• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooper River Run to Locks Fall edition

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What time could you guys get in Friday? Its been a while since I have done this but I'm thinking of not even towing down I may run from Myrtle Beach on Friday evening down to Charleston and keeping the boat or ski in the water. All depending weather of course.
@robert843 I might be interested in this if I can get some logistical issues solved on my end. Can you detail what this run would look like?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 I might be interested in this if I can get some logistical issues solved on my end. Can you detail what this run would look like?
If we ran the ICW it's somewhere between 90-100 miles but it would pretty much all be smooth and could likely run 40+ mph the whole time. Distance is shorter if we ran offshore but we would likely be traveling slower then that.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If we ran the ICW it's somewhere between 90-100 miles but it would pretty much all be smooth and could likely run 40+ mph the whole time. Distance is shorter if we ran offshore but we would likely be traveling slower then that.
Where would you launch? I would like to look it up on google maps. I think that would be a great start to the weekend and would really like to do it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I like this idea a lot Robert. Let me figure out some logistics this evening and I'll let you know if I could make it happen. Where would you keep your ski/boat in Charleston?

Also, Brittany's mom would like to go to the beach that following week. I'm trying to persuade them to go to Myrtle. Any advice on an economical place to stay? It's been a long time since I've been to Myrtle so I don't know much about North or South. They're just looking for a nice but cheap place to got for 5 to 7 days.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like this idea a lot Robert. Let me figure out some logistics this evening and I'll let you know if I could make it happen. Where would you keep your ski/boat in Charleston?

Also, Brittany's mom would like to go to the beach that following week. I'm trying to persuade them to go to Myrtle. Any advice on an economical place to stay? It's been a long time since I've been to Myrtle so I don't know much about North or South. They're just looking for a nice but cheap place to got for 5 to 7 days.
stay
I have not gotten that far yet to figure out where I would dock in Charleston but that time of year there should be plenty of options. I will PM about the Myrtle Beach so I don't derail this thread with it.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843 I believe I have the logistics worked out on my end. I'm good with launching from Myrtle Beach area Friday if you would like to do it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 I believe I have the logistics worked out on my end. I'm good with launching from Myrtle Beach area Friday if you would like to do it.
I will keep you posted once I figure out if I can pull that off for sure or not but I likely will be able to as long as the weather is ok.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are in! Took Little Big Britches out yesterday for a river ride to see how he'd do. He wasn't much bothered by the thunderstorm, but not too happy the day got cut short. I'll be able to confirm for sure once we see how he'll do on a longer trip, but so far, he seems up to it.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for tagging me on this...just getting back from the beach and getting ready for school to start. We really enjoyed the spring run and would really like to do it again. Unfortunately, we already have plans for the that weekend so we will not be able to join this fall. We hope to be able to join again next spring. Will follow along the groups adventure this fall.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We are in! Took Little Big Britches out yesterday for a river ride to see how he'd do. He wasn't much bothered by the thunderstorm, but not too happy the day got cut short. I'll be able to confirm for sure once we see how he'll do on a longer trip, but so far, he seems up to it.
Is this the name of your boat or your offspring ?

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is this the name of your boat or your offspring ?
Hahaha! I didn't think about that. LBB is what I call my girlfriend's son. He is the cutest lil man. I don't have any kids of my own, but I'd claim him. Been trying to see how he'll do in the boat before we would try to take him on something like this. The 17th is his birthday so I'm trying my best or else I'm gonna have to cancel.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! I keep mine in Hilton Head so come on down. I'm new to salt water too so learning also! Love my 2011 but certainly jealous of the new ones!
@deancastor maybe you can come up to Charleston and join us on the boat trip. Next spring we have been talking about doing a run from Charleston to Hilton Head, we will definitely get with you then.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@piney1 the new seadek looks great not sure if your interested but wanted to invite you on this run with us.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where have been decided to stay for this trip? I'm looking to make some reservation before I forget.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where have been decided to stay for this trip? I'm looking to make some reservation before I forget.
I'm booked at the Courtyard Marriott in Mt Pleasant but I do not think there is an official hotel for all. I got a rate of $159 there a few weeks back and there is a large doctors office attached to their parking lot that is closed on Saturday so I figured that would leave plenty of room to park my boat.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm booked at the Courtyard Marriott in Mt Pleasant but I do not think there is an official hotel for all. I got a rate of $159 there a few weeks back and there is a large doctors office attached to their parking lot that is closed on Saturday so I figured that would leave plenty of room to park my boat.
Thanks, I'll look at the one. The Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant has something similar, there is a office building behind the hotel that shares the parking lot, so Friday night and Saturday night there should be plenty of parking there too.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I started to make reservations at Holiday Inn - Mount Pleasant
$169ish, and no cancellation policy......I'm going to wait it out till the forecasts start getting defined.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I started to make reservations at Holiday Inn - Mount Pleasant
$169ish, and no cancellation policy......I'm going to wait it out till the forecasts start getting defined.
You can pay a little extra for the ability to cancel which is what I did, plus I added breakfast.