• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Cooper River Run up to Pinopolis Lock May 20th 2017

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...and of course now that I look at booking a place and really look at the dates, it doesn't work for us.

Who else wanted to do it, but couldn't that weekend. I know @bronze_10 mentioned that. Anyone else? I'll be happy to help lead an alternative trip the weekend before or after. Or any other weekend.
actually my wife told me i was taking vacation that weekend to make it happen... so we are going on the announced dates. And leaving from myrtle with anyone else who leaves from there.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We could not make it work due to the kid's still having school. I like the idea of a Myrtle launch; but with the longer drive and cruise, we can't pack that into 48 hours with the little ones. That is a lot of boat time and they need some downtime between runs or else the fun seems to disappear. The spring and summer has filled up with a lot of other plans; but I WILL want to do this again someday. We are also working a plan to run the TN River from Chattanooga to Knoxville over 3-4 days with some play time in Chattanooga.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Probably one of the biggest heads in a 23 foot boat you"ll see. Great boat so far. Biggest complaint is there is no glove boat storage area and it could be a little faster.
It'll still run 40+ right? I'm not too much worried about speed as I am other stuff.

I may end up with another boat if the search for a ski keeps going like it's going. After dealer #1 wants close to $15k with a paid off trade, dealer #2 wants close to $18k with no trade, & dealer #3 refuses to return calls. I want one, but I refuse to beg someone to let me give them money! Beats all I've ever seen.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It'll still run 40+ right? I'm not too much worried about speed as I am other stuff.

I may end up with another boat if the search for a ski keeps going like it's going. After dealer #1 wants close to $15k with a paid off trade, dealer #2 wants close to $18k with no trade, & dealer #3 refuses to return calls. I want one, but I refuse to beg someone to let me give them money! Beats all I've ever seen.
Call chatlee marine in Sanford north carolina.. work the deal and bu yell it over the phone... I will sacrifice and go get it for u and then I'll give it a few quality control runs for u... just to make sure it is safe!

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Call chatlee marine in Sanford north carolina.. work the deal and bu yell it over the phone... I will sacrifice and go get it for u and then I'll give it a few quality control runs for u... just to make sure it is safe!
They do have a nice looking place!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I'm assuming those numbers your throwing out include a trailer? 15K is probably in line 13,699 + 1000 for a trailer taxes and fees your probably 15.5 you could likely get a left over for about 12.5k I dont know that 3k is worth getting one in white versus last years colors.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm assuming those numbers your throwing out include a trailer? 15K is probably in line 13,699 + 1000 for a trailer taxes and fees your probably 15.5 you could likely get a left over for about 12.5k I dont know that 3k is worth getting one in white versus last years colors.
Sadly that isn't the case. Jax is at $15 w/ trade & no tax. Savannah is at $18 without trade or tax. Charleston is at $14k without trade or tax. The possible trade is a 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 with 110 hrs that looks like it hasn't been rode much.

I've tried seeing if anyone had any leftover & none to be found. I can find leftover SVHO all day long.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sadly that isn't the case. Jax is at $15 w/ trade & no tax. Savannah is at $18 without trade or tax. Charleston is at $14k without trade or tax. The possible trade is a 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 with 110 hrs that looks like it hasn't been rode much.

I've tried seeing if anyone had any leftover & none to be found. I can find leftover SVHO all day long.
Wow how much are they giving you for the trade in it must be nothing almost. I called my local dealer just now they are uncrating new 2017's right now to see if they have a white one.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow how much are they giving you for the trade in it must be nothing almost. I called my local dealer just now they are uncrating new 2017's right now to see if they have a white one.
Exactly!!!!! Now ya see what I'm talking about! I've learned 2 major lessons with buying the last 2 boats...

#1. Don't get in a hurry. No need to be in a rush. If it's such a hot item, it'll cool off eventually. Always amazes me at how "hot" an item is until you want to trade.

#2. Don't pay MSRP. The definition is actually in the name. It's their "suggested" price. Lol! The closer you pay to the suggested price, the more you'll be upside down.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

If you're willing to drive to Clearwater, you can get your ski for $14370 OTD with galvanized trailer or $14570 OTD with aluminum trailer. I'm not sure if they would entertain a trade or not.

The blue 2016 SVHO is beautiful ski IMO. I tend to catch myself looking at this one quite a bit ;)

upload_2017-3-9_11-54-4.png

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ACrews that's with 5 year warranty. Subtract $420 if you only wanted 2 year warranty.

@ACrews is this the ski you're looking for?

http://cyclespringsonline.com/Watercraft-Yamaha-FX-Cruiser-HO-R-2017-Clearwater-FL-46cb69a4-398d-4e40-b7a9-a6ae013e954b
YES! That's the one I'm looking for. Not worried about trade. I'd rather keep the atv to grade my driveway, so it's all good. I used the atv to guage what kind of deal they was giving me & so I could judge how they'd do it with something that is paid off.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ACrews This is where I bought my boat Feb 2016.. There not that great with service but they do negotiate.. I got 2K off MSRP and they paid taxes and tag. They threw in Deluxe Black cover and several other things. Beat all dealers I called on in the Southeast by a long shot. They seem to care more about volume. Here is a HO below.

http://performanceeast.com/Watercraft-Yamaha-VX-CRUISER-HO-2017-Goldsboro-NC-b8c0506b-eec4-41d6-bea1-a6a5010d428c
I bought my new ski I 2012 from them too.. nice people.. someone on here knows the owners real well.. can't remember who it is.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bought my new ski I 2012 from them too.. nice people.. someone on here knows the owners real well.. can't remember who it is.
Thanks for all the ideas! I owe my 3rd dealer the benefit of doubt & will give them till end of business on Saturday. After that, I reached out to another reliable source & he may have come thru big time. Details at a later time.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
...and of course now that I look at booking a place and really look at the dates, it doesn't work for us.

Who else wanted to do it, but couldn't that weekend. I know @bronze_10 mentioned that. Anyone else? I'll be happy to help lead an alternative trip the weekend before or after. Or any other weekend.
Say hey @veedubtek these weekend dates arent working for us. between teh motorcyle weekend in mrytle and tall ships in SC its just too busy, and the availability/cost got hard. @waterboy and I started talking up the new bern to shackleford run again recently. When he gets back from travel we'll iron out the detail.

I'm also moving up the construction of my garage by a month into April...so we'll see how that plays into things.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tops out right around 40. Best cruise was 24/25-ish. Rides like a dam pillow though, nothing else I've ever been on compares.

Say hey @veedubtek these weekend dates arent working for us. between teh motorcyle weekend in mrytle and tall ships in SC its just too busy, and the availability/cost got hard. @waterboy and I started talking up the new bern to shackleford run again recently. When he gets back from travel we'll iron out the detail.

I'm also moving up the construction of my garage by a month into April...so we'll see how that plays into things.
Hell yeah brother!

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@veedubtek man I hate to hear that. You need this trip to put some hours on those skis ;).

@justason @waterboy if your schedule would allow it but you're finding it hard to justify Charleston's hotel rates (they are too darn pricey) maybe I can help with that. Many of us stayed at this hotel last year and it appears I might be able to secure the same pricing again. The marina shuttled us to the hotel which was a couple miles away. Let me know if you're still interested.

upload_2017-3-10_23-40-4.png