• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bearing Buddy size

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I lost one of my bearings yesterday on the way to the lake, I did a search of the site looking for the bearing buddy size for a late model shore lander tandem axle trailer and couldn’t find any results for the exact size. I used an amazon link @Dixemon posted, and poking around on Amazon the size mentioned for “boat trailers“ is 1.980”

Battery is dead in my electronic caliper and I can’t find my non battery powered caliper, so thought I’d shoot up a flare and see if anyone knew the size I need.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I liked the trailer buddies on my MFI. They (blue indicators) let me know I had a heat issue caused by a stuck caliper. I used the bra's not the metal caps. Never saw water in the grease. A little grease on the hub or cap should keep out water.

This is an extra one I kept on hand. Kept it after selling the boat/trailer. Did not want to give the new owner too much free stuff.

20230503_084237.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I found out the the size / model for my 2020 shoreland’r trailer that has 2960# GWR axles.

IMG_3409.jpeg

I also found that the OEM rotor had a high spot on the outer edge for about 90° that was keeping the outboard pad from contacting 90% of the rotor. The inboard side was good. This will also push the pads out causing more stroke on each brake application

Last edited:
Update:

After my earlier escapade of losing a bearing buddy I had made two three hour round trips to a lake and back, 70mph on the interstate, 65mph on the state highways. Night before last I walked past my boat trailer and saw grease flung all over the drivers side front rim, yesterday I checked it out and found that bearing buddy had grease coming out around the interface between the bearing buddy and the hub, when I grabbed it, it was loose and was being held on by vacuum. I checked the rest, including the one I replaced which was fine, but on another I could see it was working itself loose and was in there catty wampus, the remaining one only took a light tap with my light dead blow to move it, so I replaced all three remaining ones that came with my boat. The interference fit of the new ones was dramatically tighter than the old ones which have been removed and replaced twice to check for water contamination, the one that had come loose this time had been R&R’d three times as I had to fix a grease seal there a while ago. I’m so glad I bought two sets when I replaced the first one that fell off.

I’ve come to the conclusion that bearing buddies are a single use item, maybe one removal and reinstall, maybe. Even though I was careful how I removed them the interference fit was greatly reduced after the initial install. So I’ll be buying a couple more sets to go on the shelf and I always carry a spare and a dead blow hammer now when I travel.

I used the bra's not the metal caps. Never saw water in the grease.
I replaced the plastic hub caps that came with my trailer with bearing buddy bras too. I had a heck of a time trying to pop the caps off to fill the bearings and had to pull the wheels off to get at the bearing grease zerk fittings. So I left the caps off and put on the bras instead. I would always have wet buddies as the caps were not a tight seal and let water in. But now with the bras my buddies are virtually dry.

Back