally different story.
And - keep that pump/intake tunnel sealed!

--

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I never had CJS Vipers, hard to tell if those would help or hurt when building a surfable wake. I have had the Ultimates(?) in my single and now a twin (with Fangs) and those do not seem to effect the wake in any way. However, especially in a single (engine), I would consider Cobras (down on plane) almost a necessity for wakeboarding and skiing, particularly when pulling heavier/stronger skiers. They can swing the stern sideways otherwise which is kind of an awful feeling.
The L13 is amazing, in my 190 I had trouble pulling big skiers out of the water with some of the aftermarket impellers I tested like Solas, the OEM impelelr plus L13 - totally different story.
And - keep that pump/intake tunnel sealed!

--
When you say keep it sealed, are you referring to the write up about moving the o- ring from the OEM cone and the grease that some have talked about getting?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you say keep it sealed, are you referring to the write up about moving the o- ring from the OEM cone and the grease that some have talked about getting?
Yes, that's very important! But what I meant to say is sealing any gaps inside the intake tunnel and between the transome plate and wearing, anywhere that air can be sucked into the pump form outside or inside the hull/bilge. Some call it it "blueprinting". Any air entering the pump will cause excessive cavitation - with resulting cavitation burns and loss of thrust.

--

DBMainiac

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Guys! Just test drove the 17 AR195. Low seas, less than 1 ft chop. Struggled to hit 40 mph on the dash speedo! I really expected more. Roughly 100 hours on the motor. Looks pristine! What am I missing???!?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guys! Just test drove the 17 AR195. Low seas, less than 1 ft chop. Struggled to hit 40 mph on the dash speedo! I really expected more. Roughly 100 hours on the motor. Looks pristine! What am I missing???!?
What were your RPMS? How many people on board? Any weight in the bow? Have you changed the oil and plugs?