• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Cooper River Run up to Pinopolis Lock May 20th 2017

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For a ski, it definitely rides way better then the old hulls. All she needs now is to run through some Bahamian waters ;)

Looks great @ACrews!
Absolutely! I gotta get back there for some photo ops! Hate to still be posing as a boater! Lol

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The official break in period is not finished till it has its first dock rash lol.
Easy now. Lol! I know it's coming & as long as I don't do it up too bad, I won't sweat it. I'm amazed at how well the RiDE system works...worth every penny.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have been following this thread and hesitant to speak up for fear of jinxing things. There is a small chance that I may be able to tag along on this trip. For those who have not read it already I am moving to the Columbia, SC area before the end of June if all goes well. Perhaps as soon as the end of April depending on a few things. Hoping that if I can make it this year y'all will accept a last minute Yankee addition. If so I will have space and be in need of a guide to point out things along the way. Payment for guide services would be in food and spirits;)
So I have the house in Chapin, SC and the dry stack at Lighthouse Marina but my boat is still in Maine. In fact we got snow in Maine as mother natures April fools joke yesterday. My family put their foot down and said they want to keep the boat in Maine to enjoy until we all leave as opposed to me taking it on my next trip down for my own enjoyment. At this point I don't think I will be in SC around May 20th but if I am I fully intend to try and bum a ride. If someone gets weary on their new ski I would be happy help by riding it for a bit too ;) Looking forward to meeting some folks once we get settled in late June.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Chuckbig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bummer, I will be at Holden Beach, NC this day, but won't be able to attend. I will be leaving Columbus on Friday and driving through the night with the boat in tow. My 1yo and 3yo would not do well on the 10 hour ride during the day. Have fun out there!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So for anyone who is interested in going i have an extra room at the holiday inn express that is not going to be used now.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone interested in checking out the tall ships Sunday? Thought it may be cool to cruise by there and check them out before heading back up the ICW to Myrtle.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone interested in checking out the tall ships Sunday? Thought it may be cool to cruise by there and check them out before heading back up the ICW to Myrtle.
There are already a few docked at City Marina I keep meaning to take some pics as I'm there once a week for work. They are pretty cool looking.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm planning on doing some boating on Sunday, especially since I am launching/recovering in Charleston.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I reserved a slip at City Marina. $60/ night minimum. They only have 50A shore power and said we may need to rent a $5 splitter if u need power. Anyone else get that rate too? Twice the cost compared to Bahia Mar marina in Ft Lauderdale.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just mapping this run on google earth from mytrle beach to the locks and back to city marina is 180 miles.. google earth is not exact because it is segments of straight lines.. does this sound right.. i mapped 72 miles from the ramp at myrtle to the isle of palms ramp... 58 from there to the locks and 50 from the locks to city marina... sound right ish? Thats a lot of boat riding...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When @Ramblin Wreck and I ran from the same ramp in Myrtle to Charleston and back we tooled around in the harbor some as well we did 190 miles that day according to the gps so Charleston is probably 80-90 miles. Isle of palms marina is probably 70-80 miles and I think the run from Remley's point to the lock is 56 miles if I remember correctly so probably 66-70 miles from Isles of Palms Marina these are all rough guesstimates from memory. Once the lock is cleared if we have to run across the lake to get fuel if there is no gas at the closest point to the lock you can add another 12 miles to clear the lake. @bronze_10 you are correct though for those who leave from Myrtle it will be a very long day. I guessing being on the water and moving by 6:30am (I would really like to be moving by 6am) Probably arriving to Isle of Palms between 9-9:30 Meeting the rest of the group between 10 and 10:30 at the mouth of the Cooper River arriving at the lock at around around 12:30- 1 clearing the lock by 2pm refueling and snacks or Lunch Clearing the lock on the way down by 3:30pm and being back in Charleston by 6:30 pm so probably a 12 hour day and thats if everything goes according to plan for those running from Myrtle.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hummm... not sure my 80 year old mom would be down with 12 hours.. we might not lock through this year... if it is a real hot day we will have to go to charleston earlier due to her asthma.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hummm... not sure my 80 year old mom would be down with 12 hours.. we might not lock through this year... if it is a real hot day we will have to go to charleston earlier due to her asthma.
@bronze_10 I hear you my crew cant make the whole trip either. My crew is going to Charleston Friday night and I will pick them up at one of the boat landings or City Marina on Saturday morning if I decide to leave from Myrtle I'm honestly still up in the air on that especially since my crew wont be doing that part of the trip. I still know @Ramblin Wreck @veedubtek and @GMAN2015 plan to launch but @Ramblin Wreck knows the way if I don't make it. I f I could take my ski I would def leave from Myrtle as a need to get a few distance runs in over the next 45 days or say to prep my body for some other stuff I have going on this summer but we don't have enough boats to split up all the skis crews.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok so we are launching from Wacca Wache Marina in Murrel's Inlet SC for those leaving from MB correct? I am looking for a hotel to stay in the area Friday night . Don't want to have to get up at 2am to trailer down from Greensboro Saturday Morning. Is Wacca Wache a 24hr boat ramp? Cause the marina doesn't open till 9am. Pardon my ignorance :)

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 can say for sure, but I'm 98% sure it is. We've launched there countless times without issue. You definitely wont have an issue launching there at 6am, and I'm sure we'll see ya there. The walk back from the parking lot sucks though

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 can say for sure, but I'm 98% sure it is. We've launched there countless times without issue. You definitely wont have an issue launching there at 6am, and I'm sure we'll see ya there. The walk back from the parking lot sucks though
At 6am you will be parking right there at the ramp the walk will be nothing. The Ramp is a public ramp not owned by the marina it can be used 24/7. It is bike week in Myrtle Beach that week lodging maybe a little scarce. Wilmington and Florence are both an hour and a half away if you just want to get close.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll believe that when I see it! I've never seen an empty spot there, lol.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll believe that when I see it! I've never seen an empty spot there, lol.
When Robert and I meet there around 7am last fall we were the first 2 cars parked believe it or now. I'm glad to know we can overnight in those spots @robert843 because I would have driven up the hill to the other lot for sure.