• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Center Bow Cushion Fabrication - 2010 AR210

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well ... I got tired of searching for a replacement filler bow cushion. I couldn't justify spending $400-$500+ for one and no one wanted to sell theirs so I decided to fabricate my own.

I started out with measuring the distance between the walkway of the portside and the starboard. Then noted where support levers were to support the weight.

I picked up two pieces of lumbar. One was thin paneling to fabricate dimensions, shape and to create a template for the more expensive support panel to support the weight. ($30-40). One board is 1/4" and the other is 1" (+4" from foam should be a little higher than existing cushions on front of bow. I did this because the new center cushion will eventually break in and lower a bit.

Both have been sanded down and line up pretty well. I'm 6', 195 lbs and it barely nudged when I bounced around with all of my weight just on that panel. I know most people on our boat will be on 2 or more panels.

I ordered marine-grade vinyl (grey) and 4" foam (extra strength) from Joann Fabrics (50% off code online). Total for this was around $40-50.

I bought gloss white lacquer paint to give it additional protection from moisture and scratches. I also bought a can of 3M Scotch Guard. Coating wood panels, foam padding and vinyl.

Sprayed adhesive on wood panel > line foam up > trim foam, but leave a little hanging off the edges so there's protection when sliding in and out of center area (don't want to scratch existing cushions.

Stapled vinyl around cushion (this was really tough, had to use YouTube videos for techniques).

Then put a small bead of construction adhesive around edge and screwed on thin panel. I added a piece of vinyl for looks! I have my lovely model demonstrating! :)

Took about 5 hours and maybe $75-100 and the enjoyment of making my own cushion!

Attachments

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well done!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very Nice, that cushion will make a great place to hang out.