• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooper River Run to Locks Fall edition

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is anyone bringing their offspring? in the 17-20 yr old range?

my kids are thinking of towing the waverunner along for this

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is anyone bringing their offspring? in the 17-20 yr old range?

my kids are thinking of towing the waverunner along for this
I know there will be 3-4 skis on this run so have them drag it down.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@justason since @robert843 has Saturday day plans figured out and I have published my plans for Sunday (which again everyone is welcome to join in for all or part of my plans), maybe you should take the lead on figuring out Saturday night plans.
View attachment 42354
well, with a good push in the right direction from @Andy S , I submit the following:

My family and crew will be heading down Friday night. Saturday at Remley's for the 9:30 dunk time. Saturday night it sounds like the sleep of choice is Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant.

From there its a short drive over to Shem creek for eats, music, cocktails walking and what ever feels right.......thoughts?

If there is a restaurant in particular folks are in the mood for, I can see about reservations for a group of "X" size. numbers still fluid (see links below)

I called Shem creek Inn, rooms prices are: (we may stay here Friday night)
creek view/night: king $239, 2x queen $229
marsh view/night: king $209, 2x queen $199
group >8 can get a 10% discount

holiday Inn-Mount Pleasant: (don't confuse with express up the road)
a room with 2 full size beds is $199 per a quick inquiry......I'm sure this is a fluid number to a certain degree....group rate discount applied at quantity: 10

upload_2016-7-27_11-32-40.png
upload_2016-7-27_11-33-53.png
http://www.redsicehouse.com/ this place looks like a HOOT !!
http://rbsonshemcreek.com/
http://www.tavernandtable.com/
http://www.waters-edge-restaurant.com/
http://www.vickerys.com/index_2.html

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@justason nice work.

Cindy and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant for 2015 river run, nice hotel with plenty of parking for our rigs.
We will probably be staying there again this year.

The restaurants on Shem Creek are all good. The ones we end up frequenting the most have been Red's Ice House, RB's, and Vickery's. Cindy and I will be joining the group going to Shem Creek for dinner.

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I live in Mount Pleasant SC so if you have any questions please ask me! As for the night before, yes Shem Creek is a great place to eat and have some drinks and watch the dolphins swim in. A great place to stay is the Shem Creek Inn http://www.shemcreekinn.com/ so you don't have to drive anywhere if you've had a couple over your limit! The only problem would be where to park your boats while on trailer. I believe they have wet slips that you can park overnight but im not sure. Remleys Point Boat landing is only 2 or so miles from there! As far as lunch the next day I wouldn't bother with Watermark bar and grill. Two options. There is a beach area right around the corner from the locks into lake moultrie and we can anchor and eat sandwiches etc. The beach area is a Military recreation area that has cabins/store and boat ramp so if you need to stock up on beer, ice whatever, I can get us some since im retired military. It is a popular spot for everyone on the lake to go, military or not. They also have fuel dock for those that need it! Option #2 is eating at Gilligans which is right before the lock into the lake. They have tie up slips and the food is decent. Let me know if anyone has questions that I can help with. I have never been up the river and in the locks before, but I put my boat in the lake all the time. If you going boating around the Charleston Harbor area I would make sure you have a chartplotter/GPS as we have a few shallow sandbars during lower tide.

Emmett

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live in Mount Pleasant SC so if you have any questions please ask me! As for the night before, yes Shem Creek is a great place to eat and have some drinks and watch the dolphins swim in. A great place to stay is the Shem Creek Inn http://www.shemcreekinn.com/ so you don't have to drive anywhere if you've had a couple over your limit! The only problem would be where to park your boats while on trailer. I believe they have wet slips that you can park overnight but im not sure. Remleys Point Boat landing is only 2 or so miles from there! As far as lunch the next day I wouldn't bother with Watermark bar and grill. Two options. There is a beach area right around the corner from the locks into lake moultrie and we can anchor and eat sandwiches etc. The beach area is a Military recreation area that has cabins/store and boat ramp so if you need to stock up on beer, ice whatever, I can get us some since im retired military. It is a popular spot for everyone on the lake to go, military or not. They also have fuel dock for those that need it! Option #2 is eating at Gilligans which is right before the lock into the lake. They have tie up slips and the food is decent. Let me know if anyone has questions that I can help with. I have never been up the river and in the locks before, but I put my boat in the lake all the time. If you going boating around the Charleston Harbor area I would make sure you have a chartplotter/GPS as we have a few shallow sandbars during lower tide.

Emmett
Thanks @Emmett I do this run every year sometimes multiple times a year its a blast and thanks for the insight. Back in the spring we had lunch on Moultrie just on the other side of that beach due to the wind conditions that cove was really choppy but i assume if we do lunch on the boats we will be in that beach cove you mentioned. Def thanks for the insight around the Charleston area that is very helpful! Back in the spring I called Shem Creek Inn and they told me all the docks down there were first come first serve and were usually packed they said there was a marina that rented slip across the street but I wasn't really sure what that meant? Do you know if that marina is with in walking distance of the hotel or since its on the other side of the creek is that out of the question? Also will you be joining us?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
the marina is a little further up the river...... When i called SHEM creek inn yesterday I was given the impression boats/trailers could park in their lot, I'll call back in a few to confirm.

I plan to stay here Friday night...Saturday I'm debating. I don't plan to use that MArina

@Emmett great summary, thank you !!

upload_2016-7-28_10-58-27.png

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Emmett I do this run every year sometimes multiple times a year its a blast and thanks for the insight. Back in the spring we had lunch on Moultrie just on the other side of that beach due to the wind conditions that cove was really choppy but i assume if we do lunch on the boats we will be in that beach cove you mentioned. Def thanks for the insight around the Charleston area that is very helpful! Back in the spring I called Shem Creek Inn and they told me all the docks down there were first come first serve and were usually packed they said there was a marina that rented slip across the street but I wasn't really sure what that meant? Do you know if that marina is with in walking distance of the hotel or since its on the other side of the creek is that out of the question? Also will you be joining us?
Yes definately plan on joining. I called Shem Creek Marina but they said they couldnt handle 6 or so boats. Let me check some other places and get back with you.

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Shem Creek Inn/Water's Edge/Vickerys parking lots are always very crowded so it might be hard for more than a few of you to have a vehicle and trailer, I would really check into that. I have only parked there just to eat/drink not with my trailer attached lol. i called Cooper River Marina they do have transient slips available, but no boat ramp!?! They did say you could park your boat on trailer over night in a secure lot, then when you wanted drive it over to remleys point boat ramp to launch. http://ccprc.com/294/Slip-Fees I know its not the best solution, but its a least a secure area to keep you boat/trailer stored if your staying for the weekend. In my dream home there would be room for all of you on my dock and in my home right on the water haha.

Emmett

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
the marina is a little further up the river...... When i called SHEM creek inn yesterday I was given the impression boats/trailers could park in their lot, I'll call back in a few to confirm.

I plan to stay here Friday night...Saturday I'm debating. I don't plan to use that MArina

@Emmett great summary, thank you !!

View attachment 42591
Great map!! Their is definately a sandbar and have seen more than one boat/ski run up on it.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey @tim h ! your name has been crossing my mind on this trip the past few days....... I can offer up some deck space on the Jetason if you like.

boarding fee: 1 beer
deboarding fee: 1 beer
Beer fee : 2 beers
lunch fee: ...can you guess.....

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So what's the tentative Sunday schedule look like at this point? What time will most be coming off the water Sunday?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not 100% yet, but we're looking at probably staying Sunday night as well and not leaving until Monday afternoon sometime.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not 100% yet, but we're looking at probably staying Sunday night as well and not leaving until Monday afternoon sometime.
What time could you guys get in Friday? Its been a while since I have done this but I'm thinking of not even towing down I may run from Myrtle Beach on Friday evening down to Charleston and keeping the boat or ski in the water. All depending weather of course.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Likely not soon enough for that, but what time ya think we'd have to go by? We'd LOVE to make that work @robert843

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Likely not soon enough for that, but what time ya think we'd have to go by? We'd LOVE to make that work @robert843
It would take at least 2.5 3 hours and that is moving so 6 would be the latest.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It would take at least 2.5 3 hours and that is moving so 6 would be the latest.
Its a 4+ hour drive for us, add another hour+ for Friday traffic and a boat in tow.........we'll get there after the sun goes down.