• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crab Island Destin FL Gathering

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it is the 18th , i think i can make it if i dont endup going to bimini...

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I might be up there!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will continue to monitor to see when y'all decide to come this way. Main thing I have to juggle is my son's swim meets (Swim Season for the High School has recently kicked off). And our wedding anniversary is Oct 18th, but I'm sure I could convince the wife to go out during the day.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I only had a freaking trailer!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone still thinking about this?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Anyone still thinking about this?
Hopefully EVERYONE is...I just found out last night my nieces will be in town to stay with their grandparents. What a flipping mess...They come in from Atlanta Friday and leave Sunday and will be staying with my wife's parents (their grandparents). So my wife knows we're going to Crab Island that day but doesn't tell her Mom that when her mom calls and asks if we can take the nieces out on the boat Saturday. Her parents won't go on the boat anymore, they have some issues that keep them on land. So, I see it like this.
Option 1. We go to Crab Island with the nieces on Saturday and they are back at the grandparents Saturday night.
Option 2. We don't take them with us and we only see them Friday night and Sunday Morning. (fine with me, they are coming to see the grandparents mainly anyway... they just get no boat time)
My wife's thought process:
Cancel the crab island trip and stay local with them to keep her parents happy.
The only thing that is gained by staying local is they will have a few extra hours with the grandparents since we likely wouldn't be out as long as we would with the crab island trip. I know we would be home by 5 or so, I wouldn't want to push towards dark too far.
I'll work the logic with her again tonight and I'm 99% certain we're still a go!

What are you thinking Waylon? @JetBoatPilot ?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This Saturday my son has a High School Swim Meet in.....Panama City!! Dadgummit. We'll be at Frank Brown Park all day. Next Saturday my daughter has a function too, but I'm not sure on the time.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This Saturday my son has a High School Swim Meet in.....Panama City!! Dadgummit. We'll be at Frank Brown Park all day. Next Saturday my daughter has a function too, but I'm not sure on the time.
I think my good friend Brett is running that meet at Frank Brown this Saturday. He's with the Panama City Swim Team PCST.....probably has a megaphone bossing people around all weekend LOL.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As long as the weather is good I'm all for it.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think my good friend Brett is running that meet at Frank Brown this Saturday. He's with the Panama City Swim Team PCST.....probably has a megaphone bossing people around all weekend LOL.
No kidding? Well tell him to cancel the meet now! Haha.We were there last week too, for a meet. Guy with the megaphone was barking orders at people. No, he was keeping everything running smooth.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No kidding? Well tell him to cancel the meet now! Haha.We were there last week too, for a meet. Guy with the megaphone was barking orders at people. No, he was keeping everything running smooth.
GQ looking triathlete type? Probably was Brett...LOL...He lives for that megaphone! But it seems like a huge job coordinating all that, some of those meets are huge. He's the reason folks call me Big Shasta....Geeze, that been 15+ years ago.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am ministering at the prison Saturday the 18th so I won't be able to make it then. I really want to do a gathering though. Is there another weekend that will work.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am ministering at the prison Saturday the 18th so I won't be able to make it then. I really want to do a gathering though. Is there another weekend that will work.
Dangit man...What you are doing is way more important though. This is my last chance before it gets cold. I'm out on 30 Oct to Japan for a month. We'll do it in the spring for sure. Hopefully you can make it then.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ten fo. Let's get started planning this now. Maybe in April or May so the water is warm.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Fixing to run a recon mission at Crab Island for you guys, muhahahaha... My brother is in town with his family so we are fixing to head out there. Because of a busy schedule, it's been a freaking month since I've been able to put the boat in the water.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful day, it was hard for me not to put the boat in the water today....

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had to show the Yamaha Logo...hope the weather is this nice for the meet. I will say the water was a little chilly at Crab Island. I went and anchored out in the Gulf to snorkel and the water was warmer out there.

GOPR0418_1412952613367_high.JPG

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This was us today:
I don't always blow off work on a Friday, But when I do, I Jetboat ALL DAY.

Stayed out and watched the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico even.

Docked for lunch, sitting at our table...Laila was pissed she couldn't come eat.

Almost had Shell Island all to ourselves.