• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge light on but won’t run

Thorn1je

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hello- needing help! I have a 2015 Yamaha 192ar that got left outside in a huge rain without the cover and until then the bilge was working fine and now this morning when I need to get water out of it, it won’t work. The light comes on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello- needing help! I have a 2015 Yamaha 192ar that got left outside in a huge rain without the cover and until then the bilge was working fine and now this morning when I need to get water out of it, it won’t work. The light comes on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
That age....it's likely clogged or dead. They're inexpensive at the dealer, or through other vendors. Relatively easy to replace as well.

Lots of info form my bilge pump journey in this thread. I have a '17 AR190. I think it's the same as yours.

jeffrt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should be able to unsnap the pump from the base to see if something has jammed it. If it's all clear, then I'd verify you haven't popped a fuse.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do I see if I popped a fuse? I cleaned filter and put it back in the base and nothing.
Circuit breaker is right under the switch on the dash. Push it in. If it clicks, then it was "tripped" if it does nothing, then it was not "tripped".

Likely a dead pump if it doesn't spin for a few seconds as soon as you flip the switch on.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you have a multimeter you can check for electricity at the plug ?
you could disconnect the pump and check it direct to the battery with two spare pieces of wire

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Circuit breaker is right under the switch on the dash. Push it in. If it clicks, then it was "tripped" if it does nothing, then it was not "tripped".

Likely a dead pump if it doesn't spin for a few seconds as soon as you flip the switch on.
I dont think the light will come on if the breaker is tripped?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length