• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext & tachometers not working

supab7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
here are details for connext order, was surprised that they are getting it here so fast to be honest. Yamaha wanted $2400 btw.

Order Details
Ordered​
Ext. Price​
F3F-U8K12-00-00 DISPLAY UNIT (Yamaha) $1,688.80
Available Wednesday, July 27, 2022
1​
$1,688.80​
Subtotal:​
$1,688.80​
Shipping:​
$0.00​
Tax:​
$126.66​
Order Total:​
$1,815.46​

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curious: did it show up today?

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my dealer confirmed the display was fried again but cannot say what caused it. I took a video of the sweeping tachometers and the dead screen.

supab7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
my dealer confirmed the display was fried again but cannot say what caused it. I took a video of the sweeping tachometers and the dead screen.
Damn, sorry to hear, mine always cycled through like that one time only every time before turning it on. That constant cycling through was from another fried Connext?

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn, sorry to hear, mine always cycled through like that one time only every time before turning it on. That constant cycling through was from another fried Connext?
yeah, another fried one. Dealer said when the tachometer's sweep back and forth like that it's always an indicator the display has been fried. the first time i fried mine, the tach's were completely dead with no movement so this time it was a little different.

supab7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
New connext did arrive on Friday.. unfortunately it did not address the issue so I must have a fried wire/connection or additional in line fuse somewhere.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bummer! Was curious because I am waiting on ignition switches (they died again--time to replace). Ordered to arrive 3-4 days. Then an email that they are not coming until mid August. Then an email that they are not coming until end of August. Then one that was 15 Dec. Latest says 28 Dec....

supab7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Bummer! Was curious because I am waiting on ignition switches (they died again--time to replace). Ordered to arrive 3-4 days. Then an email that they are not coming until mid August. Then an email that they are not coming until end of August. Then one that was 15 Dec. Latest says 28 Dec....
Yeah I got an email on 7/27 that said not available til August 10th.. but then on 7/28 they shipped and made it next day.. guessing they really don't know for sure.. I'm told this isn't uncommon these day for ships, containers, etc to be sporadic

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I got an email on 7/27 that said not available til August 10th.. but then on 7/28 they shipped and made it next day.. guessing they really don't know for sure.. I'm told this isn't uncommon these day for ships, containers, etc to be sporadic
Hey there, did you ever solve your instrument panel issue? I have the same thing happening on my 2015 AR240. Engines fire up fine but no Connext, tachs or fuel gauge.

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it possible a dead house battery would cause this?? I’ve had it on a trickle charger all winter but both batteries are very old.

supab7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It did solve issue for a bit, but its is acting up again, the connext and blower are either not coming on or are flicking on briefly. The boat runs perfectly fine but I just dont have any idea how fast, gas, etc...

Racerx0529

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone else having this issue?
My connext screen & tachs stopped working all of a sudden (changed nothing with boat electronics) went out July of 2022 and I have been waiting on a screen under warranty since then. The delivery has changed several times and now says July of 2023. Anyone else still waiting on a connext screen?
Any other solutions other than screen replacement? I have checked every fuse that I could find and the dealer also couldn't find a problem so this is why they ordered a screen.

TIA.

Tim in MD

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wondering if there's any more news on this. I just started up my 2019 AR210 for the first time this season. Tachs going back and forth like a metronome, display completely dead. Good news is that the Display unit F3S-U8K12-20-0 is only $653 from Partzilla. Bad news is they say 100 days availability - almost the whole season, if that's accurate. I haven't called dealer yet (they are difficult for me to get to even if I want to). I'm out of warranty, and FWIW the broken transducer I ordered under warranty 18 months ago has still not come in. Will again be flying completely blind this summer regarding speed and depth, and now engine RPM and fuel level. Will I be potentially missing any critical engine alarms?

I'm a mechanic of "average" ability - is the display unit fairly straightforward to change?

@supab7 - that's very disappointing to hear the new display unit didn't fix the problem. Any update?

Truly annoying - I bought a new boat to hopefully avoid this type of crap, at least for the first 5+ years. That was obviously a bad assumption.