• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2022

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We stayed in on S. Bimini with @Valerie and the bugs are terrible from dusk-dawn but in the daytime they were non-existent. We got off the ferry at just about dusk one night coming back from the North island and ended up running back to our condo at Bimini Cove because were being eaten alive. Take LOTS of different bug sprays and when you think you have enough, pack more.

This was my ankle after loading the boat early morning when we left.

View attachment 169585

I can almost feel those little BASS-TURDS biting now...

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can almost feel those little BASS-TURDS biting now...
I'm just glad we're not night owls and were inside most of the time that the bugs were out. The next time we go the kids will be older and we'll hopefully get out in the evenings more.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I'm just glad we're not night owls and were inside most of the time that the bugs were out. The next time we go the kids will be older and we'll hopefully get out in the evenings more.
Lol
Yeah, you better enjoy the company of your housemates A LOT! unfortunately we had a “Murphy’s law” trip this last year and spent waayyy more time then anticipated in the condo…..the last night (during the first night of lockdown) one of our room mates was howling at the moon……@svana can attest to this :D:p

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol
Yeah, you better enjoy the company of your housemates A LOT! unfortunately we had a “Murphy’s law” trip this last year and spent waayyy more time then anticipated in the condo…..the last night (during the first night of lockdown) one of our room mates was howling at the moon……@svana can attest to this :D:p
That the same night we had Tyson climb across the railings to unlock our condo? Lol

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
one of our kids is allergic to mosquito bites. I can happily report that after bathing them in deed and kept them in the room during night time, they had zero bites. The adults on the other hand is was TERRIBLE. my wife had scars for over 3 months. Next she is being bathed on deed too and avoid sunsets LOL

Papa Erp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I are going back to Bimini in a couple weeks. We miss that place and wanted to see what's it like this time of year. I'm still on the hunt for a new boat so we'll spend most of our time exploring the island on golf cart this time. If I can get another boat soon then we'll lock down some dates with others in the group. FYI - last summer we stayed at RW by the Hilton and had NO bugs.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Though it is not creating possibilities for this year, I have finally been able to secure a new job in GA!
I will be moving in March, and the rest of the family in May (unless the house sells before that).

Which means we will want to go in 2023. Likely not Bimini, or not just Bimini.
At this moment I'm thinking either back to Abacos, or some sort of x days Bimini and x days Port Lucaya circle. Still plenty of time to plan!

NorgaR01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are planning to do the Bimini crossing this year with the group. Our last crossing was in 2017 and by this time we had dates in the books. I was wondering if anyone knows the dates the main group will be crossing this year? I’ve noticed additional threads with the dates of June 19-26. This is such a wonderful experience and can’t wait to go again.

Last edited:

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think we had 7 21 footers and 2 19 footers last year...it's possible but weather is even more important in a smaller boat
How did those 19 footers do on the crossing? I would love to do it but have held off due to boat size and single engine...

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We are planning to do the Bimini crossing this year with the group. Our last crossing was in 2017 and by this time we had dates in the books. I was wondering if anyone knows the dates the main group will be crossing this year? I’ve noticed additional threads with the dates of June 19-26. This is such a wonderful experience and can’t wait to go again.
Hello fellow boater, I don’t know if there is a main group this year but I’m crossing June 19 coming back June 26 we have 3-4 boats in our group so far. All my itinerary of events is in a thread for the dates I have chosen someone in our group put it together very organized. 👍

KWB5205

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just wanted to give you a update.
I copied and pasted the info that I have put together a couple weeks ago so if you want to join in on this year’s crossing these are my plans 👍

I just Finalized all my booking for this trip today. My target day to cross is June 19 if weather permits.
When I arrive in Ft Lauderdale depending on time of arrival I will park my truck and trailer and launch out of Harbour Towne Marina 801 NE 3rd St, Dania Beach, FL 33004 Ph# 954-926-0300 I called them today and parking is first come first serve so arrive early in the day. They are open 24hrs and have 24hr security so depending when I arrive it wont be a issue to park or launch, but on non normal business hours they will only accept cash to park/launch. The Hotel I will be staying at is the Hilton 1881 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 Ph# 954-463-4000 I will check inn on June 17 sometime.
They have a marina with slips at the Hilton available but only let you book 45-30 days out because they are remodeling the docks. The Hilton and marina where I'm launching are 12 min car ride and about a 30-45min boat ride because of no wake zones. Hopefully cross on June 19th weather permitting hence I booked through June 20th just in case if weather doesn't cooperate and can always cancel dates as needed.
I'm staying at a VRBO my wife and I booked a few days ago on the south island in Port Royal they have canals that VRBOs are directly on for easy boat access. We are hoping to get a week in Bimini but that again is weather permitting so it might be cut short by the crossing to and from. My VRBO dates are June 19 through June 26.
If anyone wants to meet up with our group to cross and enjoy boating in Bimini feel free to join us. These are just my plans as far as the Hotel and marina to launch out of and its what I've researched other fellow boaters have used in the past.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How did those 19 footers do on the crossing? I would love to do it but have held off due to boat size and single engine...
Last year was pretty crazy. We had a few cross and made it. Im sure it was a roller coaster of a ride and I they had to refuel it remember right. But its definitely doable. Hell @Valerie and her crew of jetskis took that butt whooping and made it across.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Super late but finally got this guy up from last year. Well see if we add one from this year. 3C554309-59E1-41EE-B92D-2E9FB31A120D.jpeg

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There was one 19' Scarab in our group last year. We crossed on June 26th and it was rough, 2.5ft, <4 sec, 10-12 knots headwind, and he made it. That was my first time, I would probably not cross again in those conditions.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There was one 19' Scarab in our group last year. We crossed on June 26th and it was rough, 2.5ft, <4 sec, 10-12 knots headwind, and he made it. That was my first time, I would probably not cross again in those conditions.
Good to know! So for me it’s either keep waiting it out for perfect weather or buy a bigger boat :)

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there an "official" trip this year? I know @Nexus and I are planning to head over Aug 2-9.