• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good on you @biglar155 . Thankfully our daughter is only 10 years old and no boyfriend. We locked our house down last week and are coping but sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me. I'm trying not to get sucked into reading doom and gloom 24/7 as it's not healthy and I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive person so I found myself easily going down that rabbit hole for hours on end searching and reading everything I could which isn't good for my health. Trying to limit checking news only once or twice a day instead of all day. Having to take a half a Xanax to chill me out sometimes which I hate because I don't really like pills. I don't even give two rips about 401k right now. Being alive is more important than retirement or money.

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've started taking Ashwagandha for anxiety, stress, and mental clarity. Supposedly it also helps with testosterone. I buy it off Amazon. I have noticed I can annunciate words quicker and with more ease when speaking to people while taking this stuff.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My son is a sr. In highschool and his spring break started 2 weeks early because of the virus. He told me he and his friends plan to hit the beach at least once a week for three weeks. At first I said hell no then I changed positions and said he can go if he doesn’t drive and at least one of each of their parents gives grants permission for their kid to go. He shut the hell up when I asked him to complete the contact information for such parents because he knows we already talk and it would not take much for me to start a new conversation with additional parents. This probably wouldn’t work if he was in college because he would opt to temporarily stay in an apartment with friends.

When will the president declare this a national emergency and put the entire u.s population under quarantine? My guess is if or when someone close to him is infected and dies. So it could be never or soon.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It already is a declared national emergency hence why the funds and power of the gov't are being released. The national shutdown will come soon I think because of all the fucking moronic spring breakers. It seems most Americans are trying to do their part and self quarantine. The teenagers and 20-somethings though need to wake the fuck up. Excuse my language but damn it pisses me off seeing these dumbass kids on Alabama and Florida beaches partying it up. If my daughter was in college doesn't matter if she's out of the house or not, she would be locked down that's for sure. I don't bend like a lot of parents my age do these days (I'm 42). A lot of my friends who are my age and parents are VERY lax with their kids and I see them walk all over their parents. My daughter is very aware of that even at an early age, daddy don't play when he's serious.

Last edited:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good on you @biglar155 . Thankfully our daughter is only 10 years old and no boyfriend. We locked our house down last week and are coping but sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me. I'm trying not to get sucked into reading doom and gloom 24/7 as it's not healthy and I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive person so I found myself easily going down that rabbit hole for hours on end searching and reading everything I could which isn't good for my health. Trying to limit checking news only once or twice a day instead of all day. Having to take a half a Xanax to chill me out sometimes which I hate because I don't really like pills. I don't even give two rips about 401k right now. Being alive is more important than retirement or money.
I wish we could lock-down completely, but my 2nd daughter has therapy for Anxiety and they haven't canceled that yet - though I think that's happening in a day or so. So my wife and her are still out daily.

Plus side, it's given my wife the opportunity to get to the stores and catch the things we were low on as they restock. (We we got caught with our britches down on the TP thing. The problem has since been resolved.) On the minus side - well, she's out in stores.

She's taking precautions and we agree that as long as she's out she should load up with what she can. That said, a household of 6 (with a 17yo and 12yo boy) goes through a lot of provender and there's only so much room in the freezer..

With Ford and GM shutting down, my company is going to take a hit, but I'm barely even worried about that - and it was obvious we'd be impacted long before Ford and GM made any announcements.

I join others in getting a bit anxious. I'm trying not to show it in front of the kids but my frustration with Katie yesterday had me boiling over.

My morning routine has turned into "Make Breakfast, Make Coffee, check the Bing and JH maps to see how they compare (always off by a little), calculate the death %, get to work".

I really feel split-personality with this. Sometimes I'm anxious, other times I'm at peace. I'll admit, I'm more anxious than the other way around.

Find some distractions, try to stay positive. Be smart. (I'm avoiding my wood-shop right now. A trip to the hospital with an injury is probably not a good idea.)

And whatever you do, do NOT mistake a block of old cheddar cheese for a bar of soap: Woman Mistakes Block Of Cheese For 'Fancy Soap'

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And could we please chill with the political stuff? Everyone's anxious and stressed enough over this. We're here to commiserate. I don't want to see this board start tearing itself apart.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I started drinking Basil Hayden's at 2:30 yesterday! Man, I thought to myself I can't make this a habit for the unforeseen future!!
Try drinking Scotch in the morning...Johnny Walker Black has a very “breakfast taste” to it :)

In other news; my wife is an ER nurse and after being exposed to several Covid19 patients, her symptoms started Monday and was sent home on a paid 2-week quarantine.

She feels a little worse today, but still no cough or fever (everything else though). The kids and I presumably have it as well. I had a headache and slightly sore throat yesterday, but feel better today.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Try drinking Scotch in the morning...Johnny Walker Black has a very “breakfast taste” to it :)

In other news; my wife is an ER nurse and after being exposed to several Covid19 patients, her symptoms started Monday and was sent home on a paid 2-week quarantine.

She feels a little worse today, but still no cough or fever (everything else though). The kids and I presumably have it as well. I had a headache and slightly sore throat yesterday, but feel better today.
My wife is in health care as well.
Hang in there brotha'!
This too, shall pass!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve had a scratchy throat and sniffles for a week or so but it’s pollen season here so likely the culprit. No muscle aches, no fever (I check often throughout the day lol), no shortness of breath etc.

I did read some articles today about not using ibuprofen for this virus as it seems to aggravate it but hell what do you take if you need to control a fever since you generally alternate Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I think the article said something about Nsaids reacting in a bad way with the virus but hell I’ve read so much I can’t even tell you where or what I read. It gets hard trying to find the misinformation and fake news vs real information.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Something for members with adult children/college children (18 or older) whether living at home or not to consider are advanced health care directives. Without one signed by your child you as a parent will not be able to make medical decisions for them in the event they get sick and become incapacitated such that they cannot make the decision for themselves. Without such a directive their MD is not obligated to share their medical status with you. As I recall the MD and other practitioners are prohibited from sharing such information with you or anyone unless the proper paper work is in place. If you are preparing for the worst but hoping for the best don’t forget about the paper work.

The same is true of college grades, that is, my son has to sign a form allowing the college to share his grades with me. That said, that form is the first one he will be completing when the time comes.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They already said
Something for members with adult children/college children (18 or older) whether living at home or not to consider are advanced health care directives. Without one signed by your child you as a parent will not be able to make medical decisions for them in the event they get sick and become incapacitated such that they cannot make the decision for themselves. Without such a directive their MD is not obligated to share their medical status with you. As I recall the MD and other practitioners are prohibited from sharing such information with you or anyone unless the proper paper work is in place. If you are preparing for the worst but hoping for the best don’t forget about the paper work.

The same is true of college grades, that is, my son has to sign a form allowing the college to share his grades with me. That said, that form is the first one he will be completing when the time comes.
They said they are not enforcing the HIPAA regulations with this. So that healthcare back to the wild Wild West.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I just got out of the NY first responders Covid-19 meeting.
Most people get dry cough then 3 or 4 days later get high fever 104 to 107 that’s when old people can not regulate there body temp and some expire. During the 3 or 4 days after the cough you feel great so you spread it then. Mostly on surface, can live 3 days on hard surfaces like stainless.
then when you eat or touch your nose or rub your eyes you get it. Hand sanitizer is about 80% affective it leaves 20 percent on your hands, so wash them whenever you get somewhere, before you eat, before bed, when you wake up, and once a hour.
Take your shoes off outside, don’t bring the virus inside your house, if someone spit or coughed and you step on it you are carrying it.
There is a protein and fat that the virus needs so when you wash it off your hands there it goes.

This is taking out whole fire dept’s and police departments because of quarantines.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our area officially locked down
99674EF4-E93C-45B6-AED0-B348C7A41A18.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They already said

They said they are not enforcing the HIPAA regulations with this. So that healthcare back to the wild Wild West.
Sorry, I must have missed that in the continuing storm of news I’ve been exposed to lately. I’d like to know who “They” are so I’ll go check it out now.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The president said it in a news conference and confirmed it with someone standing there.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Macallan used to have a French oak finish which was awesome little sweet taste as it finished that was great in the morning. But after single malts took off they switched it to a 15-year French oak reserve and jacked the price a bit it never tasted as good as when it was a 12.
Balvenie had a 15yr, cask strength that was great for dinner and after.
But that is why I can’t drink anymore with a bottle+ a day you can beat up your liver.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I dont know you, but i think we just became best friends.

Thats how my "prepping" went. Store across from work... went in to get a few things to stretch.... it was a zoo. So, grabbed two 30 pks and a bottle of scotch, and bailed.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Can’t divulge details, for obvious reasons, but let’s just say there is some disturbing news that will be coming out of the new testing, bad on many levels.
Basically - the $hit is about to hit the fan.

(Now, that also includes fly over country).

Any idea on when the info will be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.