• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston Cooper River Run up to Pinopolis Lock May 20th 2017

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are just a few of the pics that Verena took.
Really great pics! Going back through my video footage now and I will tell you it seems still pics can still tell the story better then video sometimes.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Family and I had a great day yesterday. Was great to meet everyone and we can't wait to do it again. If anyone is ever around Murray let me know, we plan to be out every single weekend if the weather is good. Also, I will post up some of the pictures that Verena took, I think she took 200+...

803-795-9599
Let me know the next time you are coming to Lake Murray and we will get @Mainah to join us.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are my pics. Too bad The Cat ferry could join us fellow jetboaters on the trip, LOL20170519_120900.jpg 20170520_085604.jpg 20170520_093749.jpg 20170520_093754.jpg 20170520_102543.jpg 20170520_102649.jpg 20170520_102937.jpg 20170520_103452.jpg 20170520_103936.jpg

Attachments

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The family and I had a great weekend and thank you all who participated and made it even better. My takeaways:
  • @JROD sorry to hear about your mechanical issues on your ride down. Hopefully your ski will be up and running as normal very soon.
  • Marriott hooked us up. Stayed in North Charleston Friday night in an adjacent hotel to the one originally booked because they overbooked the original hotel and comped us the night. Their pillows sleep even better when free.
  • It's hard to boat in fog! As @robert843 mentioned before thank you all for your patience in allowing us extra time to make down from MB.
  • Some people pay for therapy, some take a pill, I just need the calm waters of the ICW. So happy I left from MB. It made for a long day but that's just what I needed.
  • Alligators! Where were they last year? I saw 5 or 6 along the banks of the Cooper on the ride up to the lake. What was really surprising to me is that I saw 2 swimming across the ICW on our way back to MB from Charleston yesterday afternoon around the McClellanville area. Want to scare and get a scream out of your wife and child? Drive straight at an alligator when you don't normally boat in those types of water.
  • Getting through the locks and spending time in the cove was a nice experience.
  • Watching the faces of the 2 women in the bow of the regal as we all turned a sharp corner on the Cooper to meet other boaters coming the opposite direction in tight waters was fun to watch. Their eyes were big and they were bouncing across the bow. haha
  • @ACrews girlfriend is a trooper for riding on the back of his ski all day.
  • @robert843 has it made with his 10 month old son. He hung in there all day long with the heat, big life vest, and choppy waters at times. Enjoyed our time with your family @robert843
  • @Andy S your Cobalt looks just as good in dark brown waters as it does in the clear blues of the Bahamas. Very nice to see Cindy and you again.
  • @Shannon reminded me it's a small world. Good talking to you...
  • @GMAN2015 nice to meet you and crew and can't wait to hear about your crossing to Bimini!
  • @bronze_10 great family and we enjoyed the time yesterday. I know your mom was probably wore out at the end of the day, but I bet she'll be talking about it for a long time.
  • Saw and a lot of dolphins yesterday around the bay in Charleston and along the ride back to MB.
  • Kids can sleep anywhere. We rode 3up from Charleston to MB yesterday (roughly 75 miles) and Josie fell asleep while setting in front of me. She crossed her arms and laid them and her head on the handlebars and quickly feel asleep.
Thank you @robert843 & @Andy S for putting this together as my family and I had a great time!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes it was a long day for my mother... but she just kept talking about how no other 80 year old women were out there! I dont think she will do it again though! Lol... she said she will slow cruize then lake anytime buy a high speed icw run has been crossed off her list!!!

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Let me know the next time you are coming to Lake Murray and we will get @Mainah to join us.
Looking forward to it. I am headed back to Maine this week and will return mid/late June. Looking forward to enjoying the 4th of July weekend on the lake.

It was tough to pass up this trip this year but I did get out on lake Murray for half of the day and enjoyed wakeboarding with my brother and sister in law. Looking forward to joining everyone next year.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
The family and I had a great weekend and thank you all who participated and made it even better. My takeaways:
  • @JROD sorry to hear about your mechanical issues on your ride down. Hopefully your ski will be up and running as normal very soon.
  • Marriott hooked us up. Stayed in North Charleston Friday night in an adjacent hotel to the one originally booked because they overbooked the original hotel and comped us the night. Their pillows sleep even better when free.
  • It's hard to boat in fog! As @robert843 mentioned before thank you all for your patience in allowing us extra time to make down from MB.
  • Some people pay for therapy, some take a pill, I just need the calm waters of the ICW. So happy I left from MB. It made for a long day but that's just what I needed.
  • Alligators! Where were they last year? I saw 5 or 6 along the banks of the Cooper on the ride up to the lake. What was really surprising to me is that I saw 2 swimming across the ICW on our way back to MB from Charleston yesterday afternoon around the McClellanville area. Want to scare and get a scream out of your wife and child? Drive straight at an alligator when you don't normally boat in those types of water.
  • Getting through the locks and spending time in the cove was a nice experience.
  • Watching the faces of the 2 women in the bow of the regal as we all turned a sharp corner on the Cooper to meet other boaters coming the opposite direction in tight waters was fun to watch. Their eyes were big and they were bouncing across the bow. haha
  • @robert843 has it made with his 10 month old son. He hung in there all day long with the heat, big life vest, and choppy waters at times. Enjoyed our time with your family @robert843
  • @Andy S your Cobalt looks just as good in dark brown waters as it does in the clear blues of the Bahamas. Very nice to see Cindy and you again.
  • @GMAN2015 nice to meet you and crew and can't wait to hear about your crossing to Bimini!
  • @bronze_10 great family and we enjoyed the time yesterday. I know your mom was probably wore out at the end of the day, but I bet she'll be talking about it for a long time.
  • Saw and a lot of dolphins yesterday around the bay in Charleston and along the ride back to MB.
  • Kids can sleep anywhere. We rode 3up from Charleston to MB yesterday (roughly 75 miles) and Josie fell asleep while setting in front of me. She crossed her arms and laid them and her head on the handlebars and quickly feel asleep.
Thank you @robert843 & @Andy S for putting this together as my family and I had a great time!
Thanks Jeremiah. Stuff happens, better down on ICW than in open ocean. Glad to see and hear all had a great time. Great pics and videos!

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Eric you caught a couple pics of us in our boat. Thx! Can't miss my Father-inlaw's MB tie-died shirt!
That's exactly how we was able to spot y'all in the pics & on the water!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Eric you caught a couple pics of us in our boat. Thx! Can't miss my Father-inlaw's MB tie-died shirt!
I got a bunch of footage of your boat running on the way back I was trying to keep the video short so a lot didn't go in I may post it on you tube and send you a link

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 4 day weekend and we plan to go to Murray at least once. Have a buddy with a FXHO that plans to be out on Sunday.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 4 day weekend and we plan to go to Murray at least once. Have a buddy with a FXHO that plans to be out on Sunday.
If the rain holds off we will be out there too and I'll look you up.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got a bunch of footage of your boat running on the way back I was trying to keep the video short so a lot didn't go in I may post it on you tube and send you a link
That would be cool. Thanks.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
you guys coming around that corner looked like a bunch of Hell's Angels or probably more like this scene from Caddyshack :winkingthumbsup" (50secs in).

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think she ready to start from Myrtle Beach next time. My Garmin logged 149 miles round trip & she handled it like a boss.

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think anyone had a hand free in that turn to hold a camera at the back of the pack. I was in the back myself and had both hands on the wheel and all puckered up in that turn.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody remember this turn? I wish I had footage from further back in the pack where it got a little more sporty but this was shot from @robert843 boat which was leading us at the time.

Lol I cant believe she got this on film. So no one will notice it with out me saying it but if you look around I think the 10 second mark you see that I sharply turn my boat away from them at the last second to throw a bigger wake at them because I was pissed out how close they came to us when there was plenty of open water.