• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Got a new Tow vehicle!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive always wanted a Tacoma, and when my brand new F150 kept screwing up, and almost hurt me... It was time to ditch the overgrown paper weight.

16106324218_2c1d3ae8bf_o.jpg

2015 TRD Offroad double cab. Its an amazing vehicle!

Nice!

If I may ask, what kind of troubles were you having with the Ford?

First at about 3k miles, the tranny had harsh engagement. That was due to the Drive shaft yoke being dry, and so they added Teflon lubricant and resealed. Then at 4.5k, the drive shaft started to rattle, and whine. Again back to the dealership. Move forward to about 7k miles.... Engine misfiring due to fuel starvation. Then back to the dealership after towing my boat to my new home in Jax,FL. Again, yoke needed lubricant, and resealing.

No joke... 20 miles later.... Drive shaft misaligned. Shaking the hell out of the bed...back to dealership. Then heading to work, big clunk, and the elocker engaged by itself.

Biggest POS ever made. Traded it in after 9800 miles.

Nice!

If I may ask, what kind of troubles were you having with the Ford?

Sounds like you got a lemon. Sorry to hear that, I am on my second f150 and have had no issues. Absolutely love it. Hope your new Toy treats you well. It's a cute little truck. ;)

@ScarabMike ... this may be a stupid question but have you towed your boat with your new Toyota?? The only I ask is that I have been thinking about these rigs whenever I decide to do something different. Nice looking rig by the way!

I tows the boat just fine. These little trucks are workhorses.

@ScarabMike ... this may be a stupid question but have you towed your boat with your new Toyota?? The only I ask is that I have been thinking about these rigs whenever I decide to do something different. Nice looking rig by the way!

So sorry to hear about the troubles you had with your Ford. It does sound like you had a lemon. I have several friends that have had multiple F150s without those kind of problems. We had an '01 supercrew that we absolutely loved. We put 175k miles on it without any major mechanical issues. We began towing our boat and camper more and more and wanted more power and space was the only reason we traded it for a diesel several years ago. Hope you have better luck with your new Taco. They are solid trucks for a midsize.

Great lookin truck and they are bullet proof! I just bought a Tundra and love it.

Took the boat for a ride to get some fuel through the system. The Taco handled the ramp, and towing the Scarab like a champ. No issues at all. Love this thing! Oh yea.... while driving it, I noticed it is wide as heck.

I test drove the tundras when I was looking for a truck. The truck was great but the dealer was terrible. Bought an f150 the next day, but I really like the toyotas.

Nice rig. Congrats. I am still holding out for the 2018 Raptor = )

Nice rig. Congrats. I am still holding out for the 2018 Raptor = )
I just saw an article this week about the 2016 Raptor. Apparently there isn't going to be a 2015 model and the '16 is going to have an Ecoboost motor. No more 6.2L! There's going to be all kinds of other tweeks too, but I just remember the part about the motor.

image.jpg image.jpg I got myself a brand new Tacoma right after I commmissioned into the Army. I loved it and still miss it. It is the perfect size truck and the aftermarket parts are endless. You will love it. Good choice! I drive a ford now but will always love Toyota. Check out tacomaworld.com.

I just saw an article this week about the 2016 Raptor. Apparently there isn't going to be a 2015 model and the '16 is going to have an Ecoboost motor. No more 6.2L! There's going to be all kinds of other tweeks too, but I just remember the part about the motor.

Yeah, I am waiting for 2018 for them to work out all the kinks. . . . . = )

@ScarabMike I took off the stock suspension and added the Icon Dynamics Stage 2 System from downsouth motorsports. Then I put on 285/65/18 BFG All-Terrains with KMC XD Monster wheels. It also had the TRD exhaust which was a good sound for a 6 banger.

Nice Ride....Those Tacomas are awesome little beasts.

I love my Tacoma. The only thing I would change is if it somehow could get better gas millage (without giving up anything else). I have the same color as @Helipilot11 except I have a long bed and don't have those cool wheels. I really like those wheels.
Check out the Toyota Tacoma double cab roof rack. The hold down bars tuck into the rail mounts when not in use so no whistling. I have had some pretty heave stuff on mine.
I also had a aftermarket sunroof installed that looks factory. It tucks in to the headliner when open just like a factory one would and even is programmed to close when I turn the key off. It is a Webasto Hollandia 700 series ( http://www.webasto.com/int/markets-...our-sunroofs/integrated-tilt-sliding-sunroof/ ).
I also strongly recommend some running boards I did a little off-roading and they saved my doors. It was much cheaper to replace a bent running board than a smashed door and door-frame.
As far as towing, don't worry. Mine has hulled my 212x around no problem. I have hulled a tandem axle dump trailer that far outweighed any Yamaha. The dealer told me the towing weight limit on these is not it's pulling ability, it is the sustained braking ability. With a big safety margin.
Enjoy!

@soggyshoes Thanks for that information man! I did get some N-Fab running boards installed. Love them. Now you got me looking into that sunroof,lol!

Back