• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Benefits of Living in Florida (Destin)

You know all the times I have driven across that bridge, I have never actually boated there. We should try to have a get together at Crab Island this summer. What a cool spot!

Hopefully y'all can try one before @Wayloncle leaves. Waylon and @Big Shasta talked about trying a run over last summer, but it didn't work out. You already know where I'll be.

Lets make it happen.

May or early June would be great for me.
I'd love to make that trip before I leave the end of June.
I just remembered, we are camping close to there 29-30 May, have reservations anyway.

Wow, I just now looked where I have reservations, it's right across from Crab Island! We are meeting some friends there and I didn't pay attention or even look at exactly where it was until now.
image.jpg

May or early June would be great for me.
I'd love to make that trip before I leave the end of June.
I just remembered, we are camping close to there 29-30 May, have reservations anyway.

Wow, I just now looked where I have reservations, it's right across from Crab Island! We are meeting some friends there and I didn't pay attention or even look at exactly where it was until now.
View attachment 20385

That's probably the Army Rec Center on Calhoun, right? They have RV's and people there all the time. I know they rent pontoon boats. Not sure if there is a boat ramp there or not, but just around the corner is Joe's Bayou Boat Ramp. That's where I launch my boat. And that's where you could launch yours if you bring it.

That's probably the Army Rec Center on Calhoun, right? They have RV's and people there all the time. I know they rent pontoon boats. Not sure if there is a boat ramp there or not, but just around the corner is Joe's Bayou Boat Ramp. That's where I launch my boat. And that's where you could launch yours if you bring it.
Yeah it's the Fort Benning Rec area, I have a RV spot reserved, our friends are staying in a cabin or room there. They do have a boat ramp and such, hopefully they have slips so I can leave it in the water over night. I don't know why I've never looked into this before, they have a lot to offer in a great location.

Yeah it's the Fort Benning Rec area, I have a RV spot reserved, our friends are staying in a cabin or room there. They do have a boat ramp and such, hopefully they have slips so I can leave it in the water over night. I don't know why I've never looked into this before, they have a lot to offer in a great location.

Yeah, that's a prime spot. Good sunsets too. You can walk a bit out in waste deep water and fish too.

Oh! And forgot to mention this earlier. During the summer there are fireworks every Thursday Night about 830pm. They are put on by Emerald Grande and the fireworks are launched from a small barge in the Pass (south of the Destin Bridge). They are only 5-10 minutes long, but still cool to watch from the boat.

@Wayloncle I have a placed reserved there for Labor Day. It looks super nice. I am always down for a meet up, just let me know!

image.jpg Every time we launch we head towards crab Island first...hang there for couple hours or all day depending how we feel...then we head back and hit a restaurant on the water...then we hit all the little islands in the bay..

I need a galvanized trailer!!!

Only second time out this season so far and just wanted to share a few more pics. Then I'll stop, haha.

But met up with @Albysure and another buddy SeaDoo Jetboater (Zack). We headed out into the Gulf of Mexico through the East Pass. Saw a large hammerhead shark, dolphins, and school of tarpon. Got good GoPro video. So here are the screen shots.

But the key is after the shark sightings, Zack was on high alert....but he let his feet dangle over the back of his boat. You can see where I'm going with this. See pics below. Albysure and I still went snorkeling and had no issue. I got Albysure too, but I'm having video playback issues with the laptop.

@Helipilot11 your playground awaits you.

Here we are headed through the East Pass. Albysure in the blue and white and Zack in the orange and white.

GOPR8894.JPG

Anchored in the Gulf of Mexico about to snorkel.

Gulf Pic.jpg

Outside the East Pass into the Gulf of Mexico, looking north toward Destin.

GOPR8866.JPG GOPR8871.JPG

Bakc of boat.jpg

Hammerhead just a couple hundred yards away from where I snorkel all the time. Saw him earlier.

Hammerhead.jpg

Zack on high alert, but leaving his feet dangling over the back of his boat. So naturally, I took full advantage.

Zack Feet.jpg

Moving in for the "bite." That's my hand to the left.

Zack Bite.jpg

and his LIGHTNING Cat like reflexes.

Zack jumping.jpg

Can't wait. The boat took her last dip in lake water yesterday. I have to get her prepared for salt water!

Yeah, saltwater is a little different in the "taking care" process, but not a huge deal. Just good rinsing with soap and water and lots of T-9 or Yamalube and some Salt Away. Well worth it.

I need a galvanized trailer!!!
Or an aluminum would be even better. I keep telling myself whenever my painted trailer is past it's prime that an aluminum rig is on the shopping list. I'd be more inclined to some saltwater adventures if that were the case.

Now I know why they added the dislike button. It looks amazing down there! Can't wait till next summer. Wife and I are planning on big cross country road trip for next year's Bimini trip.

Back