• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bad luck for out on the reef's new boat

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No pity here if they offered a full refund that is incredible in the boating world and a rare thing. Yamaha would have laughed in his face had he said this to them and they would have said its normal and doesn't effect the performance of the vessel and to deal with it. He was offered a free out it sounds like he should have taken it and maybe he got such a great deal on the boat because exactly as he said it was known to have a factory defect. If they are willing to give him a full refund its not on Parker to replace the boat it's on the dealer to replace the boat at the same cost which once again leads me to think the boat was discounted for a reason.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dude is just hanging himself. I would have taken the cash and ran to another manufacturer. Been done with that boat and moved on. But, another video. At some point, they'll say "tough" and when it goes to court, Parker will state that they offered multiple "fixes" including a refund and all were turned down. But hey, who am I, just some schmuck from the land of beer and cheese.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Someone at Parker messed up for sure. We are all human and we all make mistakes. Without having the full picture it still sounds as if Parker tried to make it right. In return thier name is getting trounced. I get why outonthereef is upset and he has every right to be. From an outsiders view with current available info I think Parker has even more at stake and even more reason to be upset about where things are now.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No pity here if they offered a full refund that is incredible in the boating world and a rare thing. Yamaha would have laughed in his face had he said this to them and they would have said its normal and doesn't effect the performance of the vessel and to deal with it. He was offered a free out it sounds like he should have taken it and maybe he got such a great deal on the boat because exactly as he said it was known to have a factory defect. If they are willing to give him a full refund its not on Parker to replace the boat it's on the dealer to replace the boat at the same cost which once again leads me to think the boat was discounted for a reason.
Amen to that^^^

--

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, Mr. Parker is fighting back!!! I think I'd agree with everyone else, I would've taken the refund and went elsewhere. I thought he had no chance at getting an extra feature with a new boat (the radar). It's March, this was identified back in December or January, could have easily been rectified by now.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have watched and enjoyed several of reef's videos, but after watching this last video about the boat and the way he's handling it, my opinion of him has dropped significantly.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I read all the comments and I think I understand his position. He wants the exact same boat he has now. Specced like he built it. Easy fix, enjoy the boat you currently have. We build you a new boat to your specs and swap motors out. He also wants a mounted radar. Split the cost and done

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I agree Parker has been more than fair. However, it is unfortunate that their now public letter has an error - quality control again.
In the 5th paragraph it has "decimated information", but it should be disseminated information.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, that’s great customer service. Everyone Knows “that guy” that complains about every purchase, meal, flight, etc. etc. trying to get something free.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree Parker has been more than fair. However, it is unfortunate that their now public letter has an error - quality control again.
In the 5th paragraph it has "decimated information", but it should be disseminated information.
Actually, there were several misspellings. I took it as a clear sign this letter was personal and heart felt.

Mr Parker is an upstanding guy. I would strongly consider buying a boat from them.

(BTW - there is zero comparison between this situation and the way Yamaha customer service operates, unfortunately I know it first hand)

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The other way you could look at it, it's actually a letter from the owner, and not some counsel.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, but there is no timeline at ,all even estimated, and he boats year-round. It's not a panacea. If they made a time commitment and did something for me while no boat (Fishing trip with dealer, weekend boat?) I'd be on it, but turning boat over for however long they wish to keep it, without any commitment of time is not a reasonable solution either. He is not hurting for the boat, they could have offered to make a blue one and trade it for him so he can keep his while they make it. I understand where he is coming from, he wants a few things that are not unreasonable.

Boat Fixed
Little Time without boat
Compensation for mod time.

I think the relationship is soured already, but if they had understood what he wanted and what he could compromise with upfront, they could have handled it earlier. They offered him a "similar" boat, but dealer did not have identical. Why not offer to make the identical boat and swap it? If he was interested enough in looking at it, if it had been identical he might have taken it, so don't give him the excuse, make it identical. They did not do that.

Oh well. It is what it is, but it's not cut a dry to me. Taking the boat away for inordinate amount of time to fix it, with no compensation, is not making it right either.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is certainly extreme... but, isn't it still a warranty issue? Who has received a spare boat while warranty issues are resolved? I guess a car dealer would give you a rental (or your insurance would cover the cost of a rental).

I see the point about letting him keep the old one while they build a new one... but he hasn't even let them look at it, yet. Why would they agree to anything without the opportunity to inspect the boat themselves?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
True, which is why I cannot bring myself to buy a new house or new boat. Used for me, let someone else shake it out. Once they have your money everything seems like a favor. No thanks.

On your second observation, If they offered him a white one, they were ready to deal...

Again, not ideal for anyone involved, but Parker is not of the hook in my mind either.

Humble opinion, and I am a tough consumer, and greatly value my time and money.

(Pleasant conversation, no intention to stir any trouble, your points have merit too)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Humble opinion, and I am a tough consumer, and greatly value my time and money.
Thankfully, I've never been put in a position like this... but I admit I'm too easy going sometimes. I work with a guy that is quick to get on the server at lunch when they guarantee lunch to be served in 15 minutes and it comes out at 17, or if they add lettuce/tomato to his burger when he directed them not to... etc. He drives me crazy when he raises a fuss. But, he has also gotten quite a few free gift cards or other little things from companies by posting negative stuff on social media when they don't treat him the way he wants. Not sure it's my way... but that doesn't mean it is wrong, I guess. :)

This is quite a big different than dealing with issues at lunch, or trying to return a busted lawn mower to Amazon, though. Lol

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe he should change the tag line from “ built very strong “ to “ built very wrong “ .

Let alone the frustration, I won’t feel comfortable taking that boat in open water. God know what else they screwed up

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We can argue about who is being the bigger jack ass now, but it doesn’t change the fact Parker let that halfassed boat out their doors.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok, so has anyone measured their boat bulkheads and gunnels side to side?

Not trying to instigate anything, and clearly there is an issue with that guy’s boat, the crooked door would drive me crazy. For cosmetic reasons.

That being said, implying this is a safety issue is just a bit nutty.

Different topic all together but I found out the other day all new Toyota Land Cruisers with KDSS systems... lean, factory specs on that allow 1” tolerance. In other words a truck can lean as much as 1” (measured from the fender edge to the ground or wheel center) and still be within factory specs.
Just saying.