• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I simply posted something that even if remotely true, sucks. I'm not trying to make an argument with the link. These are young kids. Who want to be pro athletes, or at least depend on sports for an education. And now they have a heart disease. Even if it is one dude, it sucks.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I simply posted something that even if remotely true, sucks. I'm not trying to make an argument with the link. These are young kids. Who want to be pro athletes, or at least depend on sports for an education. And now they have a heart disease. Even if it is one dude, it sucks.
I apologize but this seems to never end on one side....why is this not happening at Clemson, Alabama, Southern high schools, etc? They are in the middle of preparing for the season to open yet no huge health scares coming out of the ACC, SEC, high schools, etc.

And this just happens to come out when the big ten is reconsidering.....then obviously the numbers are not even right and based on verbals to begin with.

Personally i couldn’t care less if college or pro football play or not.......but the choice should be the players whether they want to risk covid or not.

It is interesting though.....all the states where high school sports & college sports continue yet not one athlete has died.......Maybe there is something to the school-age kids not getting it bad, if they get it at all?

The Michigan governor wouldn’t budge on lifting her ban of sports, now out of the blue she does a 180 and reverses Just today......could it be her “science and data” she has sworn by During this whole event is even telling her its ok for these kids to proceed?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
High School football has started here in TX. 4A and down are playing right now with 5A and 6A to begin in the next few weeks. Based on last Friday, this will be a shit show in a few weeks. It looked like there was never a virus. People in stands were not socially distanced. Very few had masks on, Bands were in the stands and playing, and the stands were pretty full. This was at the 4A level. Basically it was opposite of anything that is required at the retail or restaurant level.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Someone directly exposed to COVID all day every day getting it in spite of wearing a mask does not mean they don’t work. Have you caught it?
I know 1 dr that works in a hospital and he rotates covering covid patients in ICU since May and hasn’t caught it. It’s not because of a superhuman immune system.
perhaps It’s a breech in safety and protocols that have delivered him to his conclusions about the efficacy of masks. if healthcare workers get Covid despite wearing proper PPE there must be a vulnerability Somewhere in the process. Especially if it occurs often. In my facility, Like many, strict guidance and protocols have been in place due to Covid.
most of what we learned from the attrition rate of healthcare workers in Europe was posted in the journal of emergency medicine. It’s basically spells out what works and what contributed to the high exposure rate among medical personnel.
for minimizing aerosol particles Specifically, absolutely no bipap transports, all intubations are to follow RSI protocols, all nebulizers are converted to MDIs, signage on patient doors reminding staff of Cpap/bipap, usage. And the need for eye protection in addition to wearing an n95 mask. A negative catscan, negative swab is needed before bipap is ordered and only in a negative pressure room. However, not all facilities have a uniform way of handling Covid. I have been informed from frontliners that work at other local hospitals of breeches their protocols. Rooms being sanitized without waiting a certain amount of time afterward before admitting another patient. Bipap transports throughout the hospital. It is a constant fight that requires diligence. There have been occurrences where physician and mid level orders have been trumped when they conflict with established safety guidelines.
I happen to be in contact with employee health daily. Our numbers of exposures remain low. ED, ICU, Respiratory Care, and Covid floors are closely monitored.
it is unrealistic to assume all healthcare workers practice the same level of compliance off the clock or even have the same attitude towards Covid in general. Just because a frontline employee has an exposure does not automatically indicate it was work related. And the opposite is equally true. Observing, enforcing, And practicing safety measures In the clinical setting Is key in order to reduce exposures and attrition of healthcare workers. There are many variables that account for exposures. It easy to blame a mask and ignore possible causes. The low exposure numbers tells me so.
Of the many Covid patients I treated, I remain negative for antibodies. In my department, two tested positive. One was from a direct patient contact from the very first days of Covid. A time when we allowed patients to refuse swabs. And did not have safety measures in place. they were intubated, placed on a vent, survived a code, and is still out on medical leave. The second was hospitalized after returning from vacation, and has been on home oxygen for weeks. Most likely will require pulmonary rehab.

Last edited:

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
High School football has started here in TX. 4A and down are playing right now with 5A and 6A to begin in the next few weeks. Based on last Friday, this will be a shit show in a few weeks. It looked like there was never a virus. People in stands were not socially distanced. Very few had masks on, Bands were in the stands and playing, and the stands were pretty full. This was at the 4A level. Basically it was opposite of anything that is required at the retail or restaurant level.
Local football game. Pic taken from HS band member posted on Reddit.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone directly exposed to COVID all day every day getting it in spite of wearing a mask does not mean they don’t work. Have you caught it?
I know 1 dr that works in a hospital and he rotates covering covid patients in ICU since May and hasn’t caught it. It’s not because of a superhuman immune system.
I hate to tell you the actually difference in how much time Dr"s spend with the patients VS the nurses. Docs aren't in the patients face moving and turning them. The Dr's time is minuscule!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hate to tell you the actually difference in how much time Dr"s spend with the patients VS the nurses. Docs aren't in the patients face moving and turning them. The Dr's time is minuscule!
Haha, ya as an occasional patient I do understand that. But over months it’s still a lot of exposure.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
True. We don’t spend as much in there as nurses and techs. But even the nurses and techs in our system have had a very low infection rate. Masks work.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pickens county? Don’t know was posted on Reddit
Geez. They are going to play an abbreviated season up here in Wisconsin, but only 2 tix per player, spread out. Same for other sports, not just football.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Geez. They are going to play an abbreviated season up here in Wisconsin, but only 2 tix per player, spread out. Same for other sports, not just football.
That sounds like they, (Wisconsin), are easing into normalcy instead of all at once approach. I hope we all move forward safety.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
True. We don’t spend as much in there as nurses and techs. But even the nurses and techs in our system have had a very low infection rate. Masks work.
i can personally attest to this. In addition, there have been no occurrences where staff has spread Covid to patients that upon admission tested negative. a fact that proves simply a mask, along with PPE, and safety protocols work. We are basically running two hospitals simultaneously. We treat Covid and isolate them and at the same time separate out the non Covid. ICU has both populations. Phlebotomist, Respiratory Care Practitioners, x-Ray techs, and many more ancillary staff travel between both sets of patient populations. And still no increase in numbers. And guess what? you know I have already said it before, mask do work, and continue to work. To state otherwise, I would strongly urge one to look deeper into the circumstances.

Last edited:

Priceisright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gun prices are way up with covid. Good time to reduce the collection

Rockfords Fosgate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Vaccine Update
There are 9 Covid/Wuhan/China vaccine phase 3 trials underway. AstraZeneca's just got put on hold.

.."suspected serious adverse reaction in a participant in the United Kingdom."

link

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Interesting how the NFL is not reporting any outbreaks. Over 100 players spitting and breathing all over each other daily and no big name players down with it. It's obvious it exists but these days I have No clue what to believe. Am I the only one pissed off these days?????

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Today on the Boston sports radio show they were laughing how numbers are being posted suggesting the Sturgis bike rally, a peaceful event, led to 260,000 COVID-19 cases. The rally may have generated a public health cost of about $12.2 billion. All because this was a Trump supporter event. Then they said what you fail to hear about is how many cases were generated from all the riots and rallies over the past few months or the damage costs to those cities.
This is where I get pissed off. We are constantly being fed things to support a narrative and people just dont see it. They use the Virus to gloss over all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.