• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishfinder/Chartplotter for 195s?

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be doing quite a bit of fishing out of my 2020 195S (inland lakes) and am planning to add a fishfinder that also has some better waypoint and breadcrumb functions than the stock connext maps. I'm looking for suggestions in regards to screen size, model and suggested mounting locations that won't make the unit stick out like a sore thumb. I've been looking at the 7" units currently, but I'm not sure how hard the install is or how much I should expect to pay to have one installed alongside the existing connext system. I'm not concerned about doing the wiring myself, but don't have any experience with transducer mounting, etc. Any tip suggestions or pic of your install to help get ideas are appreciated.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will give what little help I can...

My brother got me a 9" Garmin for my AR240. I got it to fit, but just barely. Love the big screen size, but really a 7" would have probably been better. Or even smaller.
IMG_20190607_203821.jpg

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I will be doing quite a bit of fishing out of my 2020 195S (inland lakes) and am planning to add a fishfinder
I'm removing the phone holder and mounting an Axiom 7 in my dash this spring. Your dash is smaller but a Simrad Go5 might fit if that works for you?

For the transducer you want it flush with the bottom of the hull. There's a few installation threads on here with ideas that might help. I bought the Axiom for the chartplotter and didn't get the transducer. We're not big on fishing right now...maybe after we retire and have more free time.

Soonerlt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had my dealer install a Helix 5 in my previous 2018 SX195. Mounted with a Ram mount and it worked out really well. I also replaced the swim deck cup holders with a combo cup/rod holder (15 degree). Hope this helps with your decision making!

Attachments

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got the Helix 7 to install on my 2019 AR190. I'm going to use a ram mount to install in front of the throttle.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be doing quite a bit of fishing out of my 2020 195S (inland lakes) and am planning to add a fishfinder that also has some better waypoint and breadcrumb functions than the stock connext maps. I'm looking for suggestions in regards to screen size, model and suggested mounting locations that won't make the unit stick out like a sore thumb. I've been looking at the 7" units currently, but I'm not sure how hard the install is or how much I should expect to pay to have one installed alongside the existing connext system. I'm not concerned about doing the wiring myself, but don't have any experience with transducer mounting, etc. Any tip suggestions or pic of your install to help get ideas are appreciated.

Simard GO5 on my 2020 AR190
1EC0A60D-B693-4F97-B328-C9F1551A32EA.jpeg172004BD-D1C2-418E-99EA-C6CF6B43AD6C.jpeg

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the replies and pictures! I'm planning to go with a 5" or 7". Sounds like the Ram mount is a popular choice too. I'd like to mount it in a way that doesn't obstruct my Connext screen. I'm looking at Lowrance & Hummingbird I think. Was initially leaning toward Lowrance, but the Hummingbird Helix does look nice as well. @Rob2336, does that 7" Hook Reveal interfere with the on-board display as far as obstructing it?

Rob2336

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No it doesn't, it was too big to flush mount so I used the mount that came with it. It helped with hiding the wires and came out pretty clean. I can still access the aux plug and the car charger port.

Attachments

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
go7 for me
2E691B4C-9226-4E74-B380-065ACAB76606.jpeg

T-Bone16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had my dealer install a Helix 5 in my previous 2018 SX195. Mounted with a Ram mount and it worked out really well. I also replaced the swim deck cup holders with a combo cup/rod holder (15 degree). Hope this helps with your decision making!
Do you have any pictures of the transducer mount?

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I searched on this site and have not been able to locate any pics of actual shoot thru transducer installs. I'm about to install one next to the speed/temp transducer on my boat. Will post pics once I get it installed and tested on the water. Should be sometime this weekend.

Soonerlt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

poordealguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did you route the drain hose for the rod holders? The existing drain on my 190 is higher than the bottom of the 30 degree cup rod holder combo.