• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally! 195s

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Mike Cardillo - Is there an opening between the swim deck radio and the battery compartment or did you need to drill a hole?
You can normally fish wiring from there to the engine compartment and then to the battery area. There are holes at the top for cables.

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
There is a gap at the top of the divider where I was able to pass the wires through. It's a pain to get to - I actually had to climb into the under seat compartment and push wires through. I then took out the rear platform cup holder and used a hanger to find/grab the wires. Once I had the wire to the cup holder I could put a hand through the rear remote hole and reach over to the cupholder. Not fun to do but possible and no holes to drill.

christophervirgo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There is a gap at the top of the divider where I was able to pass the wires through. It's a pain to get to - I actually had to climb into the under seat compartment and push wires through. I then took out the rear platform cup holder and used a hanger to find/grab the wires. Once I had the wire to the cup holder I could put a hand through the rear remote hole and reach over to the cupholder. Not fun to do but possible and no holes to drill.
Thank you for the advice!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
He is correct the best place to mount amps will be behind driver helm. It'll be out of the way, and not take up storage space. However, you are also correct in that the rear head unit does control the system not the touchscreen. It's no problem you'll just need to run long lengths of wire. I did my amps under port rear seat where battery is, but I do wish I would have put them up in helm. Same sentence though I like them where they are because under that seat is all my electronics, and easy routing of wires (power, ground, speaker, and tower wiring). Leaving me under helm for easy access storage. It's a catch 22 basically. Figure out what and where you want to store stuff is the best option first. Then decide where to mount things. Here's my pic of amps. Under the rack I built is all my wiring, batteries (3), Noco charger, and switch. The rack hides it all for a super clean look...

View attachment 120502

View attachment 120503
Hoyt, you should start a travel install business, beautiful work. What are the two smaller units in the left of the photo?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Was able to use the boat a lot this weekend. LOVE IT. I did order the Cobra Jet Steering after trying to control the thing at slow speed. I traded a scarab for this boat so I am accustomed to jet boats. I must say the Scarab is infinitely easier to drive at slow speed. The difference is that when in neutral the scarab scoop acts as a thruster - if you turn it directs flow to either side. This allows you great control whenever you shift into neutral. The scarab will actually spin in a circle when in neutral if you turn wheel. As you all know, with the Yamaha there is essentially no steering when in neutral.

Also, a quick note on the wakebooster. My 27 year old daughter was the only one brave enough to surf (COLD WATER). She actually felt that the boat was easier to surf without the booster. We didn't get the time to fine tune things and truly experiment but this was surprising. Once the water is warmer I will do some experimentation and post some videos plus a review. On a positive note, she had no trouble going rope-less on the 195.
What if any do you have for extra ballast? Sid you start with the 19' wake surf package?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hoyt, you should start a travel install business, beautiful work. What are the two smaller units in the left of the photo?
They are wetsounds distribution blocks for power and ground with 300 amp fuses

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
They are wetsounds distribution blocks for power and ground with 300 amp fuses
Will have to look into those.