• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery powered and hard wired LED tow point mount

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes I started making a replacement bolt that had a threaded hole down the center but I didn't have too many takers. It was a easy swap and cost less than $25.
@jeremy0011 I'd be all over this! I didn't consider mounting on top of the tow point using the existing bolt. If going wireless I wouldn't need the hole in the middle. I figured just making some sort of Z shaped base that could squeeze between the tow point would be good - see horrible sketch. :)

I'd pay for whatever you come up (with light)!

Attachments

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sooo, very late to this , any chance you have any if these lights still? I have a 2011 242 limited s.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jeremy0011 I'd be all over this! I didn't consider mounting on top of the tow point using the existing bolt. If going wireless I wouldn't need the hole in the middle. I figured just making some sort of Z shaped base that could squeeze between the tow point would be good - see horrible sketch. :)

I'd pay for whatever you come up (with light)!
@jeremy0011 do you have that center bolt setup you mentioned for aftermarket tow points?

LKNHokie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks Jeremy! This is a fantastic solution. Easy ten minute install with a dead blow hammer!918708D7-5FC3-4998-95BE-A5F89B8BEE60.jpeg

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great product @jeremy0011. Easy installation. Looks great. No more pole.
IMG-20180518-WA0026.jpg

HappyGilmore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jeremy0011

I'm interested in the wireless option if you have any available. I have a 2011 242 Limited S. Thanks!

Josh Tankersley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure if you're still doing these, but do you have just an adapter available? I have the navisafe light already. Thanks!

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First off, I love Jeremy’s mod! But after just two seasons of light use, the Navisafe LED has failed. The switch won’t depress at all so the light won’t turn on. The Navisafe hasn’t been used more than 5 times and when not in use it’s been stored in a storage compartment (hot and humid but never wet).

Has anyone found an alternative to the Navisafe? Not looking to hardwire or replace the puck—just need a more reliable magnetic light.

Plan B would be to tear the Navisafe down to see if the switch can be replaced... any other ideas @jeremy0011 ?

Augusto David Rodriguez

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 212X 2012, Are you still sale this kit? I have Tower speakers and tower light bar, I wonder if battery kit will last or I should take the hazard and run or splice with the light bar courtesy light. Please let me know.
thanks, David

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 212X 2012, Are you still sale this kit? I have Tower speakers and tower light bar, I wonder if battery kit will last or I should take the hazard and run or splice with the light bar courtesy light. Please let me know.
thanks, David
I modified the exixting tow point screw with a drill and tap, I installed my tow point/MOB light easily. The batteries last a long time. This one, afixed with magnets can be used to mark position during a a MOB event, man over board, as it is quickly removed from it's mount and tossed overboard, it floats. My install here.

20180422_110844.jpg

Last edited:

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
thanks, David
Yes I have the kits in stock, I can PM you the details. I personally like having independent control over each LED. I ended up running a new wire for the tow point LED.

Jeremy

Kwood51

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just found this thread and am interested. I have a 2017 242x and despise the fold down pole light on top of the canopy. Would this adapter work for this style tower or would it not be tall enough?

austinrb1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m pmd the op awhile ago with no response. Hopefully he’s still available

Dustin1975

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I have the kits in stock, I can PM you the details. I personally like having independent control over each LED. I ended up running a new wire for the tow point LED.

Jeremy
If you have anymore in stock I would be happy to pay in advance

Dustin
2014 AR210

Huskrfn05

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jeremy
Was checking to see if you happen to have anymore kids? Thanks Justin

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see several members inquiring with no response in 4 months. Depending on how your tower tow point was built, there is another option that was very cheep for me to modify the existing tow point screw. I counter drilled and tapped the existing tow point screw to accept the mounting screw for the light's magnetic base. If you have or know somebody with a drill press, this is very easy to do. The light is battery powered, no wiring to hide, and can be taken from its magnetic base and thrown to mark position in case of a MOB event at night, it floats https://jetboaters.net/threads/tow-point-light-install.16227/#post-279641

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the same light, but did not put it on the tow point. I drilled and tapped a hole on the plate to the starboard side of the tow point. Nice and flat. Very easy. Screwed the base to that. Easy peasy.