• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine bay soundproofing disintegrating and falling on top of engines

Salt Air

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a Yamaha 2018 242 Limited SE.
Has anyone had to replace the soundproofing on the engine bay cover? My soundproofing has totally disintegrated and is falling on top of the engines. Does anyone know of any soundproofing that can replace this? I checked with the dealer and their foam package for the cover cost around $500.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a Yamaha 2018 242 Limited SE.
Has anyone had to replace the soundproofing on the engine bay cover? My soundproofing has totally disintegrated and is falling on top of the engines. Does anyone know of any soundproofing that can replace this? I checked with the dealer and their foam package for the cover cost around $500.
If you use the search engine there are several threads on the subject…. Here’s a good one.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am surprised a 2018 sound insulation is going bad. My 2007 just started to “powder” this year.

I would get it off while you still can rip off large chunks-wear a mask and cover your engines with a tarp. The black stuff gets everywhere.