• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

EPNOC Grease

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s the stuff. I had some water intrusion on mine but caught it early and flushed grease. I think I used 1/2 the bottle. Maybe a little more. I’d probably buy 2 bottles to be safe if doing both pumps.
don’t forget to replace the o-rings

That is the grease.
One of those containers is indeed just barely enough for two pumps.

Did mine this past weekend one is just barely enough to do both cut the top of the tube off and scraped the remnants out with a plastic spoon

That’s the stuff. I had some water intrusion on mine but caught it early and flushed grease. I think I used 1/2 the bottle. Maybe a little more. I’d probably buy 2 bottles to be safe if doing both pumps.
don’t forget to replace the o-rings

Thanks for the quick and informative reply! I was wondering how many tubes it would take to service those bearings. O rings are ordered!

Did mine this past weekend one is just barely enough to do both cut the top of the tube off and scraped the remnants out with a plastic spoon

Thanks! I ordered two bottles.

Are you all talking about the grease in the cones? I’ve never done anything with mine so this has gotten me motivated. If so, can you tell me which O Rings I should order for 2012 242 Limited S? Thanks!!

Are you all talking about the grease in the cones? I’ve never done anything with mine so this has gotten me motivated. If so, can you tell me which O Rings I should order for 2012 242 Limited S? Thanks!!

Have a look here.

This is where I get the majority of my oem parts from.

1623152504951.png

Anyone know a store like Babbitts that has all Yamaha parts and service items , thats located in Canada or ships to Canada ?

@swatski do you use the LocTite 518 to seal the flanges?

The service manual calls for loctite 518. Loctite and permatex are actually the same company now and even have a cross reference chart.
I used the permatex equivalent “anaerobic gasket maker” most auto parts stores have it in stock.
try to find the 50ml tube. The 6ml tube is nowhere near enough. The 50ml will have plenty left over. Think it was $17

Where do you use the Loctite 518 at?
on the O-ring flange?
please explain or show picture.

The o-ring on the cone gets greased with waterproof grease.
the 518 or permatex is for sealing the flanges where the pump meets the wear ring and the nozzle. All info is in the Yamaha factory service manual. Well worth the investment if you do a lot of your own work.

ok thanks. So the 518 has nothing to do with the cone.

the 518 is for metal to metal flange around the 6" opening for example.

I do have a manual and dont remember that 518, will need to look.
That has always been a dry metal to metal connection for me the many times I have taken it apart and reassembled.

The o-ring on the cone gets greased with waterproof grease.
the 518 or permatex is for sealing the flanges where the pump meets the wear ring and the nozzle. All info is in the Yamaha factory service manual. Well worth the investment if you do a lot of your own work.
OK, stupid question. Where can I buy the manual?

OK, stupid question. Where can I buy the manual?
Try the search tool. I found one for a 2011 242 which I downloaded for my 2012. I tried uploading it but I get a notice that it's too large of a file.

Last edited:
ok thanks. So the 518 has nothing to do with the cone.

the 518 is for metal to metal flange around the 6" opening for example.

I do have a manual and dont remember that 518, will need to look.
That has always been a dry metal to metal connection for me the many times I have taken it apart and reassembled.
Yes. The 518 or equivalent is for the metal to metal. Might be different on your boat, but I don’t think the pump design has changed much

Back