• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Cooper River Run up to Pinopolis Lock May 20th 2017

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would book this now if you think you want to stay downtown that rate has dropped a lot from a few weeks ago but it will go back up. Right now I'm booked outside of downtown but that's only because I have a super discounted rate of $45 a night at the residence in North Charleston but I may still move downtown if everone else does I don't mind spending 230 a night but the over 300 a night price tag it was at a few weeks ago was to high.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck i don't really recal do you remember how long it took us last year to get down?

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck i don't really recal do you remember how long it took us last year to get down?
I want to think it was around 2 hours when we were cruising in the low 40s and didn't stop on the way back. I would say we would want to leave by 7am at the latest to ensure everyone has enough time to refuel at Isle of Palms Marina, use the restrooms, and be near Remley's Point by 10am. Actually leaving around 6:30ish would probably be the safe bet and not make anyone feel rushed.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know the way back was quick but we hauled tail on the way back. I agree 6:30 is safer as I think Isle of palm only had 2 pumps for fuel. I was trying to figure out in my head if I could make it all the way back to Myrtle in the same day that would be over 300 miles in a day hmmm.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know the way back was quick but we hauled tail on the way back. I agree 6:30 is safer as I think Isle of palm only had 2 pumps for fuel. I was trying to figure out in my head if I could make it all the way back to Myrtle in the same day that would be over 300 miles in a day hmmm.
I think you absolutely could and that was my original thought, but staying Saturday in Charleston sounds like the best of both worlds. It would be a long day on the water and you might chase the sun a little, but as you know it's all easy water. Heck, if we can do 225 or so across the ocean 300 on glass is a warm up ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you absolutely could and that was my original thought, but staying Saturday in Charleston sounds like the best of both worlds. It would be a long day on the water and you might chase the sun a little, but as you know it's all easy water. Heck, if we can do 225 or so across the ocean 300 on glass is a warm up ;)
I can do it any day I want so was just kind of thinking out loud lol. Like this Saturday is supposed to be 71 and sunny ;)

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like 6:30 too. I'm still planning to start in Myrtle Beach too. Have you guys made hotel reservations yet?

Are you going to put the skis/boats in the water the night before?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like 6:30 too. I'm still planning to start in Myrtle Beach too. Have you guys made hotel reservations yet?

Are you going to put the skis/boats in the water the night before?
The marina does have slips you can put your boat in the night before but not sure there is much advantage in that. If I launch from Myrtle I probably will as the fam is going down to Charleston Friday night and they will take my tow vehicle so I may have to if I launch from Myrtle.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i hope we are going to be staying at a friends town home down there on friday night so we can be up and at the boat ramp early.. if not we will have about a three hour drive to the boat ramp sat morning.. lol but we can make that easy.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i hope we are going to be staying at a friends town home down there on friday night so we can be up and at the boat ramp early.. if not we will have about a three hour drive to the boat ramp sat morning.. lol but we can make that easy.
For those coming Friday night to the Beach it is Harley Bike week during that time frame rooms are going to be limited here as well. I would book well in advance.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

@robert843 I have a 2010 yamaha waverrunner VLX110. 15 gallon tank. what is your ski, and its range ?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 I have a 2010 yamaha waverrunner VLX110. 15 gallon tank. what is your ski, and its range ?
2013 Kawasaki Ultra LX 20.8 gallon tank and on this kind of run my range is aprox 125 miles or so and probably closer to 140 miles if fuel economy was my main goal. The longest stretch of this run from Myrtle with out fuel I believe is about 80 miles but there is a stop at about the 55 mile point that has fuel if we needed to stop and refuel.

Cwigg951

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey all. The wife and I are very interested in joining you guys in our SX240. We live on the intercoastal about 15-20 miles west of the harbor. Right now we're trying to decide if we should bring the kids or not (3 and 5). Either way, we will be there barring any major boat or kid issues. Looking forward to it!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Cwigg951 There will be several kids on this trip they should be fine to join. looking forward to seeing you then.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been following this thread and hesitant to speak up for fear of jinxing things. There is a small chance that I may be able to tag along on this trip. For those who have not read it already I am moving to the Columbia, SC area before the end of June if all goes well. Perhaps as soon as the end of April depending on a few things. Hoping that if I can make it this year y'all will accept a last minute Yankee addition. If so I will have space and be in need of a guide to point out things along the way. Payment for guide services would be in food and spirits;)
I live just an hour east of Columbia. Stationed at Shaw AFB. We have been here for a little over 9 years. You're going to love living here after you get used to the heat this summer. Hope to meet up sometime.