• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fishfinder Install

nvuocolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All, looking for guidance on how/where to install the transducer on my 2023 AR 250. I have not yet picked out the unit itself but I am fairly certain I will be going with the Garmin ECHOMAP IHD 74cv. Additionally, this is my first boat, I've waited my entire life to buy it so I am certainly a newb and am obviously hesitant to drill any hole into the boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am taking delivery of the boat this Friday. Thank you.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello All, looking for guidance on how/where to install the transducer on my 2023 AR 250. I have not yet picked out the unit itself but I am fairly certain I will be going with the Garmin ECHOMAP IHD 74cv. Additionally, this is my first boat, I've waited my entire life to buy it so I am certainly a newb and am obviously hesitant to drill any hole into the boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am taking delivery of the boat this Friday. Thank you.
Why not have the dealer install it for you? They are familiar with the brand and how the hulls are made.

I was like you, never had a boat before and wanted my boat to be all done when I got it and I had no idea how to do things when I bought it.

nvuocolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I asked the dealer to do so but the fact is he is just so busy right now that it would push my delivery date even further than it already has which has been over two weeks. I have done some homework and it seems doable but that's why I am deferring to the people here with the knowledge to direct me on how to navigate this.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Check out this thread. You want to mount it at the lowest point, you can see in the youtube video how these boats run on plane. I took mine to a Yamaha dealer thinking they would know where to place it and they did not. They placed it way too high, it doesn't ready depth on plane and now I need to get it redone. If you take it somewhere, I would ask them where they are going to put it and make sure the location works.

A lot of guys are using the transom saver attachment (also mentioned in the link above). If you want to try to do it yourself.

RelentlessWMD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I have gotten where i trust dealers less and less when it comes to doing work on boats. do your research and do it yourself that way you know its done right, especially when you have a community like this to lean on and ask questions.
The transom saver is a great idea and i will be using it on my next install. I have installed transducers on two other boat successfully the traditional way and still thing the transom save is a good idea.
I too also like the garmin echomap units. have nice features, simple user interface. I am leaning towards a Echomap UHD2 53cv for this new boat. Seems to be a good size.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just installed a Garmin Echomap 93 on my fishing boat. The directions are very easy to understand. Their recommendations of where to mount it are spot on.

I did take the time to install a transom saver wtih the two screws and 3M 5200. It's a nice clean install, and allows for adjustments without putting additional holes in the hull. Garmin even included some grommets to run the wire through the hull and show you how to seal it. I had a drain hole I could use, but would have had no issues drilling a hole with their directions if I had needed.

Good luck!

1690298629458.png
1690298636873.png