• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dock Blockers

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was at the front of the pull off to prep area yesterday morning. Guy hauling a 25'+ twin engine boat pulled up behind me while I was prepping, then deciding to go around me and into the line to launch to prep his boat. Essentially when he did this, he blocked others from getting through to pull their boats out and he skipped others that would've been next in line to launch. On top of this, he decides to get out of his boat and walk over to the ramp to yell at a boat for pulling in when he was wanting to launch...mind you he wasn't anywhere near that particular ramp.

Anyways, such a C.F. he caused.
And that's how a fight breaks out lol

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn brother, I didn't see your post until I just had to read upward... That wasn't aimed toward you, I apologize. Out here, we see 100 ppl on a boat and the only one that knows how to drive is also the only one who can back a trailer. It's so damn frustrating. We always seem to be stuck behind the guy who has toddler/infant kids that load on the boat like he's trying to herd cats.

Also we have these families that block the boat trailer parking with their cars (slammed, clapped out Corollas or Sentras) blasting Mariachi music. There usually about 50-60 of them crowding around the ramp and picnic area around it, switching out across 4 jet skis. They are blasting around the no-wake area, blocking the ramps while they switch drivers and jackets.
LOL, I never felt that it was directed toward me; no need for any apologies, my man! I know the feeling, it's very annoying when there are plenty of able-bodied people, and seemingly no one knows what's going on, or what to do. Kids do add another element to the situation, especially when they're too young to understand danger, but old enough to get into it. But, we load and unload them in the staging lanes, so we can get in/out of the ramp area quickly.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn brother, I didn't see your post until I just had to read upward... That wasn't aimed toward you, I apologize. Out here, we see 100 ppl on a boat and the only one that knows how to drive is also the only one who can back a trailer. It's so damn frustrating. We always seem to be stuck behind the guy who has toddler/infant kids that load on the boat like he's trying to herd cats.

Also we have these families that block the boat trailer parking with their cars (slammed, clapped out Corollas or Sentras) blasting Mariachi music. There usually about 50-60 of them crowding around the ramp and picnic area around it, switching out across 4 jet skis. They are blasting around the no-wake area, blocking the ramps while they switch drivers and jackets.
What I meant to say was that I drive a slammed, clapped out Corrola, and love Mariachi music when my extended family/friends take my jet skis out....😂😂 But seriously, you paint a picture most of us have seen in some variation or another.

P.S., I'm kidding, I don't have a Corrola. It's Civic...😆

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
What I meant to say was that I drive a slammed, clapped out Corrola, and love Mariachi music when my extended family/friends take my jet skis out....😂😂 But seriously, you paint a picture most of us have seen in some variation or another.

P.S., I'm kidding, I don't have a Corrola. It's Civic...😆
LMFAO Priceless!!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Gotta love this crew. All three from the same boat, busy ramp Sunday at 10:30AM. Yes the truck is parked.

82ECCF13-887D-4376-BD8E-0E409DAD156C.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Friday afternoon, local ramp... A guy next in line to retrieve is on his phone, the truck in front of him pulls off, he sits for about 3 whole minutes. I back around him, back down the ramp, pump the brake, the boat and wife slide safely into the water and drift away while I go park... LESS THAN 2 MINUTES... I'm walking back after parking my truck, and he's finally backing down the ramp, he stops and rolls his window down and proceeds to yell at me saying "I guess we don't fuckin take turns anymore?!?!" I said, I sat for a few minutes and waited for you, you didn't move, I figured you were doing something else. He said he was waiting his turn. Whatever. My wife came around and picked me up from the side dock, and as we were pulling away, his buddy was coming in with his boat, HE WASNT EVEN READY!!! His buddy was still way out on the lake. My wife and I sat and watched this douche for about 10 minutes while those 2 tried to load that boat back up on the trailer. What a shitshow. I really hate when people act like this. Being out on the boat is our relaxing time, it shouldn't be so stressful. If you're like this at the ramp, maybe boating isn't for you.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotta love this crew. All three from the same boat, busy ramp Sunday at 10:30AM. Yes the truck is parked.

View attachment 184061
I know we are supposed to let things slide and enjoy the time on our boats, but people like this who are inconsiderate to everyone else really irks me.
Granted, they could be new to the whole thing, but you can usually tell the new folks and the ones that don't care from a mile away.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know we are supposed to let things slide and enjoy the time on our boats, but people like this who are inconsiderate to everyone else really irks me.
Granted, they could be new to the whole thing, but you can usually tell the new folks and the ones that don't care from a mile away.
You know I see the same inconsiderate behavior at the store, at the ramp, at the gas station, everywhere. It almost feels like it getting worse.....