• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 255

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Live in CA and I want this boat. My bro lives in AZ so I am going to register it there. Any issues with this plan???

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Live in CA and I want this boat. My bro lives in AZ so I am going to register it there. Any issues with this plan???
If you get pulled over, your drivers license and tow vehicle are ca plated and insured. The boat will be az registered in your name, in ca’s eyes you are defrauding the state out of fees. Go to the ca dmv website and look up registration requirements.. or you can just roll along and maybe you never get pulled over. Almost forgot… how are you going to insure the boat?

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you get pulled over, your drivers license and tow vehicle are ca plated and insured. The boat will be az registered in your name, in ca’s eyes you are defrauding the state out of fees. Go to the ca dmv website and look up registration requirements.. or you can just roll along and maybe you never get pulled over. Almost forgot… how are you going to insure the boat?
insuring the boat in AZ with my bro's address. problem is you can't buy a 255FSH in CA.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
insuring the boat in AZ with my bro's address. problem is you can't buy a 255FSH in CA.
Yeah, ca and their over the top enviro rules is out of control… you cannot buy a 210 FSH like mine as of Jan 1, 21.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah, ca and their over the top enviro rules is out of control… you cannot buy a 210 FSH like mine as of Jan 1, 21.
have a couple of friends who have places at the river who have their boats registered in AZ, live in CA, and they have never had any issues. I have to weigh out my options to see what I should do. I don't want to get into a situation if I get pulled over on the water and get a big fine.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
have a couple of friends who have places at the river who have their boats registered in AZ, live in CA, and they have never had any issues. I have to weigh out my options to see what I should do. I don't want to get into a situation if I get pulled over on the water and get a big fine.
Right on… I think after 18 months or so you can register the boat in ca.. hopefully you will be able to go forever without any dramas.. Since there is a residence that it is addressed to in ca you will be able to say that you boat in both places and just bring the boat over occasionally to boat in ca. I’m sure you will not be the only one who has their boat registered out of state and brings it to ca to boat.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right on… I think after 18 months or so you can register the boat in ca.. hopefully you will be able to go forever without any dramas.. Since there is a residence that it is addressed to in ca you will be able to say that you boat in both places and just bring the boat over occasionally to boat in ca. I’m sure you will not be the only one who has their boat registered out of state and brings it to ca to boat.
yeah CA is pretty harsh with their emission requirements. not sure this model will ever get approved in CA.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
yeah CA is pretty harsh with their emission requirements. not sure this model will ever get approved in CA.
Harsh = ridiculous / irrational / lunacy.

It will not unless they add cats to it. Just as well they don’t, that way the boat can stay less complicated and more reliable.

I hope you are able to get your hands on one and enjoy it! From the other thread about this boat it appears that it is delivering true off shore performance. A guy just posted that the boat works very well in 3-4’ seas!

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
that is good to hear. I have one on reserve so hoping nothing happens where I can not get it. focused on a center console right now and the Yamaha is by far the best deal on the market. love the swim step feature on the back. should know more in a month

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
starting to get cold feet on this boat. can any give me some color on the ride in open seas??? I plan on using this in the ocean. Have been reading a lot on different forums about this boat is a lake boat only.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
starting to get cold feet on this boat. can any give me some color on the ride in open seas??? I plan on using this in the ocean. Have been reading a lot on different forums about this boat is a lake boat only.
You need to read this thread… check out post #505. There are other posts of guys using their boats off shore in that thread as well… not just lake users. Suggest you contact the posters via pm and get the skinny.