• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best replacement batteries?

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
2022 252SD
Last 2 trips out my engines were very slow to turn over, and on my recent trip this weekend I got the battery alarm. I saw my "house" battery was around 10.x volts at idle and "start" was high 11.x volts. These are the originals installed by dealer in Spring of 2022. I keep them on a NOCO, but given our Texas heat it's time to replace them. Way cheaper than a tow.
That said, it looks like my dealer installed two cranking batteries. Although they have a different looking label they have the same specs on the Interstate site. The questions I have is should have one cranking and one deep-cycle (house)? Are there comparable AGM batteries that folks here have used?
Thank you!

Attachments

• 20240915_132930.jpg
    20240915_132930.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240915_132900.jpg
    20240915_132900.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240915_132827.jpg
    20240915_132827.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 3
That's funny they gave you two different starting batteries... that's probably why the "house" is dead. House battery should be a deep cycle - I would go with a "dual-purpose" deep cycle that also has enough cranking amps to turn over the engines should the starting battery die. If you are running the radio while sitting with engines off that will kill a "starting" type battery because they aren't meant for that - deep cycles are. My starting battery has 1000CCA and my house has 800CCA.

I’ve been using an Interstate group 24 AGM dual purpose battery (24M-AGM-A battery | Interstate Batteries) for my start battery for a couple of years and it has been working just fine. I have a LFP house battery which you may or may not want to delve into that.

The fact you’ve gone two years on a couple of start batteries tells me you’d probably be fine with a group 24 deep cycle or dual purpose battery for the house battery. So two of those batteries mentioned above might be the ticket

If you want to stay with flooded lead acid and keep the price down you could go with these batteries.

Start:

House:

Sam’s Club also has Duracell marine cranking and deep cycle batteries ( Duracell Marine Starting Battery, Group size 24 - Sam's Club ) that are less money than the interstate batteries listed above. Since the Texas heat may destroy batteries after two years then perhaps just replacing batteries every other year might be a maintenance item.

Which NOCO charger do you have?

Back