• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Changing a Flat Tire

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you trying to call out @Betik?? 🤣 🤣 🤣
Nah, i'm sure it's a fine car. But I bet the jack (if it has one) is a bit less capacity. Although I have no idea what those batteries weigh. I may be speaking out of turn on that now that I think about it.

Last edited:

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not to steal the thunder (from the prius)... But anyone know the lug nut size on the Shorelandrs?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not to steal the thunder (from the prius)... But anyone know the lug nut size on the Shorelandrs?
Mine are 13/16th’s.

Just replaced a grease seal on one wheel yesterday…. Pulled all four wheels off OAT and applied anti seize to the lug bolts. The lug bolts only Had some light corrosion on them, but as the old saying goes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Wouldn’t want to be out on the Highway 🛣 and have to deal with a seized lug nut.

Last edited:

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for sharing the pics, is the wheel off the ground in that first picture?
Yes. Barely. Keep in mind several factors at play here. Mainly wether or not your hitch is lowered/raised/or even level to begin with. So if I was having any issues getting it off the ground, I could simply raise the hitch, put some dirt under the ramp, put dirt under the rear tires of the car, dig out under the tire being changed, etc.