• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2022

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy hell, $450 for 2 days.
Nothing is cheap over there, you just have to look around for the best deal you can find and decide if that is what you truly want. It was no where near that much for an additional 2 days at Bimini Cove but we were on the South island and the bugs were terrible there at dusk & dawn this last season. For me that was fine because with the kids we were typically in the condo at those times.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm planning a trip for July 30 - Aug 6, 2022. Little riskier on hurricane season but that's the only time all of our group could make it work. Already have two beachfront units at Bimini Cove reserved through AirBNB. We've got 3 couples going, no kids.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Nothing is cheap over there, you just have to look around for the best deal you can find and decide if that is what you truly want. It was no where near that much for an additional 2 days at Bimini Cove but we were on the South island and the bugs were terrible there at dusk & dawn this last season. For me that was fine because with the kids we were typically in the condo at those times.
I always get an Airbnb with a dock 2 bedrooms 2 bath full kitchen $1700 for a full week. Always wanted to try the Hilton, loved it luckily my upgraded room was free.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We went for the first time in 2021 with the group. Really did like the easy in/out from the Sands however as mentioned previously the bugs were REALLY bad walking to/from dinner/bars. The power went out the night before we left but came back on within a few hours - apparently this happens quite often so just be prepared. Always have freezer stocked with ice to keep things frozen.

We are debating to stay on the North island this time - mainly because it seems that is where more of the activity is. More restaurants, nightlife, etc. but definitely more costly than at the Sands. We brought enough groceries for the week but would probably like to try and eat out a bit more next time.

I agree with @Babin Farms regarding the group size. 4-6 is the sweet spot, anything over that becomes too difficult to keep track of everyone. We ended up basically alone on our way over because there were no true "leaders" for each group, I think everyone in our group were first-timers which did not work well. The crossing over was horrible weather and luckily we could keep speed up enough to just be able to see the group ahead and we had all of our own safety gear/radios/epirb/etc. so I wasn't too nervous even if we did end up alone at some point.

Anyone who is looking to go for the first time I strongly suggest you go back and read the bimini prep thread and make sure you have all the required gear before attempting this trip. Fuel tanks were the last thing I bought and thank god we did because we used 62 gallons to make it over (I had 20 extra on the swim platform.) but only 32 on the way back.

We are absolutely looking to go back in 2022 but I will be building in more of a cushion on both sides so I can cherry pick which day I cross on vs heading over in less than ideal conditions like we did this year. Surprisingly, almost everyone who left the hotel made it over. I think only 2 or 3 boats turned back and 1 of them was because they lost communication with their group otherwise they probably would have made it.

Jlgonzalez99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Curious on when people are planning on going next year? Heard a couple peeps mention but their isn’t a thread dedicated to 2022.

Also, does anyone own property in the Bahamas? I was looking at a couple places in Bimini. Freeport has some places on the canal too that seems like they’re priced pretty low since they’re still recovering. But it doesn’t seem like people make trips to Grand Bahama or am I wrong? I have a few questions for someone that wouldn’t mind sharing their experience purchasing land.
Looking to go in spring if we can organize a group.

Jlgonzalez99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I'm thinking of doing a crossing for spring break next year or summer. But I'm reading the east winds die down around June July timeframe so I may just target the summer instead. I'm planning to say at the Hilton Resort there. It'll be my first time doing the crossing.
Let's try to organize a group

Jlgonzalez99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Curious on when people are planning on going next year? Heard a couple peeps mention but their isn’t a thread dedicated to 2022.

Also, does anyone own property in the Bahamas? I was looking at a couple places in Bimini. Freeport has some places on the canal too that seems like they’re priced pretty low since they’re still recovering. But it doesn’t seem like people make trips to Grand Bahama or am I wrong? I have a few questions for someone that wouldn’t mind sharing their experience purchasing land.
I am very interested in joining a group for crossing.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are debating to stay on the North island this time - mainly because it seems that is where more of the activity is. More restaurants, nightlife, etc. but definitely more costly than at the Sands. We brought enough groceries for the week but would probably like to try and eat out a bit more next time.
Same. This was our first time, we stayed at the sands, but everybody in our group agreed that the north island will be the way to go next time. Mosquitos were unbearable, and the facilities were just not as nice. For some folks that's not a priority of course, but different strokes and all... We went as a group of 4 (kidless) buddies, so the idea of going down to the bar at night once we got back would've been nice. We found ourselves going over a couple nights and was definitely more enjoyable for us. It definitely would be more expensive, but worth it IMO. We'd also consider renting one of the bigger houses on the north island and sharing, who knows. The first time going is definitely a learning experience to let you know what you do and don't prioritize/want/need/do. All that being said we had a great time, but I'm sure the next time will be even more fun once we apply what we learned.

Chris Hatton

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
PWC
I'm in for a 2022 crossing trip. Will be taking a 2021 Sea Doo and I'm only willing to cross with a group.

Are there other ways to get in on one of these trips. Are their professional guides? Just beginning research phase.

LucasHose

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
New to the forum so hello! I can't stop watching Bimini crossing videos on the tube. Me and my lady would love to join a group of boats going over. I heard June or July are fair weather Month?

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New to the forum so hello! I can't stop watching Bimini crossing videos on the tube. Me and my lady would love to join a group of boats going over. I heard June or July are fair weather Month?
In June the winter winds (northerly) have shifted to predominantly southeast which is much more favorable. It is also too early in the year to have hurricanes. Mid July and later you have a good chance of hurricane impact.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 2021 Bimini trip (our first) was an AMAZING experience...so much so that I don't have much interest in going out on our local lakes here in TN anymore, lol!!! Looking at all our salt water experiences over the past few years from Bimini, the Keys, Orange Beach, North Captiva, Destin, BVI, etc. we have been SPOILED and can no longer handle the a-hole filled crowded lakes who don't have a clue about seamanship. I have been secretly looking at used center console boats, please don't tell my wife.DJI_0045.JPG

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 2021 Bimini trip (our first) was an AMAZING experience...so much so that I don't have much interest in going out on our local lakes here in TN anymore, lol!!! Looking at all our salt water experiences over the past few years from Bimini, the Keys, Orange Beach, North Captiva, Destin, BVI, etc. we have been SPOILED and can no longer handle the a-hole filled crowded lakes who don't have a clue about seamanship. I have been secretly looking at used center console boats, please don't tell my wife.View attachment 165621
Shots like that drive home what its like to have YOUR boat on crystal clear island waters.....

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 2021 Bimini trip (our first) was an AMAZING experience...so much so that I don't have much interest in going out on our local lakes here in TN anymore, lol!!! Looking at all our salt water experiences over the past few years from Bimini, the Keys, Orange Beach, North Captiva, Destin, BVI, etc. we have been SPOILED and can no longer handle the a-hole filled crowded lakes who don't have a clue about seamanship. I have been secretly looking at used center console boats, please don't tell my wife.View attachment 165621
You poor thing! I’ve only had mine in scummy river water