• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooper River Run to Locks Fall edition

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If anyone feels your pain I do I actually have Season tickets to South Carolina and our home opener is at 4pm so I will miss most of the game likely and swallow about $300 on tickets since I'm just giving my tickets to a friend. There is always the espn3 app and I have portable internet ;)
I decided not to renew my season tickets this year after a decade or so. It was a bitter sweet decision. I'm sure I'll miss game days, but to be honest I enjoy watching Josie's soccer games (started last year) just as much. It was hard to justify the cost of tickets, parking pass, etc., when there will likely be several games I couldn't make. I'm just thankful for HD TV!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What? That's awesome! That's a heck of a drive @1948Isaac. You need to plan to stay a few extra days and make a run to Savannah or just treat Camille to Charleston for a little longer.
I tried not renew this year but I got flack on it basically the pic below describes what I was told.
gamecocks.jpg

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 I would like to take my ski, or the boat, .. if I take my ski is will take enough fuel to make.it back but i.don't want to bother anyone . It is up to you guys @Andy S and @robert843 if you guys are ok having my family on board. I will pay you guys for the fuel and anything you guys need help with if you guys are ok with that.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 I would like to take my ski, or the boat, .. if I take my ski is will take enough fuel to make.it back and forward but i.don't want to bother anyone . Is up to you guys @Andy S and @robert843 if you guys are ok having my family on board. I will pay you guys for the fuel and anything you guys need help with if you guys are ok with that.
@1948Isaac your family is more than welcome to ride on my boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 I would like to take my ski, or the boat, .. if I take my ski is will take enough fuel to make.it back but i.don't want to bother anyone . Ithe is up to you guys @Andy S and @robert843 if you guys are ok having my family on board. I will pay you guys for the fuel and anything you guys need help with if you guys are ok with that.
If you bring the ski your family can def ride with me. If @Andy S has room I maybe ski bound as well. I have a life altering event happening at 7am tomorrow that may prevent the rest of my crew from going depending on how they feel health wise by then ;)

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843 I may have missed it but if the lock is closed is there any fuel on the Cooper near the lock? I can't remember any but wanted to verify. I might be able to make it with one tank if we didn't get through the lock, but it would probably be close.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 I may have missed it but if the lock is closed is there any fuel on the Cooper near the lock? I can't remember any but wanted to verify. I might be able to make it with one tank if we didn't get through the lock, but it would probably be close.
The spot we left from on the other side of the lock has fuel pumps but whether they have fuel is a another question that would have to be verified a day or so before. If we dont clear the lock you will likely make it if not one 5 gallon can will do.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The spot we left from on the other side of the lock has fuel pumps but whether they have fuel is a another question that would have to be verified a day or so before. If we dont clear the lock you will likely make it if not one 5 gallon can will do.
Too funny as I don't recall those pumps. I'll call a day or so in advance and if not, I'll throw a 2.5 can in the front of my hull. I believe it should get me there.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Too funny as I don't recall those pumps. I'll call a day or so in advance and if not, I'll throw a 2.5 can in the front of my hull. I believe it should get me there.
The pump was at the dock right next to the ramp but when I went inside the lady told me they where out of fuel as I was going to pump a few gallons.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The pump was at the dock right next to the ramp but when I went inside the lady told me they where out of fuel as I was going to pump a few gallons.
Alright. I'll probably just bring a can just in case then.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll have 6 extra gallons per ski with me, since I got my racks all sorted now.

Although, part of me wants to bring the boat this time just to open her up on that river. Doubt I could talk Karie into that though.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 has Saturday boating plans figured out, so I thought I would post my plans for Sunday's boating, everyone is welcome join in all or part of my Sunday plans.

<Edit: My plans for Sunday have changed>
Cindy and I will be staying in the Mount Pleasant area, probably at the Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant or the Holiday Inn Express Mount Pleasant. Sunday we will launch the boat from Remley Launch around 9 am'ish, ride by Patriots Point and head over to Fort Sumter which is in the middle of the Charleston Harbor. After exploring Fort Sumter, if time permits and harbor water conditions are decent enough, we will boat over to Morris Island lighthouse before returning Remley Launch.
Our Sunday plans have slightly changed.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Our Sunday plans have slightly changed.
Hi Andy,
Whats the Docking details for small crafts at Fort Sumter? or is it anchorage ?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those that don't know Morris Island lighthouse is only accessible by boat, the land around the lighthouse has eroded away. The lighthouse is about 4.5 miles south of Fort Sumter.