• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooper River Run to Locks Fall edition

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we tried this last year and hurricane Joaquine decided that it didn't want us to do it but a few of us are giving it another shot this year as well. We will still have a May run in 2017 as that's an annual tradition for me so if you cant make it don't worry there will be one in May 2017 to start the season. For the fall edition we will be returning to the traditional schedule which will be a one day run starting in Charleston going up the Cooper River going through the Pinopolis having lunch on the boats in the cove (or in front of the Lock if its closed) and returning through the locks and back to Charleston on that same day. This schedule will basically give anyone who wishes a free day on Sunday to explore Charleston by land or water your choice and will also open up Hotel options as you will have vehicle in Charleston. We will be departing at 9:30 am on Saturday September 17th from Charleston and meeting at the mouth of the Cooper river by 10am. I will be using Remley's Point boat landing but depending on where you are coming from there maybe a better one for you to use so I'm not making that the official starting point. Coming into Charleston from the south or on I26 you would probably prefer W.O. Thomas Boat landing You will want to pack a lunch as we plan to only make a short stop on Lake Moultrie for lunch and possibly anyone who needs to refuel. If you have any questions let me know I do understand the kids are back in school by then so I don't expect the turn out to be high but a few of us decided to go and at least wanted to invite everyone.

@veedubtek @Andy S @Ramblin Wreck @tim h @1948Isaac @ACrews @JROD @DieselCamel @bronze_10 @waterboy @spaz1868 @Seadeals @njmr2fan @rkluck @Rob9550 @Julian @justason

Atending
@robert843
@Andy S
@Ramblin Wreck
@DieselCamel
@veedubtek
@justason
@1948Isaac
@Emmett
@ACrews

Schedule

9:30 am Boats in water
10am be at the mouth of the Cooper River
12:30pm enter lock
1pm lunch and refuel
2pm return trip
5pm arrive back in Charleston
Sunday your own schedule

Boat landings in Charleston
https://www.ccprc.com/64/Boat-Landings

Video from 2015 run

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will be there in may 20q7 but I don't think this weekend will work for us... but we had the absolute best time last year in may... my wife announced this needs to be an every year mothers day thing...!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be there in may 20q7 but I don't think this weekend will work for us... but we had the absolute best time last year in may... my wife announced this needs to be an every year mothers day thing...!
For May this year I have been thinking of simple way to make it a Charity run as you mentioned and I think I have an idea that would keep it simple but will release more info later in the year. Was trying to make it something that wouldn't cost a lot of money and voluntary to participate in the charity end and also not involve me having to set up a charity of some kind lol but I think I have a simple way to do it.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 has Saturday boating plans figured out, so I thought I would post my plans for Sunday's boating, everyone is welcome join in all or part of my Sunday plans.

<Edit: My plans for Sunday have changed>
Cindy and I will be staying in the Mount Pleasant area, probably at the Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant or the Holiday Inn Express Mount Pleasant. Sunday we will launch the boat from Remley Launch around 9 am'ish, ride by Patriots Point and head over to Fort Sumter which is in the middle of the Charleston Harbor. After exploring Fort Sumter, if time permits and harbor water conditions are decent enough, we will boat over to Morris Island lighthouse before returning Remley Launch.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 @Andy S do you know anything about watermark bar and grill. Would it be worth considering if the lock is open?
I have not heard of it sorry. I'm not sure if they have docks or not. We had decided to just do a packed lunch in a time savings manner instead of killing an hour or more in a restaurant. I don't mind doing a full stop for fuel and lunch but I will leave it up to the group.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 @Andy S do you know anything about watermark bar and grill. Would it be worth considering if the lock is open?
No I haven't but it sounds nice, good find. The only question, which will be hard to answer, is how long will it take to serve all of us? Going to a restaurant could make for a long day.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I have to work that weekend... Maybe I should call in sick :)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello All.
@robert843
thanks for putting this together and tagging me !! That weekend is free for us and has been scheduled ! Been wanting to be part of this trip for some time now !! Any general idea on Saturday evening in Charleston coming together ?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello All.
@robert843
thanks for putting this together and tagging me !! That weekend is free for us and has been scheduled ! Been wanting to be part of this trip for some time now !! Any general idea on Saturday evening in Charleston coming together ?
@justason since @robert843 has Saturday day plans figured out and I have published my plans for Sunday (which again everyone is welcome to join in for all or part of my plans), maybe you should take the lead on figuring out Saturday night plans.

I just looked at Google Maps for the Watermark Bar & Grill, see below picture, there appears to be a dock boardwalk to the right of the restaurant that might be a place we can tie off at. With this uncertainty, I'm still bringing lunch on my boat but we can go checkout this place to see if it is an option and then decide on the fly if we want to eat there or eat what we brought.

upload_2016-7-25_11-22-14.png

Last edited:

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@justason since @robert843 has Saturday day plans figured out and I have published my plans for Sunday (which again everyone is welcome to join in for all or part of my plans), maybe you should take the lead on figuring out Saturday night plans.

I just looked at Google Maps for the Watermark Bar & Grill, see below picture, there appears to be a dock boardwalk to the right of the restaurant that might be a place we can tie off at. With this uncertainty, I'm still bringing lunch on my boat but we can go checkout this place to see if it is an option and then decide on the fly if we want to eat there or eat what we brought.

View attachment 42354

Yeah, I would like to check it out if everyone is good with it. It's something to do to break up the day.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I would like to check it out if everyone is good with it. It's something to do to break up the day.
If we are just looking for something to break up the day Blacks Fish Camp maybe a better option as they have fuel. If we were to actually plan a stop having fuel there maybe ideal. Blacks is all the way across the lake but it's right at the entrance to the diversion canal so we don't have to go up it they do have a large restaurant and docks as well. The place @Ramblin Wreck picked looks nicer but if anyone needed fuel we would have to make another stop just for that.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All.
@robert843
We can def make that happen hopefully somewhere with tv's since it will be a college football Saturday ;)

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We can def make that happen hopefully somewhere with tv's since it will be a college football Saturday ;)

Well, there might be a side angle to making a stop at the Watermark Bar & Grill. Tech plays Vanderbilt at 12:30 so I was hoping I could catch a few minutes of the game. ;)

Some good night games:

Miss St. vs LSU
Texas A&M vs Auburn
Georgia vs. Missouri
Ohio State vs. Oklahoma
USC(west) vs. Stanford
Texas vs. Cal late night game.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If we are just looking for something to break up the day Blacks Fish Camp maybe a better option as they have fuel. If we were to actually plan a stop having fuel there maybe ideal. Blacks is all the way across the lake but it's right at the entrance to the diversion canal so we don't have to go up it they do have a large restaurant and docks as well. The place @Ramblin Wreck picked looks nicer but if anyone needed fuel we would have to make another stop just for that.
What is the fuel requirements for this river and back? Whats the distance/time i guess..

What does lake moultrie offer? Good water? Stumpy? Shallow? Same question for the river. Solid yellow lines or it have passing zones?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, there might be a side angle to making a stop at the Watermark Bar & Grill. Tech plays Vanderbilt at 12:30 so I was hoping I could catch a few minutes of the game. ;)

Some good night games:

Miss St. vs LSU
Texas A&M vs Auburn
Georgia vs. Missouri
Ohio State vs. Oklahoma
USC(west) vs. Stanford
Texas vs. Cal late night game.
If anyone feels your pain I do I actually have Season tickets to South Carolina and our home opener is at 4pm so I will miss most of the game likely and swallow about $300 on tickets since I'm just giving my tickets to a friend. There is always the espn3 app and I have portable internet ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the fuel requirements for this river and back? Whats the distance/time i guess..

What does lake moultrie offer? Good water? Stumpy? Shallow? Same question for the river. Solid yellow lines or it have passing zones?
From Charleston up the river is aprox 60 miles to the lock maybe just short of that and the lake is 12 miles long. So if we run just the river and clear the lock and have lunch at one of the nice coves right there it would be aprox 125-130 miles round trip. Most of the boats would make it fine but the skis may struggle with that with no refuel. Fuel is only at the lake there is none on the river. The 60 mile on the river is all beautiful South Carolina back country lots of interesting things to see huge ship a nuclear submarine base and many other things. The river is free of debris and stumps so its a great run with only one no wake zone the whole run up so you can cruise at what ever pace you wish also very calm water. Lake Moultrie is 12 miles long and has a marked channel going across that channel is stump and debris free and no worries at all. Everytime I have been on the lake until this past spring it has been fairly calm if the wind is blowing though it can get rough but if its rough on the lake we are likely not clearing the lock as it will be closed if the lake is rough. We will find out in the morning if the lock is open before we leave if it is there are still two restaurants at the end of the river we could stop at and if we are not clearing the lock I see no reason we couldn't stop and eat then as we would be saving an hour or more by not clearing. We would still ride to the base of the lock as it is still a sight to see from the river side. The river really is nice though you can cruise at 25 mph and take it easy or if you like cruise at 50 mph and still feel safe the whole way.