• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bad way to start your day

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Today at 5:45 am EDT, on I-26 just west of Columbia, SC 10 vehicles including a gasoline tanker carrying 8,500 gallons were in a wreck with a resulting massive fire. Luckily there has been no fatalities other that vehicles. The fire spread across the interstate and luckily the fire department responding in time so that the massive fireworks store did not catch fire, @Speedling thing of you.

The scary part is that prior to our office moving, if I was working day shift (today I'm off work), I would have been driving through that spot at 5:45 am (time of the accident).

Hoping everyone has a safe day today and every day in the future!

http://www.wistv.com/story/29165066...lons-catches-fire-on-i-26-in-10-vehicle-crash

7894138_G.jpg

7894501_G.jpg

7893648_G.jpg

7894012_G.jpg

I know where that part of town is. We used to live near there. :) Holy crap!!!

Yeah, good day to be off and not get stuck in the traffic either. Chances are that road is going to be messed up too from the heat.

I know where that part of town is. We used to live near there. :) Holy crap!!!

Yeah, good day to be off and not get stuck in the traffic either. Chances are that road is going to be messed up too from the heat.
They have already said they will have to repave/patch the east bound lanes, the asphalt melted and left good size holes.

WOW!!! Glad everyone is ok.

ouch... burns are the worst if thats how the few that got hurt were hurt. lots of burned up cars too.
we travel pretty close that way weekends from aiken, up to lake wateree...

whats your lake of choice? assume murray.

You are lucky! I hate to see anything like this. It happens so quick.

Chris K post: 100708 said:
ouch... burns are the worst if thats how the few that got hurt were hurt. lots of burned up cars too.

Yes Murray, we haven't been to Wateree in a long time.

Hoping any injuries are a result of the accident and not the fire, because like you said burns are extremely painful.

Glad no one was injured. :thumbsup:

I'm also glad the fireworks factory was spared. 4th of July is coming and I need my whisker biscuits, husker do's, husker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter sticks....

24b0273c4e84293ed507d3192ed5da3fe27817b20acb6e273c54a9cd997e6fd5.jpg

We frequented wateree when I was stationed at shaw in Sumter. The mil rec area is pretty nice there.

There have been two reports of semi's catching fire already this year that had fireworks in them. Imagine if the STORE was in the mix, OMG!
In all reality the way they make cakes and such now, the fire really has to be in there pretty good before anything will lite.
Buy yourself a small cake (the $3.99 will suffice) and notice how there is a big sticker or a plastic tube over the wick. Take your aim and flame and try to light the wick THROUGH it. It's not 100% but it's a whole heck of a lot better than it used to be!

I hate to see this stuff though. I mean, what now, gas prolly just jumped, DOT is gonna make more rules about everything and fireworks stores are now going to need to be all bunkers.
Crazy to see the cars melted too though. I wanna see the pavement melted!

That look intense but the everyone is missing the real question. Why are you out at 545 am on your day off??
I can't take credit for the pictures, I copied them from the local news website. I was up at 5:45 am on my day off, the wife gets up at 5:30 am for work and my 2 four-legged alarm clocks won't let me sleep in, they want to go for a walk right after the alarm clock goes off, but thankfully I was not on the road at the time of the accident. When I'm working day shift I'm up at 4:30 am and at work by 6 am, so getting up at 5:30 am feels like I'm sleeping in.

...I'm up at 4:30 am and at work by 6 am, so getting up at 5:30 am feels like I'm sleeping in.

Same here. Sometimes it's HARD to sleep past 5:00 (unless I was up late the night before).

I get up at 445 am 5 days a week now that i am not on a rotating schedule any more. But on the weekends (if we are not taking the boat out) i tell my 3 two legged kids and my other 4 legged kids to leave me alone!! lol I can normally make it till about 730.

Back