• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Switch Issue, Help Needed!

gmcf2004

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a used 2017 AR210 with 120 hours on it. I am the 2nd owner. Since I have taken delivery, there is a low level, but very audible whirring/whistling sound when the battery switch is turned on. This concerned me from the start, but never having owned a Yamaha jet boat, I was not sure if this was normal or not. I keep the boat docked in the water during the week, connected to a solar marine battery charger, and drive up to our property on weekends to use it. For the first 3 weeks, the battery held a charge, despite the whirring/whistling and the bilge pump being left on while we were gone. This past weekend, the battery was completely dead when we arrived. I had to pull it and charge it. Everything in the boat is stock, no aftermarket stereo, speakers, etc. I tried to disconnect wiring harnessed for stereo, lights, and other electrical components to see if I could narrow down what is causing the sound. I could not figure it out. Is this noise normal? If not, has anyone else had this issue, or any ideas what might be causing it, and the battery draw?

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Is the sound coming from the helm? Did you find a remedy?

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@jcolo21 The sound is definitely coming from the helm's alarm buzzer, not the audio speakers. I have tracked the sound to buzzer and can even squeeze the buzzer and make the sound stop.

I have a used 2017 AR210 with 120 hours on it. I am the 2nd owner. Since I have taken delivery, there is a low level, but very audible whirring/whistling sound when the battery switch is turned on. This concerned me from the start, but never having owned a Yamaha jet boat, I was not sure if this was normal or not. I keep the boat docked in the water during the week, connected to a solar marine battery charger, and drive up to our property on weekends to use it. For the first 3 weeks, the battery held a charge, despite the whirring/whistling and the bilge pump being left on while we were gone. This past weekend, the battery was completely dead when we arrived. I had to pull it and charge it. Everything in the boat is stock, no aftermarket stereo, speakers, etc. I tried to disconnect wiring harnessed for stereo, lights, and other electrical components to see if I could narrow down what is causing the sound. I could not figure it out. Is this noise normal? If not, has anyone else had this issue, or any ideas what might be causing it, and the battery draw?
the sound is probably coming thru the speakers, check the radio/amp wiring

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, the OP hasn’t been around since June of 22.. so no telling what the outcome was at this point.

There is noting on your connext screen? What boat do you have? There is nothing in your signature.

tcallis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It's an 2017 AR210. I'll update my profile in a moment. I was hoping the OP might get an email notification and pop back on. The connext screen is fine. It seems that the Alarm - wire doesn't fully close, allowing some current to make the buzzer hum. I think this could be somewhere in the wiring harness like the connector or within the Connext unit itself.

If there's not a known fix, I think can smother the buzzer with tape or something to reduce the hum to an inaudible level, but the alarms from the buzzer will still be more than loud enough to hear.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
1-do not cover the buzzer / alarm with anything, it could get hot and start a fire. It would be better to just disconnect it and tape off the wires.

2-there has to be something causing current to flow through the alarm, but, perhaps the alarm itself is just bad? Those things are cheap, probably pick up a replacement at the local electronics shop. Might be a good idea to use a good multimeter to check if there is voltage coming to the alarm‘s hot wire.