• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Cooper River Run up to Pinopolis Lock May 20th 2017

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I did call and speak to the lock operator this morning to verify there was no scheduled maintenance and they anticipate the lock to be running on Saturday and as of now he confirmed that they do you plan on running on Saturday A call will be made again Saturday morning to confirm before we leave Charleston

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So after doing a little research it turns out the Tall Ship event will be taking place at the old naval ship yard this is were the boats will be docked for the event. This is on the cooper River so we will pass them on the way up and back on the cooper. For those who have been before this is the area on the cooper where all the tankers and several large coast guard and s few military ships were docked just before the naval nuclear submarine school is.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So after doing a little research it turns out the Tall Ship event will be taking place at the old naval ship yard this is were the boats will be docked for the event. This is on the cooper River so we will pass them on the way up and back on the cooper. For those who have been before this is the area on the cooper where all the tankers and several large coast guard and s few military ships were docked just before the naval nuclear submarine school is.
Here is a map of the tall ship location.
upload_2017-5-17_9-26-36.png

Last edited:

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the weather is going to be nice, shouldn't have any issues with the locks. Can't wait to get out on the water!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought all was lost and I would not be able to make the trip because I wasn't getting my boat back from the dealer until tomorrow but I got the boat back today. It looks like I'm going to launch directly from Charleston with the group. I'll read all the previous threads and comments but if you guys could be on the lookout for me I'd appreciate it I'm not familiar with the area I'll be in a 19 foot white and blue Yamaha.

919-348-6092 is my cell number.

I cannot wait to see some of you again and meet some of you for the first time.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Well @veedubtek had a full weekend this coming week but was going to try and make it but he just informed he has suffered a torn Labia so he will be unable to make it. I hope you have a swift recovery bud I'm sure I will see you in a couple weeks.
2 bad I did not know of his terrible injury earlier, I could have ship him some old style Army odorless BeenGay to treat his wound. ;-) LMAOL!

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
@robert843 , Rob, thanks for the guidance. As we talked, we'll head Ur way down ICW from Oak Island to Wachee Coochy marina at around 1500hrs so we should see U at around 1900hrs or so. Man I been winter sick and having salt water withdrawal pains for months, can't way to get on the water today and pull the trigger on the Kawi! HOOAH! See U all soon!!

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
View attachment 53417 Break-in done! @veedubtek @Ramblin Wreck These things have come a long way in the last 10 yrs. It's a floating sofa compared to my old VX.
Actually, the old stand up fans like me many moons ago, called the 1st generation of 2 seaters "The couch". So I guess U may be right that they have progressed in to a king size sleeper sofa! ;-) But at least on my couch U best be able to hold on to the handlebars when U pull the trigger and those 310 supercharged ponies cut loose and want to take U airborne! ;-)

Cwigg951

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will be pulling in to Remley a little before 10 tomorrow, coming across the harbor. We'll be in a blue and white Yamaha SX240.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got into town late last night but with no issues. Should be at the ramp around 6:30.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking forward to the recap on this great trip! Safe travels and enjoy the trip. This looks like more of an option for me than a Bimini trip at this point