• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Financing a 2015 AR240 - $400 financing fee from the bank?

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm supposed to hear back tomorrow. If things aren't in my favor I'll def be calling the other dealership I was recommended to originally even though they are hours away. Thank you for all the help guys!
No problem and best of luck to you again. If you don't mind, keep us all posted how it pans out. I know it could be valuable information for future buyers if the dealership screws around with you. Matter of fact... you may want to mention to them that your experience is posted in a jetboat forum. Some people just don't get that when you screw over a customer that word travels.

RegezM3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very true! I'm currently dealing with Irwin Marine in Laconia, NH as they are the closest dealer to me and I will be primarily using the boat in New Hampshire. I have not heard back from them as of yet.... they should be contacting me today and I will be sure to share my experience.

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
lol coincidentally a 'WTF' situation just happened to me just this morning on my boat purchase just a day after talking about all this. My credit union called (mind you I signed the papers and received the check 3 weeks ago) and told me "sorry there are two papers we forgot to have you sign and oh yeah there was a $15 lien fee we forgot to collect from you for the engines and trailer". I had to make sure it wasn't April 1st when I heard it, thought I would share my misfortune so you know your not alone.

Maybe next time I play a game of Monopoly I should tell everyone AFTER we start they owe me a $50 roll-the-dice fee....

RegezM3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I got the 2.99 percent (they just called)... They are trying to track down a blue one for me but I may have to get the gray instead as that's what avail in their showroom. I like both colors equally and it seems that build out is taking some people more than 6 weeks from what I hear! Is that true?

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I got the 2.99 percent (they just called)... They are trying to track down a blue one for me but I may have to get the gray instead as that's what avail in their showroom. I like both colors equally and it seems that build out is taking some people more than 6 weeks from what I hear! Is that true?
Sounds about right, we wanted the gray but they did not have one. The dealer said it would be late May before they could get a gray one in. We went with the black, I really like it now.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Still think you should call the other dealer. These guys sound like they are going to try and get away with anything they can, you keep going back and giving them another chance. It should be the other way around.
You are getting good advice, like from @substi above, and from what I am tending to see, it is not resonating with you.
Why would you wanna do business with someone who quite obviously does NOT want to do business with you.
They certainly don't give a CR*P about trying to earn any of your business.
And I will repeat myself ........ If this is your experience NOW, wait until 2 years down the pike and you need something .. and they tell you either ... "Sorry. ....We don't really care" ........... or "GO take a hike."
'Jes sayin !@ .. They've already had "enough chances."
Good Luck .......... I hope you see we do care and are trying to steer you in the right direction.
Mikey Lulejian - Out on a soon to be stormin' Lake Oconee, GA @ 90+ degrees today.