• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bouncy Shoreland'r Trailer? Carlisle Stands Behind Their Product

That would be great to know. I think the trailer serves its purpose just fine. We don't know if it's a defect in matching the trailer, the design or, more simply, just a poor wheelwell design. My 2004 Crownline had an eagle trailer with full metal fenders you could walk across...great trailer. Maybe they didn't match the quality of the trailer with that of the boat. Regardless, this fender issue needs resolve. Great forum and support here guys, much appreciated.

I was contacted earlier today by my warranty claim adjuster with Carlsgroup regarding my claim dated 9-12-16. I had been calling them each Monday since to get updated on the status of my claim. The last two Mondays the answer had been she was awaiting supervisor instructions on what to do next? Today the young lady called me to say that a meeting was taking place today between management at Carlsgroup and Shorelander on how to handle this situation going forward. She promised me a call back once something came out of that meeting. I am not optimistic but made it clear on the phone I understood this was a big issue and that 5-6 members of the on-line forum I participated in had already received their replacement radials. Some had even received them mounted and balanced on replacement wheels. This thing must be really snowballing on them ?

I had emailed my claim adjuster with Carlsgroup yesterday but have not received a response from my email as of yet to the status of my claim. I agree with WildCatFan54 this is a much larger issue than they were expecting. I hope they continue to do the right thing and replace all these tires.

I imagine that Carlsgroup is getting pretty tired of shouldering the financial load of sending out all these tires free of charge? A couple things could come out of this meeting. They may be asking Shorelander for some financial assistance OR they both may tell us all to to go to Hell? I will keep you advised of my next update.

Yes, please update as you hear more. It may also be part Shorlander's responsibility to come up with a proper fender support that doesn't keep breaking...we can hope and be vocal until we here "no" right!

I think that it's a good thing that Carlisle is talking to Shoreland'r. It's impressive that Carlisle has done as much as they have in working directly with us.

Totally agree with you MrMoose. I would have thought that Shorelander was the most culpable from the beginning ? Happy for you that Carlisle made it right and thanks for pointing the rest of us in the right direction.

Update:

I was excited two weeks ago that 5 tires showed up. I didn't look at the part number and upon arriving at the tire store to have my new radials mounted, I was disappointed when the tire tech pointed out that my "new" tires were bias ply's. Of course the Carlisle customer service rep that I have been dealing with was on vacation until today, and an attempt to get the radials shipped by another service rep was pointless. I called this morning and spoke with my service rep and after a five minute on-hold she informed me that her manager approved my replacement radials. You can bet that I will be checking the part number more carefully when (if) these arrive. The rep mentioned that there have been meetings between Carlisle and Shoreland'r and that everyone was pointing fingers at everyone else. We all know the runaround by now. I feel that Carlisle has really stepped up to the plate for something that is not their vault. If only Shoreland'r and Yamaha would do the same! I am cautiously optimistic that the radials will "solve" the issue. I believe that the fender bracket is grossly under engineered for any tire. I am disappointed that Yamaha has gone the cheap route on virtually everything that they have specified for these boats. None of us should be spending this kind of time and expense on these issues. Didn't we buy these boats to go have fun on the water? If/when I receive the replacement radials and have road tested them I will post another update. Good luck to everyone fighting this battle. Don't give up!

Anyone hearing anything new ralegarding a permanent fix? My fender parts will be here this week and I have 5 new tires in the garage but don't want to haul my boat all over the state if it's going to continue happening. The tires are a must. Would a stronger fender support solve this problem or is it a poor design that needs to be addressed? I wonder if we were to take our trailers to a machine shop and have them fitted with thicker supports if it would be covered under "warranty" work.

I gor my new fender this weekend but I haven't installed it yet. I won't know for sure until I do but I think the support is a lot thicker on this new one.

That would be great news and an upgrade. Please let us know if it is!

I had emailed my claim adjuster with Carlsgroup yesterday but have not received a response from my email as of yet to the status of my claim. I agree with WildCatFan54 this is a much larger issue than they were expecting. I hope they continue to do the right thing and replace all these tires.

Well after speaking highly of Carlsgroup customer service I am unable to get them to return my email inquiries about my claim status now. I sent a 2nd claim status update email request to my claim representative on Friday afternoon and received confirmation she read my email. As of today I still have not received a response about my claim and am wondering if anyone else has any updated info on their claim and what representatives are telling you about tire replacement.

With all of my dealings with Carlisle, not one email or phone call was returned. The only way I got results was to call the customer rep directly. Keep on them. Good luck to all!

I had a very nice rep named Brenda. She took care of everything. All I had to do was send pics and a description. She filled out and sent the claim over, I never filled anything out. She replied to my email and sent me one the following day saying the tires were in there way...must depend on the rep.

Well after speaking highly of Carlsgroup customer service I am unable to get them to return my email inquiries about my claim status now. I sent a 2nd claim status update email request to my claim representative on Friday afternoon and received confirmation she read my email. As of today I still have not received a response about my claim and am wondering if anyone else has any updated info on their claim and what representatives are telling you about tire replacement.

Received 5 UPS shipment notifications this morning saying package from Carlstar Group will be delivered tomorrow to my house tomorrow. I am guessing each tire has its own label. Still no word from the service representative though. I guess as long as I get the tires having communication from the representative is not that important.

I never received a shipping notification that they shipped anything. Mine just showed up one day. Glad I got them.

I never received a shipping notification that they shipped anything. Mine just showed up one day. Glad I got them.

Stay safe down there Greg.

I did receive delivery confirmation but tires showed up in like 3 days! Where are you guys taking your trailer to have tires remounted? I'll have to keep the boat on the trailer.

Back