• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Cooper River Run up to Pinopolis Lock May 20th 2017

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek man I hate to hear that. You need this trip to put some hours on those skis ;).

@justason @waterboy if your schedule would allow it but you're finding it hard to justify Charleston's hotel rates (they are too darn pricey) maybe I can help with that. Many of us stayed at this hotel last year and it appears I might be able to secure the same pricing again. The marina shuttled us to the hotel which was a couple miles away. Let me know if you're still interested.

View attachment 52494
Nice! So am I keeping our $45 a night rooms or are we moving?

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So if @veedubtek is out who else is launching from Myrtle? Don't want to cruise the ICW solo as it's our first time by boat. I am interested in getting a room at the Marriott.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Plenty still going from Myrtle I believe. @Ramblin Wreck and @bronze_10 + ?

If you're ever down on High Rock @GMAN2015 let me know. We've got a weekend place with dock on the water down here. You're more than welcome to dock/hangout here. I'm sure we'll still hit Belews a bunch this summer too.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

If you're ever down on High Rock @GMAN2015 let me know. We've got a weekend place with dock on the water down here. You're more than welcome to dock/hangout here. I'm sure we'll still hit Belews a bunch this summer too.
Nice! That's where I test road and bought our 230.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have taken @Ramblin Wreck down that path he knows the way lol. I probably will launch form Myrtle and I know a few other mentioned it as well so I'm sure there will still be a Myrtle Launch.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

@veedubtek are you sure you can't skip that New Kids On The Block Concert and join us? I know you love you some Whalberg's but I'm sure you can miss just one of their concerts and they will forgive you I know you have caught them all since 1997 and don't want to let them down but I'm sure they will survive that one day.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Knight brothers get me every time @robert843

Nah, there is 2 car shows I can't miss every year, and that weekend is one of them. Which should also be the grand re-debuting of my new and improved Thing. I seriously debated it, just can't miss it. Small chance we'll still come out Friday (and crash at your place), run myrtle to Charleston, and then just turn around, but that's still in the air. The show is Sunday.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Knight brothers get me every time @robert843

Nah, there is 2 car shows I can't miss every year, and that weekend is one of them. Which should also be the grand re-debuting of my new and improved Thing. I seriously debated it, just can't miss it. Small chance we'll still come out Friday (and crash at your place), run myrtle to Charleston, and then just turn around, but that's still in the air. The show is Sunday.
I hope you ya'll decide to do that as it would be a good day on the water. Y'all could come out into the bay and hang a while before we head up the Cooper. Then you could swing back into Isle of Palms Marina for late breakfast or early lunch before heading back to Mrytle. That's pretty much what @robert843 and I did in September and it was definitely worth my tow from ATL.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It sure is sounding more and more like a great option. Would love to see y'all again too.

Rodney Findley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I love to travel to Charleston, we try and go every other year for thanksgiving (the other is in Daytona or Orlando) and my wife runs in the turkey day 5K!
I would love to get in on this if not this trip.. soon! I am sure it is a beautiful ride through the low country!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I love to travel to Charleston, we try and go every other year for thanksgiving (the other is in Daytona or Orlando) and my wife runs in the turkey day 5K!
I would love to get in on this if not this trip.. soon! I am sure it is a beautiful ride through the low country!
Only thing u have to do is show up.... well and find a hotel room... and a Marin slip but other than that u r set.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just looked it up and there is a Tall Ships Festival the 20th. This 3-day event includes ships from around the world, wooden boat show, live music, pirate camp, family boat building. Hopefully this won't interfere with our plans. A friend goes every year and he said that its packed.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just looked it up and there is a Tall Ships Festival the 20th. This 3-day event includes ships from around the world, wooden boat show, live music, pirate camp, family boat building. Hopefully this won't interfere with our plans. A friend goes every year and he said that its packed.
Right now the only thing it has effected is hotel availability for Saturday night for those staying overnight. I don't really see it interfering with the rest of our plan as we will be out of the harbor fairly quickly and heading up the river.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Remley Point boat launch is very busy on any decent weather weekend, I can only image what it will be like with the Tall Ships in town. So to hopefully to miss the extremely craziness I'm going to launch my boat at WO Thomas Jr Boat Landing which is just off I-526 on the Ashley River. They allow 24 hour parking of vehicles/trailers which is were mine will set until Sunday. By water, from WO Thomas it is about 13 miles to Remley Point which should take 30 minutes or less. I'm planning on being ready to boat down the river by 9 am, this will give me time to slow down and enjoy the Battery from the water and if we see some Tall Ships to circle them before meeting up with the rest of the group at Remley Point at 10 am.

Not sure yet if I'm leaving from my house early Saturday morning or spending Friday night in North Charleston, it all depends on what my bride wants to do.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well if your not going for the full trip @veedubtek I may need to borrow your boat lol. My boat now has a deposit put down on it and the new owner is supposed to come get it this week end. So I guess I got some shopping to do before May. Who wants to help spend my money what should I get lol?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score