• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat is at the dealership as of this morning!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As DevilDog mentioned - the freeboard is considerably lower on the Axis. And the bow is low as well. If you're boating in big water, that is something to take into consideration. If you like the wakeboat look and feel and gizmos, then I'd suggest a Moomba Mojo or a barely used/demo MasterCraft X25 ($90k new). The X25 was built on MasterCraft's offshore hull and it is the smoothest wakeboat I've ever been on.

Another boat manufacturer you mentioned was Bryant. Beautiful boats - the 233X is gorgeous. When I bought mine, it came down to the Bryant 233x or my 212x - they were roughly the same price. That's the 1 that had me second guessing my decision. But once I got out on my 212 - I knew I made the right choice.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Axis boats are nice - they're basically a Malibu without all the touch screens and other fluffy stuff. As for "budget" wake boats - I'd prefer the Moomba Mojo (which are built by Supra) or the Ski Supreme. I'm not a big fan of BU's - I've been in MANY of them, and they ride really rough. ROUGH is an understatement. My buddy has a BU 22MXZ - $85k boat - and the kids in the tube have a softer ride. This is due to their hull design and the flat transom.

But it really comes down to what you want to do with a boat. If your primary concern is wakeboarding or wakesurfing - then absolutely get the Axis. No Yamaha, no matter what they do, will create the wake of a dedicated wake boat. That is there sole purpose - that is what they were specifically designed to do. If your boating shallow waters - then keep in mind wake boats need 36" (less, but better to be safe). They don't have a shallow draft like a Yamaha, nor can they trim up like an I/O. But they sure are pretty. If speed is your game - then forget it - wakeboats can't break 45.

But if your looking for a boat to cruise around, tube, wakeboard, do a little surfing - with little maintenance - an all around do it all boat - not great at specifically 1 thing, but really good at doing a little of everything really well - then Yamaha will be the boat for you.

You just covered most of the reasons I bought a Yamaha. Kids are too young to wakeboard (daughter 9 and not nearly enough upper body strength to wake board yet, son is 7, has the upper body strength already and will probably want to start learning to ski / wakeboard this Summer) so although I don't "need" a wake boat yet I expect that will only be a few years off. I'll enjoy the Yamaha for now and cross that bridge when I get there.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's great seeing everyone discussing BOATS once again .......... instead of the crappy weather !
Yet ... here we are discussing wake boats, it's almost APRIL, and it SNOWED briefly in Georgia yesterday - and I don't mean just the mountain areas ..... North Atlanta !
WOW ! A REAL "Spring" can't come soon enough for me !
Hey ! Y'all have a GREAT Wednesday ! Mikey Lulejian, on a cold Lake Oconee, GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well ........ I just learned where Englewood, TN is located !
We are most likely not going to be all THAT far away from you this weekend.
Taking a really close friend up to my SeaDoo buddy's dealership in Winchester, TN to pick-up a couple of top-notch IBR KILLER 'skiis !
Just wish it was gonna be a "little" warmer ....... LOL !
So ......... Where do you 'boat' if you live in Englewood ?

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well ........ I just learned where Englewood, TN is located !
We are most likely not going to be all THAT far away from you this weekend.
Taking a really close friend up to my SeaDoo buddy's dealership in Winchester, TN to pick-up a couple of top-notch IBR KILLER 'skiis !
Just wish it was gonna be a "little" warmer ....... LOL !
So ......... Where do you 'boat' if you live in Englewood ?
Tellico Lake (where the Yamahas are made, along with Mastercraft, Malibu, Axis, and Sea Ray)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You have no idea. I'm like a kid at Christmas. LOL
At least now you can go see and sit on it during visiting / business hours. I wouldn't go while they are doing the work, especially if it involves drilling. That could be traumatic for a first time boat owner.