• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quarantine prep complete

View attachment 113622
This was me a couple of days ago. Everyone had carts full of cleaning supplies, paper products, and even HVac filters...

I walked out with 3 bottles of booze and some Tabasco Bloody Mary mix :)

I inventoried my bar yesterday and counted 45 bottles of liquor.

And of course I had to get this...

33AD0CED-49C5-428B-866C-78654F63C4B8.jpeg

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We did a full blown DR test with everyone working from home last Wed. We passed with flying colors so the message came out over the weekend for all Corp associates to work from home. About 25000 people. We don't know yet when that mandate may be lifted.

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NYC here. My coworker was exposed. The deli owner downstairs has it and is currently hospitalized. I think at this point everyone knows someone that has it. The numbers are probably higher then the media reports because I don't think people are being tested. Trains are empty. Most places are closed. I decided that i'm going to start working from home tomorrow. The company hasn't made an official decision, but i'm going ahead to make that decision on my own.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NYC here. My coworker was exposed. The deli owner downstairs has it and is currently hospitalized. I think at this point everyone knows someone that has it. The numbers are probably higher then the media reports because I don't think people are being tested. Trains are empty. Most places are closed. I decided that i'm going to start working from home tomorrow. The company hasn't made an official decision, but i'm going ahead to make that decision on my own.
Not quite that bad here in semi-rural southern indiana yet. Close though.

Went grocery shopping on Sunday for "normal" stuff, and most of the shelves were bare. "fresh" items were mostly untouched, but anything with a shelf life over a week or two was just about gone. We usually keep 2-3 weeks of food in the house anyway, so we're not concerned yet. hoping all the doomsday prepars get this out of their system and shelves will restock within a week or so.

I'm either going to be embarrassed, or really smug about my preparations......I'll let you know how it works out in a week or two.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My daughter works at one of our local HEB grocery stores here in Texas. There have been several times that the stores have reached capacity and lines have formed outside in the parking lot. As one person leaves another is allowed to enter. And of course the shelves are bare of the needed cleaning supplies. She hates going to work anymore.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not quite that bad here in semi-rural southern indiana yet. Close though.

Went grocery shopping on Sunday for "normal" stuff, and most of the shelves were bare. "fresh" items were mostly untouched, but anything with a shelf life over a week or two was just about gone. We usually keep 2-3 weeks of food in the house anyway, so we're not concerned yet. hoping all the doomsday prepars get this out of their system and shelves will restock within a week or so.

I'm either going to be embarrassed, or really smug about my preparations......I'll let you know how it works out in a week or two.
It's not about "doomsday prepper's" or "panic buyers". It's about being smart and getting ahead of the storm knowing its barreling down on you. Seen a lot of smearing and memes pop up lately about people mad other people bought stuff. It's not because they think the world is ending (well some always do) but more so because we know an impending gov't lockdown is going to likely take place. So it makes sense to shop now than wait until the big wave comes and shit really ratchets up. That is when it will be hard to go outside or anywhere without a reason and likely see police stop people on the roads. That's also when you'll likely only get to go to the grocery store or a doctor and that's it. When you go to a grocery store you'll need to wait in a long ass line 3-4 feet apart from anyone else. It's the same situation that is happening in Italy and we are a couple of weeks behind them, so I fully expect shit to get real soon. Can't fault people being smart and buying before it becomes too hard or risky to buy. I expect a gov't lockdown for more than a month. It's the only way I can see us beating this thing because there is no vaccine. Have to limit exposure to people now or our hospitals will collapse.

I've been seeing a lot of restaurants post to provide free lunch to kids while school is closed and that's great and all. The problem is unless they are taking very extreme and smart measures to prevent human contact it's just going to allow for more spreading. I get it kids needs to eat and for some the school lunch is all they have. Restaurants and businesses just need to come up with smart ways of still offering those free meals and services but in a way that it's safe for everyone.

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My main residence is in a county in Ga with over a million people, we have a few confirmed cases but im for sure bugging out to lake country. The kids are doing online school anyways and no confirmed cases at the Lake(Sinclair) Im not panicked about it but im going to be cautious. This is the exact reason I would never live near a city center. I'm riding this thing out on a pair of 1.8ls

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ice. Sometimes I'll make an old fashioned. I have the silicone ice cube trays for the large cubes so all good here!!

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Businesses here in PA are getting shut down. A lot of our customers are shutting down our jobsites so we have a lot of guys not working. My wife is a daycare director and the state hasn't shut them down yet, but it's coming. I can work from home if needed and I have a lot of alcohol at our mountain townhome, so I may just ride this thing out there. Stay safe everyone and please do not look at your 401K.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It's not about "doomsday prepper's" or "panic buyers". It's about being smart and getting ahead of the storm knowing its barreling down on you. Seen a lot of smearing and memes pop up lately about people mad other people bought stuff. It's not because they think the world is ending (well some always do) but more so because we know an impending gov't lockdown is going to likely take place. So it makes sense to shop now than wait until the big wave comes and shit really ratchets up. That is when it will be hard to go outside or anywhere without a reason and likely see police stop people on the roads. That's also when you'll likely only get to go to the grocery store or a doctor and that's it. When you go to a grocery store you'll need to wait in a long ass line 3-4 feet apart from anyone else. It's the same situation that is happening in Italy and we are a couple of weeks behind them, so I fully expect shit to get real soon. Can't fault people being smart and buying before it becomes too hard or risky to buy. I expect a gov't lockdown for more than a month. It's the only way I can see us beating this thing because there is no vaccine. Have to limit exposure to people now or our hospitals will collapse.

I've been seeing a lot of restaurants post to provide free lunch to kids while school is closed and that's great and all. The problem is unless they are taking very extreme and smart measures to prevent human contact it's just going to allow for more spreading. I get it kids needs to eat and for some the school lunch is all they have. Restaurants and businesses just need to come up with smart ways of still offering those free meals and services but in a way that it's safe for everyone.
I didn't panic buy anything. All the american groceries are empty and people are fighting over food. I've been told that the international markets like latin and asian are fine. Maybe i'll go tomorrow and report back what I find.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
City of Dallas just closed all bars, restaurants, gyms, theaters.....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I typically work from home most of the time, so this has been business as usual for me. My team though goes to customer sites to do their work. We service food and bev customers, some power plants, refineries, etc. Most of our customers consider us “mission critical” so we get in, but most contractors don’t. These companies that produce water are balls to the walls right now. I assure you guys in the 13 states I cover, there will be enough water to go around. The only thing that’ll stop these plants is a lack of power right now, or if the cities turn off the water. If things start to go south, they’ll lock the plant down and keep workers sequestered to keep running. Same with the power plants we service. I have 0 doubt supplies will remain available, y’all shouldn’t either. Please follow advice and be reasonable folks, it only makes things worse when you don’t.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
City of Dallas just closed all bars, restaurants, gyms, theaters.....
Detroit (and Michigan) doing the same thing. Not time to panic. Just wish it was warmer so we could get out on the water for a few hours...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
What strikes me is the curve of these graphs. This isn't going to go away, it's gonna get worse before these things level out and go back down.
Can your family survive with you down for the 14 days sick? What if you and your wife get sick? I guess a lot of more advanced cases they require respiratory help via some machines and such. Sure, you'll live, but you gotta be hooked up to stuff to get through it. I hope and pray I am wrong.
Coronacurve.jpg

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What strikes me is the curve of these graphs. This isn't going to go away, it's gonna get worse before these things level out and go back down.
Can your family survive with you down for the 14 days sick? What if you and your wife get sick? I guess a lot of more advanced cases they require respiratory help via some machines and such. Sure, you'll live, but you gotta be hooked up to stuff to get through it. I hope and pray I am wrong.
View attachment 113645
We need to be like St. Louis, not like Philly... see the Spanish Flu

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Make sure you take the time to read this article thoroughly, its long but is data driven and well worth the read. We all need to act NOW! We must Isolate to contain.

Status
Not open for further replies.