• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext & tachometers not working

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know where the fuse for the Connext multi function display is? I added a second battery and replaced the battery switch....after that, everything is working except the Connext screen will not turn on. Checked the fuses on the engine and near the battery and they were OK. Is there an inline fuse for the connext system I'm missing somewhere?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just a wild guess as we don't have our Yamaha yet, but I'd say something was missed when the battery switch was changed?

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I redid all the connections at the batteries and the battery switch but everything seemed fine. everything is working except the tachometers and connext screen. I checked all the fuses again and they were fine.

When I was originally replacing the battery switch I had the switch in the off position, and before I had tightened all the connections, the radio and tachometers (and I think the connext screen came on too but can't remember for sure) all of sudden came on.....then the tachometers and possibly the connext screen slowly went dark. I couldn't figure out why the came on. I looked at the switch again and it was just a little bit off the off position so not sure if that was enough for it to energize enough. After I finished making all the connections, everything worked fine but now connext and tachometers do not turn on at all. I'm out of ideas. anyone else run into anything like this before?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, but if the switch was in the off position and stuff came on, that usually means that you had a wiring snafu. Basically, something that was supposed to be on one side of the switch was hooked up on the other side (somewhere--may be back at the battery or elsewhere). I would go recheck that all first.

Chris Sundlof

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’m having the exact same issue. Did you ever figure out how to solve this?

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m having the exact same issue. Did you ever figure out how to solve this?
The connext ended up being fried. The dealer replaced it under warranty. It sounds like connext is very sensitive to voltage spikes. Still not sure exactly why or how it happened.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Once the connext was replaced the tachometers worked fine again.
What happened to you has happened to several others on this site.. usually it was a momentary reverse polarity hook up. But others like you also apparently had everything just right and it still cooked the connext unit. Probably cooked a zener diode in there somewhere…

Glad you got it fixed under Warranty.

Racerx0529

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same thing happened to me this weekend. I have the hydrophase system and everything has been working great and then screen and tach completely stopped working. Boat still runs and hydrophase still works fine. Tried everything pulled all fuses etc..

supab7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
update on this? My connext screen, blower switch, and controller don't come on at all? 2015 ar 240 - anyone know if there is an in line fuse anywhere?

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yesterday I had another problem with my connext screen. was getting the boat ready and turned on the battery switch. immediately after I got an audible alarm, and the tachometers started sweeping back and forth with the check engine light flashing on and off. Connext screen was black and non responsive. Everything else works (blower, lights, engines, radio, etc) for me except connext, tachometers, and no wake mode. Strangely, the day before, it was working fine with no issues.

the connext in my boat was fried about two years ago and replaced under warranty. No issues for two years since it was replaced until yesterday. Called the dealer and will be bringing it next week but have a feeling this one is fried again too. A little different this time in that the tachometers needle sweep back and forth but screen seems like it's dead.

I have no idea why this is happening again and what would cause it.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
update on this? My connext screen, blower switch, and controller don't come on at all? 2015 ar 240 - anyone know if there is an in line fuse anywhere?
I believe the fuse on my boat for the connext is an inline fuse located by the batteries labeled "Main ATC 20"....not sure if it's the same on a 240 though.

AZ_AR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
after your screen was replaced do you know if it had to be programmed or do they automatically start working? i had to disconnect mine for about 2 minutes while removing the helm dash and hood cover for my customizations. ty!

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
after your screen was replaced do you know if it had to be programmed or do they automatically start working? i had to disconnect mine for about 2 minutes while removing the helm dash and hood cover for my customizations. ty!
I'm not sure as the dealer replaced it.....I know the historical information like engine hours was not lost during the replacement.

AZ_AR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
good to know thank you!

supab7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for info JCB1977, Do you remember if your blower switch wasn't working either? Strange that my blowere isn't working which is attached to the wiring for my ignition keys, any idea if that is also controlled by connext screen? Seems like my connext, controller, blower, and tachometers are not getting power somehow.

When I replaced my 2nd battery the (-) and (+) touched and sparked which did also blow a 30a fuse at port engine. replaced that boat turns over fine and runs well, but no connext, tach, blower, or controller/ radio, etc..

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for info JCB1977, Do you remember if your blower switch wasn't working either? Strange that my blowere isn't working which is attached to the wiring for my ignition keys, any idea if that is also controlled by connext screen? Seems like my connext, controller, blower, and tachometers are not getting power somehow.

When I replaced my 2nd battery the (-) and (+) touched and sparked which did also blow a 30a fuse at port engine. replaced that boat turns over fine and runs well, but no connext, tach, blower, or controller/ radio, etc..
My blower worked even after the connext was fried.....but your boat could possibly have the blower connected thru the connext. the only things affected on mine are the connext, tachometer's, and the no wake mode/cruise. radio, lights, blower, and all other switches still function fine.

I hate to say it but it sounds like you might have fried your connext too.

supab7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah I ordered a new one form Partzilla, going to plug it in before removing the old one first to make sure it solves issue.. Thanks again, will share results here when I get it done.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I ordered a new one form Partzilla, going to plug it in before removing the old one first to make sure it solves issue.. Thanks again, will share results here when I get it done.
I'm bringing mine into the dealer on wednesday.....I'm still under warranty so it should be covered. out of curiosity, how much was it from partzilla?

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still cannot figure out what caused it in mine....I have battery charging leads on each battery and they were both plugged into a separate smart charger when I was moving the battery switch. I can't imagine that would be a problem but I need to do something different.

I currently have a 1/2/both/off battery switch. I'm thinking I might switch this out to a house/start on/off battery switch to isolate the engines/stators from the connext and other electronics. Curious if others who had problems have 1/2/Both switches too. Doesn't seem to like it should matter since my boat came from the factory with one battery and simple on/off switch but I need to try something different.