• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

FFS when did boats become soooo expensive!

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was surfing the local buy/sell/trade and came upon this. Maybe I’m out of touch with prices these days but how could a 26’ boat be this much. My mind is officially blown.

IMG_0279.jpeg

Have you priced cars and houses lately ??

I don’t know much about wake boats but I’m assuming that’s the cats ass when it comes to wake sports??

There’s an ass for every seat….

I don’t know much about wake boats but I’m assuming that’s the cats ass when it comes to wake sports??
X boats are their top of the line boats, it's also their biggest at 26'. And yes it doesn't take much for wake boats to be over 300k now a days. Pretty much ever since 2020 they've skyrocketed in price. Even the "cheap" budget boats are over 100k MSRP. I think maybe some of the WT models for Heyday MAY be under 100k.

I didn't pay that much for my house, thats insane

Same with performance boats. $200-300k is on the lower end for a performance go fast boat from a custom manufacturer like Eliminator, Howard, Cobra, etc.

Last edited:
How bout this shit?? $269 for a 1 day lift ticket. How the hell does a family of 4 ski a couple days at Vail???

IMG_5660.png

Hey, but you SAVE $30!!!

We went to Vail two years ago and I don’t remember lift tickets being that expensive…

they pretty much force you to buy some version of the epic pass....early.
we made an unplanned trip to beaver creek in 2019, 4 day pass was 180/day, purchased about a week before arrival...think walk-up price was 199/day.
going to keystone in jan, 4 day pass was 75/day, purchased oct 11th. think at that time, the pass that included vail would have been about 90/day.
the lodging prices around vail/beaver creek make the 269 lift tickets seem like a deal. i didn't see many places that were remotely reasonable for 6 ppl....like 5 figures+ for most places first week in jan.

I get the military Epic PAss every year, but I would choke on the price for an Epic Pass for a family for non military prices!! We go every year mid Dec. Lodging is much cheaper. Only downside is the back bowls will be closed. Even if there is plenty of snow they keep them closed. It's either lack of work force to groom and man the bowls or my theory is they save the snow for the Christmas week. I found a good VRBO for the second week of Jan that has a dedicated shuttle, so we are doiing that also. Plan to get a couple days in at Beaver Creek

Only downside is the back bowls will be closed. Even if there is plenty of snow they keep them closed.

Poppyfields East and Poppyfields West were my two favorite runs - wide open and fast when groomed.

Poppyfields East and Poppyfields West were my two favorite runs - wide open and fast when groomed.
Ha! My favorite is right next to those, Shangri-La is freakin awesome. Always can find some untouched powder in there and good mix of tight and open trees.

I remember going to vail for $80 all day pass. But my favorite is copper mountain half the cost, less traffic lol

And here I am thinking a spring upgrade to an AR250 at $60 was ridiculous.

Isn't $300k Pavati territory?

The tribute to the Mouse is insane as well. The other Orlando parks are just as bad.

1701111861160.png

The prices of ANYTHING are insane right now. Trucks, boats, houses, lift tickets, parks, fuel, etc.... If we didn't buy what we did when we did, we sure as hell wouldn't have them now. It's easy to blame the Covid years but it's true. People paid whatever crazy prices that were asked for everything because they were suddenly "outdoorsmen/women". The amount of people in the lift lines, boat ramps, theme park lines, short term rentals, between 2019-2023 was not reality and they are now figuring out that they need to pay the debt now. Whether it is the boat, truck, sprinter van, motorcycle payment or the mortgage on the cabin that was going to be the big "money maker". Going to be a slow in the economy for awhile.

Generally, new boats in the 21’+ group have ALWAYS been expensive.

That said, the price of new Yamaha’s are relatively affordable!

Jim

And here I am thinking a spring upgrade to an AR250 at $60 was ridiculous.

Isn't $300k Pavati territory?
A used one, maybe, not a new Pavati. They're approaching $500k now and in some instances they are $500k depending on how they outfit them.

Back