• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Cooper River Run up to Pinopolis Lock May 20th 2017

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You would think a guy that was stationed on a submarine in the Navy and lives 2 hours away would have already seen the Hunley but I haven't yet even though I really want to see it.
I came across that thing & it's story a few years ago. Have been trying to find an excuse to get there myself. Seems like they're still only open to visitors on the weekends. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to see, since they're still researching it's story too.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I came across that thing & it's story a few years ago. Have been trying to find an excuse to get there myself. Seems like they're still only open to visitors on the weekends. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to see, since they're still researching it's story too.
It would not take long an hour or less and you could run through the whole building.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the first forecast are out and so far it looks good but anyone who is familiar with coastal weather know it could change any second. Right now we are looking at a high in the upper 80's and sunny with winds along the coast around 11 mph and winds up at the lock around 8 mph. If I had to guess we are looking for winds under 10 mph at the lock and preferably coming out of the east. If the winds are stronger then 10 mph coming from the west we could face a similar fate as last year.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since we are a week out I figure I should get a head count and see who is launching from where so no one gets left behind. Below is how I have it now if someone is not on one of the lists below please let me know and if your plan is different then what I have below let me know as well. I will get @Andy S to reach out to those launching from Charleston to get you his number to stay in communication the morning of if anyone is running behind and I will reach out to those launching from Myrtle once we have it a confirmed.

Launching from Waccawache in Myrtle Beach at 6:30 am

@Ramblin Wreck
@bronze_10
@GMAN2015
@veedubtek
@Eric Ballard

Launching from Charleston WO Thomas Ramp
@Andy S
@ACrews
@Appollo
@Shannon
@Rob9550

Launching from his house plan to meet at the mouth of the cooper river at aporx 10:30am
@Cwigg951

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also correct! 8 days and we cant wait.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You've got me correct on my launch. I'll check with @Appollo if he doesn't respond. We planning on going up Friday night & staying till Sunday morning.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those not sure what Morris Island lighthouse is here is a decent video,

Today looking at the forecast for next weekend, we should have good weather and hopefully good seas to be able to go check out the lighthouse by boat on Sunday.