• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Cooper River Run up to Pinopolis Lock May 20th 2017

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was really hoping that we could join this again this year because we had a really great time last year on the run and meeting all other jetboaters. Unfortunately, we just cannot make the dates work for this year. Maybe we can try to do the river run on our own later in the year when school and sports are done. I will be following the groups adventure especially the Myrtle portion.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 @Andy S do y'all remember what the bridge clearance was at railroad crossing?
I'll have to look in the old thread but at high tide I think it is 12'. I know my boat and the Yamaha's with a factory tower can get through at high tide, @tim h boat would be very close at high tide.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll have to look in the old thread but at high tide I think it is 12'. I know my boat and the Yamaha's with a factory tower can get through at high tide, @tim h boat would be very close at high tide.
No biggy. Been trolling the boat shows & really liking some boats with hard tops, but didn't wanna get something that would make this run impossible.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My friend took his 21ft Key West center console with a hard top with us in 2015 and he was fine.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No biggy. Been trolling the boat shows & really liking some boats with hard tops, but didn't wanna get something that would make this run impossible.
Are you window shopping or have you started to try a few on? You have me intrigued now...

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you window shopping or have you started to try a few on? You have me intrigued now...
I'm still window shopping. Would have brought the ski home this weekend if Charleston Powersports would ever get any in. I didn't make the Charleston show till the last day on Sunday & someone had already beat me with deposit. They still haven't got any more in, but have offered to deliver to me once they do as long as I'll wait on them. They're supposed to call me this week, so we'll see.

As for what I'm long-term thinking about...I'm in a strange spot with wants & needs now that my parents wentry with me last yr on this trip. For those of you that remember, they're in pretty good health for their age, but don't get around the best they could. I didn't anticipate on them liking it as much as they do & I'm glad they've been able to go out with me the first times out with the last 2 boats. I believe they really would have liked to go to Bimini last yr, but knowing what I know now, I'm glad I didn't. Not sure they could've handled the beating for that long.

That being said, I'm trying to find something a little more seaworthy for the Bimini trip & for longer trips around the house. I'm only 75-90 by water from fresh water to Fernandina Beach, FL as well as Cumberland Island National Seashore along the way. Something that has a head compartment big enough/accessible enough for them to comfortably get into, but yet still small enough to manage by myself.

The top pick on head compartment right now is @DieselCamel World Cat 230SD230SD-runningAftPort.jpg

The other top pick is the new Pursuit 235DCDC235_8576-LG.jpg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still window shopping. Would have brought the ski home this weekend if Charleston Powersports would ever get any in. I didn't make the Charleston show till the last day on Sunday & someone had already beat me with deposit. They still haven't got any more in, but have offered to deliver to me once they do as long as I'll wait on them. They're supposed to call me this week, so we'll see.

As for what I'm long-term thinking about...I'm in a strange spot with wants & needs now that my parents wentry with me last yr on this trip. For those of you that remember, they're in pretty good health for their age, but don't get around the best they could. I didn't anticipate on them liking it as much as they do & I'm glad they've been able to go out with me the first times out with the last 2 boats. I believe they really would have liked to go to Bimini last yr, but knowing what I know now, I'm glad I didn't. Not sure they could've handled the beating for that long.

That being said, I'm trying to find something a little more seaworthy for the Bimini trip & for longer trips around the house. I'm only 75-90 by water from fresh water to Fernandina Beach, FL as well as Cumberland Island National Seashore along the way. Something that has a head compartment big enough/accessible enough for them to comfortably get into, but yet still small enough to manage by myself.

The top pick on head compartment right now is @DieselCamel World Cat 230SDView attachment 52288

The other top pick is the new Pursuit 235DCView attachment 52289
That Pursuit was at the Charleston show it was one of the last boats I went on and looked very sea worth and nice to boot!

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That Pursuit was at the Charleston show it was one of the last boats I went on and looked very sea worth and nice to boot!
They are fine piece of motorized floatation. I seen them there but I guess somehow I overlooked that model...can't say a 4 yr old didn't have something to do with that. Haha

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are fine piece of motorized floatation. I seen them there but I guess somehow I overlooked that model...can't say a 4 yr old didn't have something to do with that. Haha
The hull was massive for a 24 ft boat. In that pic you have up that anchor is probably 6 ft off the water you could get into some real rough stuff in that thing and still feel secure.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck in case anyone ever wonders how big the head compartment actually can be on a 23ft boat, I didn't realize I was having pictures taken while doing my research. Most that know me know I'm tall (6'3") & thats nothing compared to @DieselCamel. I'll let the picture explain the rest.Screenshot_2017-03-05-23-09-54.png

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The hull was massive for a 24 ft boat. In that pic you have up that anchor is probably 6 ft off the water you could get into some real rough stuff in that thing and still feel secure.
I'm going to just have to do as you suggested...have 2-3 boats plus a ski so I'll have one that's built for everything. Haha

I'm excited as to what I've been seeing at these shows. Seems builders are building more versatile boats. I've always liked how the predominant "salt water" boats were built, but I don't fish at all & they've always had too many fishing features for me to justify the price. The predominantly "freshwater" boats have always seemed to have been built too flimsy & wayyyyyy too much carpet. But my oh my at the beauties that are coming out here recently.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree I still feel this is one of the best cross breeds out there and its 29ft brother but the price tag just chokes me up.
sdx230.jpg

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree I still feel this is one of the best cross breeds out there and its 29ft brother but the price tag just chokes me up.
View attachment 52299
Absolutely! Sea Ray was my first love but I jus don't believe I could stand the thought of it having to stay outside, even under a cover. They're jus tooo nice!

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wish this would hurry up and get here. Decided to book this for 5 days and stay a little longer! Do some exploring off Folly Beach and Isle of Plams with some friends. Been going to Folly since the early 90's but never had a boat.. Also really hope we get threw the locks this year. Can't wait!!

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p584697vb?utm_campaign=HAUS_TRV_INQ_HASC_inquirytraveler_PPS&utm_content=propid_text_o_lprop&utm_term=20170304&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email
That's funny I have been eyeballing a place on Goat Island for the Weekend. Goat Island is right on the waterway in Mount Pleasant and the houses on it are only accessible by boat so they all have a dock.

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3895138

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been meaning to look for a place. Haven't yet. Probably need to get on that soon.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
...and of course now that I look at booking a place and really look at the dates, it doesn't work for us.

Who else wanted to do it, but couldn't that weekend. I know @bronze_10 mentioned that. Anyone else? I'll be happy to help lead an alternative trip the weekend before or after. Or any other weekend.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That's funny I have been eyeballing a place on Goat Island for the Weekend. Goat Island is right on the waterway in Mount Pleasant and the houses on it are only accessible by boat so they all have a dock.

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3895138
Man we looked at Goat to but the ladies have to have access to historic district. That was voted down quickly.:( I think it would be awesome stay there. I do plan on checking the homes out on Goat when tooling around ICW over at Isle Palms. So much water to explore. Always wanted to see the connector at Sullivan's Island and Isle of palms at low tide from a boat.. Got to be careful though from all the drone footage I have checked out. Shallow!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck in case anyone ever wonders how big the head compartment actually can be on a 23ft boat, I didn't realize I was having pictures taken while doing my research. Most that know me know I'm tall (6'3") & thats nothing compared to @DieselCamel. I'll let the picture explain the rest.View attachment 52290
Probably one of the biggest heads in a 23 foot boat you"ll see. Great boat so far. Biggest complaint is there is no glove boat storage area and it could be a little faster.