• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Been looking at Boats...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been too busy with work to pull the stbd MR1 engine on the ratty old 2004 AR210... Its already to pull out. just haven't had time... SO I've been looking at boats... LOL

gonna go look at a 2005 Pathfinder DV23 23'6" offshore Center console Saturday... got a great reputation down here and they are rare... all composite fiberglass and kevlar and the hulls were vacuum bagged... 20 degrees of deadrise at the stern... they built them from 2002-2009 and then built one custom boat in 2010 before the molds were cut up.

Taking the Denali HD and my checkbook :rolleyes: :eek: [flag]

this one was repowered in 2015 with a pair of the I-4 yamaha 200's and they have ~650 hours... comes with a 2015 float-on trailer... and $10K plus of dual 10" garmins and 1Kw sonars. I dont have all the details on the sound but it has 8" and coaxials and a 12" Sub... Very clean and charcoal grey....

corrected some of the details after spending a half day with the boat inspecting it and going over the paperwork...

Dont Worry Im keeping the AR210 for my flats/beer boat

Admiral Blond Beach Barbie says go get what you want... whatta gal!!!

Mark Hill.jpg

Last edited:
great looking boat, admiral approves go get it before she change her mind [flag]

great looking boat, admiral approves go get it before she change her mind [flag]
LOL she's had 47 years to change her mind... i think im safe...

OK so I bought the boat pending a good compression check... it is in fantastic shape... the trailer not so much... Was a FWC boat new in 2005... had a pair of HPDI's on it then was repowered with a pair of F200's in 2015 and sold at auction in 2016 with 300 hours on the engines... they now have 650 hours and look brand new... I'll take my compression checker backup now that serious... ths boat exceeded my expectations. It is not new however it is very nicely maintained. And it looks like the optional 190 gallon fuel tank was replaced with the base 110 gallon tank at some point... the boat has been completely rewired as FWC was not kind to the wiring when they removed their gear... and the t top was replaced as they hacked that up bit as well for the Blue Light Special. Dual touch screen 10" Garmin's on with a the 50/200 3D Chirp setup and the other with a 1KW deep water setup... Nice JBL Amp with NXT 8" mains and 12 inch Sub all the pumps and macerators work, lighting all good, new canvas, new cover, new ladder safety equip was all up tp date and all there... just a little trailer rash on the bottom paint... new upholstery the rest of the boat was clean and scratch free...

Short List of Squawks
No VHF radio - ill prolly just add a garmin 215 AIS/N2K
No AM/FM head unit - currently using a iPhone wireless charger bracket via bluetooth to the JBL Amp (I'll get a Fusion or a Wet Sounds NEMA2K unit and the XM antenna),
No Radar - I have a Spare Furuno 4Kw radome prolly just add a 7" Furuno 1871F display
No portapotty for blond beach barbie so ill get an new one
Missing a raw water wash down bulkhead stainless fitting
Needs new water jacket anodes on both engines

torsion axles on the aluminum float on-trailer are inop and need replaced in order to trailer anywhere besides inside the marina storage yard

should have the axles and compression test sorted out in the next week or so and drag the hole in the water home to the keys...

lol the AR210 feeling a little neglected... and I have a wholesale offer on the seadoo sportster if i don't get any retail takers on it by June...

status updates... been running the seadoo for the last few weeks... Now its SOLD ?

dragged the 2300 DV home, Washed and bottom painted,

Short List of Squawks on the Pathfinder
No VHF radio - ill prolly just add a garmin 215 AIS/N2K installing Garmin 115 + N2K Drop
No AM/FM head unit - currently using a iPhone wireless charger bracket via bluetooth to the JBL Amp (I'll get a Fusion or a Wet Sounds NEMA2K unit and the XM antenna) installing a Fusion RA70NSX NMEA 2K Stereo
No Radar - I have a Spare Furuno 4Kw radome installing a 7" Furuno 1871F display
No portapotty for blond beach barbie so ill get an new one Not required what a gal...
Missing a raw water wash down bulkhead stainless fitting new fitting installed
Needs new water jacket anodes on both engines ordered all anodes internal and external
Lenco trim tabs inop - currently installing new actuators and tabs
replaced the aft yamaha connect bus Hub for an intermittent problem - all resolved

should splash this week then get back to stbd engine on in the AR210... for memorial day

gonna end up with the 2005 AR210 MR-1 for my flats/backwater/rafting boat and the 2005 2300DV for offshore... it has long legs with a 190 gal tank and a 30-40 MPH cruise and 60+ MPH top end (old FWC boat) nice shape for 17-18 years old...

attachment (110).jpgattachment (111).jpgattachment (112).jpgattachment (113).jpgattachment (114).jpgattachment (115).jpgattachment (116).jpg

190 gallon looks like it can take you to dry tortugas and back?

yea if im not in a BIG hurry.. :winkingthumbsup"

That wiring under the cc looks great!

At 3 mpg that’s 513 miles with a 10% reserve ..

ok don't let the outboard crowd fool ya, getting the engine rigging right and getting the right props on an outboard boat is a bit of work...

and have you bought a pair Yamaha Reliance SDS stainless props lately? $800-1000 a pair used... I need to raise my engines on the transom and the 14.25x 17P props are to short. Im gonna try some 13.75 x 19P's with a little more cup today and see... the general consensus is to raise the engines 2 holes and try the 19's however the prop guy in Marathon says that I'll likely end up at 13.75 x 21P...

:banghead: :banghead:

ok don't let the outboard crowd fool ya, getting the engine rigging right and getting the right props on an outboard boat is a bit of work...

and have you bought a pair Yamaha Reliance SDS stainless props lately? $800-1000 a pair used... I need to raise my engines on the transom and the 14.25x 17P props are to short. Im gonna try some 13.75 x 19P's with a little more cup today and see... the general consensus is to raise the engines 2 holes and try the 19's however the prop guy in Marathon says that I'll likely end up at 13.75 x 21P...

:banghead: :banghead:

Yeah, but once you get them sorted it will be sweet!

ok 2" (17"=>19") of pitch brought the RPMs down exactly 400 rpms... exactly what it was supposed to... went from 49MPH at 6200 to 47 MPH 5800 at WOT but picked up speed and economy in the midrange... it appears that I have to raise the engines up some and the transom doesn't seem to allow it... so a pair of Seastar Hydraulic Jack plates (might go manual) will get the engines higher and pick up 3-4 MPH (less drag) my anti cav plate is too deep and bring my rpms back up to a even 6000 at WOT, these 19's have been balanced blueprinted and the tips recupped a little more. They eliminated all the vibration in the 17's

Was re reading this thread… so the boat does have the 190 gallon tank and not the 110?
What is a FWC boat?
How did you know the engines are too low?
Sharrow props not in the budget or desirable ?

it has the 190 as 100 gallon brought it to 3/4 tank and it had 48 on board...

yes still has the FWC Asset tags on engines hull and trailer... Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (game wardens)

the anti cavitation plate is under water still when trimmed up at cruise and following the yamaha engine rigging manual the engines are ~2" too low,

I talked to sharrow 25% of what I paid for the boat is a little steep... i haven't ran the ROI numbers yet, and I wanna get optimized with standard props before plunk down a bag of gold on props...

i may have to use jack plates with a 4" set back or brackets with a 3" set back due to the structure of the transom and stringers... still in analysis phase...

it has the 190 as 100 gallon brought it to 3/4 tank and it had 48 on board...

yes still has the FWC Asset tags on engines hull and trailer... Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (game wardens)

the anti cavitation plate is under water still when trimmed up at cruise and following the yamaha engine rigging manual the engines are ~2" too low,

I talked to sharrow 25% of what I paid for the boat is a little steep... i haven't ran the ROI numbers yet, and I wanna get optimized with standard props before plunk down a bag of gold on props...

i may have to use jack plates with a 4" set back or brackets with a 3" set back due to the structure of the transom and stringers... still in analysis phase...

I see, thanks for the explanation! I’m still learning about boats, and it seems I learn something new everyday. I keep looking at boats like yours, twin engined CC’s, as I may move onto that type of boat in the future, not near future, but one day perhaps, I’ve got way too much sweat equity in my boat, and I like it a lot !

The height of the cavitation plate makes sense, especially when I think about the video’s I’ve seen. I have done some research on brackets and jack plates, brackets offer some great enhancements.

Yep the Sharrow’s are a grip for sure. I’m helping a friend of mine out with a boat restoration and then probably a re power to a single Yamaha 250 outboard with the helm master system. My friend and I will put a Sharrow on the 250 for sure, our goal with the sharrow is economy but only in terms of range, typical range increase is 30-40% with the sharrow. You have a large fuel capacity and I’m sure once you get your props dialed in you will probably be in the mid 2’s to low 3’s.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out, and see If your prop guy was correct that you will end up with a 21” pitch.

How goes the DV 2300?

running great... will install the seastar jack plates when i pull it out of the water for 700Hr service in 39 hours. working on installing all the other electronics however i've been using it quite a bit...

Back