• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Emergency battery Switch

Pedro dejesus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello A Team.... I have a 242 with the typical two battery set up. I have encountered a problem where all of a sudden the boat will only turn on(crank) when the parallel switch is on. Both batteries are fully charged and have been load tested. When both engines are on and I disengage the parallel switch(off) the boat goes into protect mode. I am thinking that the switch has gone bad. Any suggestions?

Attachments

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are all the battery cables attached? Maybe one was left off. Other than that do a continuity test on the switches.

LeeMan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello A Team.... I have a 242 with the typical two battery set up. I have encountered a problem where all of a sudden the boat will only turn on(crank) when the parallel switch is on. Both batteries are fully charged and have been load tested. When both engines are on and I disengage the parallel switch(off) the boat goes into protect mode. I am thinking that the switch has gone bad. Any suggestions?
I am having the exact same problem. Both batteries are fairly new and have 13.14 volts and i can only start the boat using the start battery on emergency switched on. I think the house battery switch is bad. The entire unit is $231 which is rediculous. I need to just replace 1 of the switches. Anyone else run into this problem?

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello, I have the same issue with batteries. Batteries are fully charge. But engines start only in parallel Mode. Any one found out how to resolve this issue?

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am having the exact same problem. Both batteries are fairly new and have 13.14 volts and i can only start the boat using the start battery on emergency switched on. I think the house battery switch is bad. The entire unit is $231 which is rediculous. I need to just replace 1 of the switches. Anyone else run into this problem?
Why Do you think House switch but not Start is bad?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is the test procedure out of a 2020 shop manual for a 210 FSH.

This procedure should help you identify the problem. Beyond checking the battery terminals for proper connectivity, a multimeter will be handy so you can check continuity through the various switch terminals.

CF132709-E2C2-49AD-8656-63584724B4D7.jpeg

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What did you find was the problem?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you find out what the problem was?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
A Charged battery does not equal to capacity. Just measuring voltage indicates a surface charge but is not a load test. Get the start battery tested.

Bogus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is the test procedure out of a 2020 shop manual for a 210 FSH.

This procedure should help you identify the problem. Beyond checking the battery terminals for proper connectivity, a multimeter will be handy so you can check continuity through the various switch terminals.

View attachment 138592
Thank you for the help, I will use this procedure to check switches

ansonamis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I am having the same problem on 2014 242 limited s. Battery charge and voltage are on good. When I first launch the battery the last 5 times I have to turn the emergency switch on to start. After I run it for a little while and let it sit for 20 to 30 min. I have to do the same. But if I am killing and starting it when I am pulling someone on tube or board I do not have use emergency switch. Any ideas?

Seno

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
This is good information! So how do the switches (or switch) come apart to add another line which will be switched? I am adding 2 led lights and want to make sure they cant accidently be left on. I am guessing just unscrew the Philips head screws and pull the lever & cover off? Any info would be appreciated, boat is a 2022 212